PDA

View Full Version : Each candidate's debt (VERY telling)

JohnEngland
05-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I think this perfectly summarises the candidates' positions when it comes to fiscal responsibility and how serious they are about dealing with America's debt crisis.

Presuming Rand wins the primary, should this be made an issue:

Jack Conway (D) - $224,916
Rand Paul (R) - $0
Trey Grayson (R) - $118,056
Daniel Mongiardo (D) - $254,877

Rand is the only one who is living within his means and not massively in debt. How can supporters of other candidates expect their man to be responsible as a senator when they can't even be responsible as a candidate?

Rand > the rest

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Kentucky,_2010

Kotin
05-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Win.

Kludge
05-17-2010, 03:28 AM
The other candidates were more strongly convinced their platform was purposeful - one which exceded the purpose of money (if believed to exist at all).

Rand is clearly just another free-market nihilist.

.... Where'd that e-book by Irving Kristol go.....?

sailingaway
05-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I think this perfectly summarises the candidates' positions when it comes to fiscal responsibility and how serious they are about dealing with America's debt crisis.

Rand Paul (R) - $0

Rand is the only one who is living within his means and not massively in debt. How can supporters of other candidates expect their man to be responsible as a senator when they can't even be responsible as a candidate?

Rand > the rest

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Kentucky,_2010

Well, on that point he and his Dad clearly see eye to eye....

I remember in the presidential campaign at one filing McCain was in debt $5,000,000 and Ron not a penny; the papers were taking cracks at Ron turning in Burger King receipts and receipts for a box of donuts at a press event....and he refused matching funds as stolen money.

It's nice to have candidates you can actually be proud of.

And you bet it should be made an issue.

The economy is the #1 issue for voters, and they are sick of 'tightening the belt' applying only to the voter, not to the political class. Remember all the cracks about Obama's lobster and steak and major expenses when he was telling people they would have to 'give up a piece of their pie so someone else could have more'?

messana
05-17-2010, 06:02 AM
This should have been in one of his commercials.

josh.schisler
05-17-2010, 08:21 AM
It's not irresponsible to go into debt.

Maybe Kentuckians won't see it this way, and it will be a good ad issue.

Elwar
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Rand Paul (R) - $0

Rand > the rest

It appears that it will cost Rand about $118,000 to get Grayson's endorsement and support for the general election.

amisspelledword
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
It appears that it will cost Rand about $118,000 to get Grayson's endorsement and support for the general election.

hahaha about $56 off

jonathansloas
05-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I just checked out the FEC website and Rand has $75,999 in debt.

JohnEngland
05-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I just checked out the FEC website and Rand has $75,999 in debt.

Oh... Well then, let's NOT make an issue of the debt :D

*quietly pushes the issue under the rug with his foot*

EDIT: And yes, in retrospect, I should have checked the original source and not leave it to Wikipedia, Lesson learnt!