PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser Idea

anewvoice
10-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I was trying to think of a way to both excite the masses, extend exposure and get some fundraising dollars at the same time.

What I came up with is a bowling fundraiser (it gets cold up here in MI). There are a ton of bowling alleys around here and I'm reasonably certain I can find one amenable to hosting a fundraiser event (even if they aren't yet a supporter).

I was thinking $25 single, $50 a family, make it as big an affair as possible. Have the costs of the bowling (maybe food too) taken out of the donations. Put some of those 4' x 8' Ron Paul signs on the outside of the building, Ron Paul hats / shirts / posters as prizes!

And everyone is a winner, personal liberty to everyone.

Anyone have thoughts on this, done it before, know how the donations are handled (meaning, removing costs).

joshuastjohn
10-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a good idea. How would you go about approaching bowling alleys with this?

anewvoice
10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
My son is in a peewee bowling thing so I figured I would start there. I don't expect the bowling alley to give me anything, just be a location. Anything extra is awesome!!

thuja
10-12-2007, 07:55 AM
is there a way to show two or three videos too? anyway, hope you do this. it sounds like fun and a great way for more people to hear about, and talk about Ron Paul. Soon there will be every sort of party and get together about him!