PDA

View Full Version : Where's Trey's Double Secret Hail Mary?

Promontorium
05-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Life is about learning, and I think life is so ridiculously varied and complicated, the experienced can't always say to the inexperienced "It's this way" with much certainty or unanimity.

Most of us were deluded during the Ron Paul campaign that some special miraculous event would occur to turn most people to Ron Paul. I know it came out as reasonable at the time 'hey, he's the best candidate, therefore people will get it.' was around the lines of my delusion.

I think a similar thing as occured with Rand Paul, where I (I'd like to say we) have bought into the nay-sayers infinite supply of negativity, that every second we're not looking Trey's invisible army of ninjas will snatch the election away.

I'll be honest, my heart can't take it anymore. So I'm glad that once again I (we) was (were) deluded. I'm just saying, I think I've finally learned to take this all at face value. I never paid close attention to an election before 2008, so I don't feel it took me too long to learn.

economics102
05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Agreed. There is so much evil in this world, it's easy to wind up presuming the supply is unlimited, and that it is naiive to think evil can be vanquished.

This battle is far from over, and we may not win. But if Paul even goes so far as to win the primary, those of evil intent will have lost one of their chief advantages: the perception that they are invincible. Paul will have shown all who sit on the sidelines, that indeed victory is possible. And hope is a powerful asset.