PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Crist: Joe Lieberman Inspired My Independent Run

bobbyw24
05-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Last week, when the whole world was anticipating Florida Governor Charlie Crist's jump to an independent run for the Florida Senate seat, the reliably on-the-button Dam Amira of NYMag's Daily Intel blog characterized the move as "pulling a Lieberman"Crist told the National Review that it was Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman who provided him with the inspirado:

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist tells National Review Online that a conversation with Sen. Joe Lieberman (I., Conn.) helped to convince him to run for U.S. Senate as an independent. "[Lieberman] told me that [going independent] is the most liberating thing," Crist says. "He was right. I'm much happier now, to be perfectly candid."

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/162607/thumbs/s-CRIST-AND-LIBERMAN-large.jpg

Crist went on to tell the National Review that he plans no retreat from being a fiscal conservative, and, in addition, came out against Arizona's new immigration law, calling it "wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/charlie-crist-joe-lieberm_n_560857.html

TCE
05-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I would be liberated as well if I got out of a race I was going to lose by 20 points versus a race I am competitive in. He knows his audience, the Democrats.

bobbyw24
05-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I would be liberated as well if I got out of a race I was going to lose by 20 points versus a race I am competitive in. He knows his audience, the Democrats.

That's right--he vetoed a bill that would have required teachers to earn their raises in pay. The teachers' unions now love him and are supporting him.

paulaholic
05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Crist went on to tell the National Review that he plans no retreat from being a fiscal conservative, and, in addition, came out

It's about time!

cindy25
05-16-2010, 06:54 AM
I don't like Crist, but I like the idea of more 3rd party/independent candidates. helps break up the 2 party monopoly