PDA

View Full Version : Video: "Ride for the Fallen Heroes"

Jamsie 567
05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
YouTube - Bill Hunt for Sheriff "Ride for the Fallen Heroes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJ-U8y3Vmc)
>

furface
05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
To be honest I find pandering to government workers like police officers and fire fighters yet another form of Orwellian Statism. There are lots of jobs that are more dangerous than that of a union police officer. Honestly I'd rather pay tribute to fallen construction workers since that job is inherently more dangerous.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2010, 08:08 AM
To be honest I find pandering to government workers like police officers and fire fighters yet another form of Orwellian Statism. There are lots of jobs that are more dangerous than that of a union police officer. Honestly I'd rather pay tribute to fallen construction workers since that job is inherently more dangerous.

I had the same thought myself.

How is it that, just by donning a government uniform, you become a hero?

furface
05-15-2010, 09:10 AM
How is it that, just by donning a government uniform, you become a hero?

The best way to propagate a lie is to make anything but the exact opposite of the truth politically incorrect. "The truth is always subversive."

Jamsie 567
05-15-2010, 10:09 AM

I think someone taking action to donate funds to a cause for police officers that lost their life for serving in the line of duty is respectable. I would personally rather donate to a fallen officer fund than to someone who had a tragic death working who fell off a sky scraper. It sucks to say but it's true... It's the difference between public service and a public employee.

On that note one life is not more important than the next we all just choose our battles in who and what we fight for. I encourage you to seek your own justice as Bill Hunt has done but it is easy for the naysayer to cast criticisms from the sidelines.

Pandering for their vote would mean he is trying to win their support but he already has the deputy endorsement for the last 3 years. This is a public employee union meaning it's the men and woman in the department they each cast their vote individually. This is the most important endorsement a sheriff candidate can receive since it's the people inside department who they want to be their next leader.

I personally think in this case we should listen to who the deputies who they want to be their leader. The failure of not doing this in the past cost the OC tax payers millions. The corrupt OC GOP has backed anyone but Hunt and supported Mike Carona the now convicted felon.

Bill Hunt was fired and exiled from their department for exposing his own boss Carona. All his allegations were proven true in court during the indictment of Mike Carona.

Here is the story if you wish to find out what is happening...

YouTube - The Rise of Bill Hunt Money Bomb, May 1st! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7P_1JVfl0M)

furface
05-15-2010, 05:18 PM
It's the difference between public service and a public employee.

Really? What's the difference?

I know it's a touchy issue because there are a lot of cops and fire fighters who support libertarian ideas. Federal issues aside, however, on a local level police and fire "protection" are the main drivers of big government with their self serving unions. If by "service" you mean 100k+ salaries and retiring at 50 with bull pension/benefits, then where do I get one of those "service" jobs?

VegasPatriot
05-15-2010, 08:19 PM
This thread is designed to promote Bill Hunt and his run for sheriff.

At any giving time, there are threads all over this forum where negative comments regarding police would be appropriate;

yet without fail there are those who feel compelled to remind everyone here just how shitty cops are…

on a thread promoting one of the good guys. :(

furface
05-15-2010, 08:38 PM
If Bill Hunt wants to cut sheriff deputy salaries and benefits, thus starting a CA statewide movement for such government employee salary cuts, I will support him. Otherwise, he's just another big government bureaucrat.

I see he gives lip service to the 2nd Amendment. What's the purpose of the 2nd Amendment? To protect government union salaries and benefits? I don't think so.

This is something that Oathkeepers is going to have to deal with. The cost of military, police, and fire services are way too high. These costs and with it the level of personnel have got to come down to earth.

Jamsie 567
05-15-2010, 09:12 PM
The Sheriff has no authority over the negotiations between union bosses and pensions. That is handled by the Board of Supervisors. I believe you would support Bill Hunt he is a true reformer and the establishment is scared to death of him and is now the front runner in the race.

He is on record for the following points.

He will stop the spiking of senior managers pensions
He will limit the use of take home vehicles to first responders only. The senior managers use our tax payer money to drive their kids to school.
He will institute a policy for inmates to use their own medical care plans instead of using our system many of them have health care but we don't charge it back to their medical plans.
He will end the the bed for feds program and not allow the federal government to rent out our multi million dollar facility to the federal government. They did this in LA now the Federal government runs the LA prison.
He will stop cite and release they let go all illegal aliens with out even doing proper background checks and release them to the streets.
He is on record for defending the Oath Keepers and will continue to support them as a worthy cause to promote positive values in America
He will make Orange County a shall issue county for CCW's so all can law abiding citizens can have have right to keep and bear arms which gives us the tactical advantage. He knows cops don't stop crime from a happening they clean it up the mess. CA is presently a may issue state we know how to change the system the Sheriff has 100% discretion over this point which is not widely known.

In the words of Sheriff Richard Mack "If you are looking for someone that has already proved they will have the public's best interests at hand he already proved it.