PDA

View Full Version : Can illegal immigrants vote? (illegally)

Reason
05-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Is it as easy as the neocons like to say it is?

virgil47
05-15-2010, 11:49 AM
In most states ... yes. There is no requirement for proof of citizenship to register to vote in most states. Having to prove citizenship for anything is considered racist and against the value systems of those in power.

Philhelm
05-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I say we just let the whole world vote for our representatives. It's discriminatory otherwise. Of course, the word "discriminate" has been misused as of late, and taken for granted that to discriminate is inherently wrong.

WaltM
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Is it as easy as the neocons like to say it is?

YEs, or else how did Obama get to burn his birth certificate and get half the country to back him as President?

Reason
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
YEs, or else how did Obama get to burn his birth certificate and get half the country to back him as President?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American citizen...

nate895
05-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I most states all you need is a utility bill. There are even lower standards in other state.

Paulitician
05-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it's very easy. I'm an illegal and voted for Ron Paul in 2008. JK, everything I just said I made up.

Roxi
05-15-2010, 02:34 PM
anyone can vote fraudulently. Most Utility companies require a social security number. If you have a utility bill and you are here illegally then you must also have a fake identity. Fake identities are easier than ever to get. If you are voting and you are here illegally you must also have a fake identity, because all voter registration forms ask for social security numbers. If you don't include your social you won't get registered. Voter fraud happens all the time.

Zippyjuan
05-15-2010, 07:39 PM
You don't need to present papers when you register to vote but the registrar will check the name and info before you are listed as elgible to vote. Once you are on the rolls they only seem to seek minimal ID (such as your utility bill or the voter pamphlet mailed to your house) but the registrar is supposed to verify that you are a citizen before you are on the list. I suppose that if somebody got a copy of your utility bill and went to your polling place they could vote illegally but the chances are extremelly small. Illegal aliens are not voting.

There are other games that are played. In the last election cycle there was a group of people who were supposed to be trying to sign up Republicans before the election - and they were tossing out anybody who signed up with them as Democrats. When the Dems showed up at the polls, the obviously could not find their names listed.
http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=2421595

virgil47
05-15-2010, 08:53 PM
You don't need to present papers when you register to vote but the registrar will check the name and info before you are listed as elgible to vote. Once you are on the rolls they only seem to seek minimal ID (such as your utility bill or the voter pamphlet mailed to your house) but the registrar is supposed to verify that you are a citizen before you are on the list. I suppose that if somebody got a copy of your utility bill and went to your polling place they could vote illegally but the chances are extremelly small. Illegal aliens are not voting.

There are other games that are played. In the last election cycle there was a group of people who were supposed to be trying to sign up Republicans before the election - and they were tossing out anybody who signed up with them as Democrats. When the Dems showed up at the polls, the obviously could not find their names listed.
http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=2421595

Illegals vote in every election. it is very easy to do. In California I believe they have the motor-voter drive thru registration. If you have a license you can register and vote. Very few states check for citizenship status to get a drivers license and all you need to vote in many states is a license.

Arizona is one of the very few states to require a birth certificate as proof of citizenship in order to get a drivers license. So show your license and you've proven that you are a citizen. By the way drivers licenses issued in Arizona are good until your 65th birthday. No need to renew until then.

Zippyjuan
05-15-2010, 09:40 PM
By the way drivers licenses issued in Arizona are good until your 65th birthday. No need to renew until then.

I found that odd when I learned it. They recommend you renew it every seven years but you don't have to and nobody looks like the picture on their license after that long (seven years) as much anyways. Arizona has some weird laws (sure, we do too in CA). Most states you can sign up as a voter anyplace. The petitioners in front of grocery stores usually have them so they can sign them up to make them elgible to sign the petition. You don't need any ID there (that is as I said verified later by the registrar).

Illegals will not vote out of fear of getting caught and deported. This type of fraud will be too insignificant to impact the outcome of an election. Just consider the numbers. Out of 300 million, ten million are illegal (10.6 at the most recent estimate). If they voted at the same percentages as US citizens that would be about three percent. Since they will not be voting at the same rate as citizens, less than one percent of votes are likely illegal.

This is just another "illegal aliens" story to get people all riled up. Can anybody provide proof and numbers of illegal aliens voting in the last election from a non- biased source? Voting fraud can and does occur, sure but this is not going to be any major source of it.

Reason
05-15-2010, 11:41 PM
hmmm

heavenlyboy34
05-15-2010, 11:43 PM
It's harder for them to do it in AZ, unless they've got some damn good forgers thanx to prop 200.

constituent
05-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Maybe we need a standardized voter id, uniform through all of the states that every citizen could bring with them to the polls? Like a driver's license...

I understand the concept of lax voter registration policy (why should I have to jump through all this legal mumbo jumbo just to tell you to kiss my ass? really....), and this solution would allow all citizens to know that their votes count equally as much as any other citizen's without forcing folks through the bureaucratic rigamarole of vital records requests and blah blah anytime they move out of one state and register in another.

Simple and secure. Sovereignty restored!