PDA

View Full Version : Last ditch effort by establishment: "Rand cant beat Dems"

Matt Collins
05-16-2010, 10:57 AM
The establishment (sans Mitch) is trying to paint Rand as unelectable against the Democrats. That's obviously nonsense. What is interesting is that Mitch is smart enough not to go on record saying that. CSMonitor, David Frum, and others, have started repeating that line in the last few days. I don't think it will matter however but the point that Mitch is not repeating that tells us that Mitch knows this things is over with.

BamaFanNKy
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
The establishment (sans Mitch) is trying to paint Rand as unelectable against the Democrats. That's obviously nonsense. What is interesting is that Mitch is smart enough not to go on record saying that. CSMonitor, David Frum, and others, have started repeating that line in the last few days. I don't think it will matter however but the point that Mitch is not repeating that tells us that Mitch knows this things is over with.

Not to mention it's retarded to think the dems have a Large chance in this state for a win in November. Conway and Lt. Dan are weak candidates and the state's very red.

Flash
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Marcus Carey pointed this out a week ago:
http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2010/05/still-struggling-with-my-humtrey-dumptrey-imagery-maybe-this-will-help.html

HarryBrowneLives
05-16-2010, 11:02 AM
They need to change David Frum's name to "David Go" ... as in A-WAY. Why on earth these people are still listened to and paid a consultants is beyond me. After leading the party and country off the cliff with their lame- brained ideas I'm surprised they could even get on TV.

sailingaway
05-16-2010, 11:20 AM

Well, PPP, a Dem polling co says it is close, but with Rand in the lead. Rasmussen says it isn't close at all, with Rand way out in front.

I do agree we have to woo back the independents whose admiration was dimmed a bit during the attack ad stage, but I think Rand has the substance that will make that a relatively sure thing.

sailingaway
05-16-2010, 11:21 AM
They need to change David Frum's name to "David Go" ... as in A-WAY. Why on earth these people are still listened to and paid a consultants is beyond me. After leading the party and country off the cliff with their lame- brained ideas I'm surprised they could even get on TV.

Frum is desperate. His group are losing their grip, so he is clutching with everything he's got, and looking increasingly as desperate as he has become.

Fozz
05-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Not to mention it's retarded to think the dems have a Large chance in this state for a win in November. Conway and Lt. Dan are weak candidates and the state's very red.

Conway and Mongiardo are NOT weak candidates. Rand is still likely to win in November but it will not in any way be a cakewalk.

sirgonzo420
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Conway and Mongiardo are NOT weak candidates. Rand is still likely to win in November but it will not in any way be a cakewalk.

I don't think it will be a cakewalk either..... especially if Grayson fucks with the vote (in the general if not the primary)....

JohnEngland
05-16-2010, 12:52 PM
I ask you, how can any informed person NOT like Rand:

1) Less trigger-happy than most in the GOP and Dems
2) Wants term limits
3) Wants a balanced budget
4) Understands the Constitution
5) Knows real economics
6) Not a politician
7) Good family man
8) etc. etc. etc.

I think the establishment are just so out of touch and actually think that most people want lots of "free" goodies (paid for by China), endless war, massive debt etc.

Rand is so obviously the cure. Whilst it will still require maximum effort to win, the Dems surely do not have a genuine case for their election - the era of big government has repeatedly been shown to fail, especially now, with the collapse of entitlement Greece and other countries in Europe.

The only way for Rand to lose is by means of an uninformed electorate.

BamaFanNKy
05-16-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes they are. Even my buddies in the KDP will tell you the both of them are far from strong.

sarahgop
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
i support rand paul and i implore everyone to now forsake grayson.