05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
GOA-PVF Candidate Surging Ahead
-- Sharron Angle gains 20 points in one month

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund E-Mail Alert
8001 Forbes Pl, Suite 102
Springfield, VA 22151
http://www.goapvf.org

Friday, May 14, 2010

In just one month, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle has surged twenty points in the polls in her bid to take on Nevada Senator Harry Reid in November.

According to a May 10-11 joint poll released by the Las Vegas Review Journal and Mason Dixon, Angle now leads anti-gunner Danny Tarkanian by three points, and is closing in fast on the other leading candidate, Sue Lowden.

Sharron Angle is strongly supported by Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund, earning an "A" rating from GOA for her unwavering work defending the Second Amendment during her eight years in the state legislature.

The latest poll results are extremely encouraging for gun owners and sportsmen not only in Nevada, but throughout the country as well. Harry Reid continually uses his position as Majority Leader of the Senate to undermine the Second Amendment. In Sharron Angle, supporters of the right to keep and bear arms will have a tried, true and trusted friend.

With Sharron now rapidly rising to the head of the pack, it is more important than ever for gun owners across the country to get behind her campaign with as much generous financial support as possible.

Gun Owners of America is the only national gun rights organization opposing Harry Reid in the November elections. So please, stand with us as we stand with Sharron Angle in this important primary election.

You can go to www.sharronangle.com today to contribute and to learn more about this campaign.

To learn more about the anti-gun record of Harry Reid, see:
http://goapvf.org/GOA-PVF-2010-Favorites/sharron-angle-for-senate.htm

Thank you for your support of the Second Amendment, and for any contribution you are able to provide Sharron Angle.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
Vice-Chairman

KCIndy
05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I got the same email from GOA.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm not really all that knowledgeable about the Nevada senate campaign situation, except that Reid is in big trouble.

Anyone in Nevada care to post a rundown of the candidates and which one is closest to the Ron Paul/Liberty school of thought?

DamianTV
05-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, Reid is in trouble, and the person he is threatened by took out the Nevada GOP to prevent Ron Paul from getting any Delegates at all, and Reid showed his true colors by voting AGAINST the Audit The Fed legislation.

Sue Lowden

If you live in Nevada, DO NOT VOTE FOR REID OR LOWDEN!

RM918
05-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, Reid is in trouble, and the person he is threatened by took out the Nevada GOP to prevent Ron Paul from getting any Delegates at all, and Reid showed his true colors by voting AGAINST the Audit The Fed legislation.

Sue Lowden

If you live in Nevada, DO NOT VOTE FOR REID OR LOWDEN!

I thought the name 'Sue Lowden' sounded familiar...

TonySutton
05-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I am curious how she rationalizes her family values statement with the rest of her get government out of our lives statements.

angelatc
05-14-2010, 01:19 PM
The Las Vegas RP people said that Angle is the Liberty candidate.

teamrican1
05-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Based on their issues pages, none of them appear to be Liberty candidates, but Tarkanian sounds the best to me. Lowden and Angle both have ultra-neocon talking points for their foreign policy sections. Tarkanian actually sounds anti-war.

low preference guy
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
A like Tarkanian's foreign policy better, but I'd be happy with anyone but Lowden.

I like that Sharon calls for the abolition of the Department of Education, while Tarkanian doesn't.

itshappening
05-14-2010, 02:14 PM
lets hope we dont split the vote for Lowden, that's their new trick now (see Indiana )

fletcher
05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
The Nevada Ron Paul people should make some sort of ad letting people know that Sue Lowden hates democracy and will deny people their vote if they aren't voting for her candidate. Lowden has to be stopped. I would prefer Reid over Lowden, and I hate Reid.

DamianTV
05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
For those of you in WASHOE COUNTY, (Reno area)

Voter turnout is the 10TH WORST IN THE COUNTRY

This can be used to our ADVANTAGE! Due to the very low turnout, if only a small number of us vote, we can easily overwhelm the rest of the sheep around here that do not bother to vote. We can start taking our country back!

---

Splitting the vote: Angle is running on the Republican ticket. The divide and conquer tactic here will also work to our advantage. The more that vote for Sharon, the less that vote for Sue Lowden or Reid, and I believe Sue Lowden is the greater of the two evils.

DamianTV
05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
The best places for us to fight are the places we can have the most impact.

With that said, I think it is in EVERY forum members best interest to include as part of their signatures who to vote for or who the biggest threat is. Hence, I changed my sig to warn any other Nevada residents to stay the hell away from Sue Lowden.

damiengwa
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
For those of you in WASHOE COUNTY, (Reno area)

Voter turnout is the 10TH WORST IN THE COUNTRY

This can be used to our ADVANTAGE! Due to the very low turnout, if only a small number of us vote, we can easily overwhelm the rest of the sheep around here that do not bother to vote. We can start taking our country back!

All the candidates in that race believe in government. And the girl hasn't even stated how she would vote on the war from what i can gather. Go ahead. Go to work for her. Lets help another Scott Brown opportunist into office. If the person has served in political office before i don't wanna hear a dam thing unless they have perfect liberty bona-fides.

Any one else is guaranteed to screw you... Go ahead, keep your fevered imagination running. You won't 'overwhelm' anything. There IS no taking back the government. Its over. Start planing for other arrangements or activism. Quit being a sucker to these tax feeders! Who cares of GOA endorsed...She is a career politician...

libertarian4321
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm torn on the Sue Lowden issue.

On one hand, she intentionally screwed Ron Paul.

On the other hand, she's the only candidate with a viable alternative to government health care :) :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20003163-503544.html

The Patriot
05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Why all this support for Angle? Is Tarkanian not the Conservative non-interventionist in the race? I am surprised to see this support for Angle. Her background doesn't seem that impressive either, she certainly doesn't have the business or financial background that Tarkanian does. Her history just shows her to be a career politician who has never worked in the private sector or produced anything of value. I think people here should rethink their support for this woman.

Tarkanian short Bio
At UNLV Danny graduated with high honors and was the school's first Rhodes Scholar candidate. Danny also received the prestigious NCAA post-graduate award, given to the student-athletes that most excel in both the classroom and in athletics.

Upon graduating Danny attended law school at the University of San Diego. Danny graduated 3rd in his class, magna cum laude and was also named to the Law Review. After law school Danny returned to Las Vegas and passed the Nevada Bar exam. He subsequently practiced law for seven years. Today, Danny runs a real estate business.

Foreign Policy and Defense

The United States possesses the greatest military power in the world, and with that power comes the burden to utilize it responsibly. It is not the role of our military to act as the world’s policemen, or to work as a government building coalition. Our armed forces exist to protect our nation and when attacked, seek out and bring to justice those responsible.

We need to transition to a precise military strategy to capture or destroy those responsible for the attack on September 11, 2001, wherever they may be harbored. Achieving justice through the elimination of the terrorists who perpetrated that cowardly attack deserves every resource our country can offer the troops in the field, but I believe it can be done through the use of pin-point military power and not the broad policing force currently in place. At the same time we must begin withdrawing our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan where they are serving primarily as a policing and restructuring coalition.

Withdrawing troops from Iraq and Afghanistan will save the country over $2 trillion in spending over the next 7 years and more importantly, it will bring our service men and women home to their families, out of harms way. Finding a way of reducing the United States military presence overseas, while still aggressively pursuing our enemies, must be a priority for our government.

Proposed Federal Agency Budget Cuts

Press Release
February 8th, 2010
- Environmental Protection Agency:
Eliminate the Clean Air and Global Climate Change Goal – SAVINGS: $1.19 billion.
Chesapeake Bay, Mississippi River Basin, Great Lakes Restoration Projects – SAVINGS: $321 million.
- Department of Interior:
Eliminate the Rural Development Public Television Program – SAVINGS: $4.8 million.
- Department of Energy:
Eliminate inefficient technology as identified by the DOE Inspector General – SAVINGS: $13.8 million.
Eliminate ethanol subsidies – SAVINGS: $7 billion.
- Department of State:
Reduce U.S. contributions to the United Nations – SAVINGS: $2 billion.
- Department of Agriculture:
Reduction in discretionary spending – SAVINGS: $2.5 billion.
- Department of Health and Human Services:
Eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse – SAVINGS: $100 billion.
- General Budget:
Cancel the expenditure of federal funds held by federal agencies for more than 2 years – SAVINGS: $100 billion.
Cancel the expenditure of TARP funds – SAVINGS: $700 billion.
Cancel the expenditure of remaining stimulus funds – SAVINGS: $500 billion.
Eliminate the National Endowment of the Arts – SAVINGS: $161.3 million.
Eliminate earmark spending – SAVINGS: $7.7 billion.
Disposal of unused or under used federal properties – SAVINGS: $1.6 billion, Potential Revenue: $83.8 billion.
Cut Political Science Funding from the National Science Foundation Budget – SAVINGS: $10 million.
Cut the congressional budget for itself – SAVINGS: $245 million.
Eliminate the Corporation for National and Community Service – SAVINGS: $1.4 billion.
Consolidation of duplicative programs cuts in wasteful spending, repeal of excessive overhead within the federal government – SAVINGS: $22 Billion.
- Department of Education:
Reduction in Discretionary Spending – SAVINGS: $45 billion.

Reducing Taxes

Our taxes in this country are simply too high and because of that I was honored to sign the Taxpayer Protection Pledge issued by the American’s for Tax Reform. The United States tax code is one of the most complex in the world and is incredibly biased against saving and investment. Real tax code reform is needed and that means transitioning from the current form to a new system, like the fair tax system that is currently being proposed in both the House and the Senate. A repeal of all income taxes and an institution of a straight fair tax would relieve the tax burden on businesses and help open the door for growth and job creation, while also allowing the taxpayer to responsibly spend their money how they see fit. This tax system has received bipartisan support and stands as a plausible alternative to the current tax code. However, the current tax structure that is in place is dependent upon consumer spending and as such requires consumption to thrive. Under this structure, the key to economic growth is cutting sales tax rates to incentivize consumer spending. At the same time there are several other significant tax reforms that should take place in lieu of a complete overhaul of the tax code to help give money back to taxpayer to pay down debt and save:

Repeal the Death Tax – The so-called inheritance or estate tax is inefficient, unfair and unconstitutional and that is why I signed the American Family Business Institute’s pledge to repeal the death tax. It is a poison to family business and placed a wasteful burden on small businesses. The Death Tax was repealed in 2001 but will go back into full effect next year at staggering levels if no action is taken. The Death Tax repeal must be extended or made permanent so that American families can avoid being taxed twice for the same income.

Repeal the Capital Gains Tax/ Inflation Indexing – Set to revert back to its 2003 levels at the end of 2010, we need to work to ensure that capital gains taxes are kept at a reduced level or repealed. If neither of these options is achievable, then at a minimum we must ensure that the Capital Gains tax is indexed for inflation to help taxpayers avoid getting taxed on money they didn’t actually receive.

Lower Income Taxes – Yet another of the 2001/2003 Bush tax cuts set to sunset at the end of this year, the income tax rates will explode if action is not taken to make the cuts permanent. Even at the current rates our income taxes are far too high and I am committed keeping them from getting any higher and in the long term lowering them. We need to pass reforms that will rollback tax rates to Reagan era levels.

http://tark2010.org

Orgoonian
05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Lowden is going down....And i dont mean that in a good way;)

Imperial
05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
That is really cool from Tarkanian, that press release.

The Patriot
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
That is really cool from Tarkanian, that press release.

I like how he doesn't talk in platitudes, he give specifics, and sets realistic attainable goals that can be achieved in the near future with the right people in office.

klamath
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Why all this support for Angle? Is Tarkanian not the Conservative non-interventionist in the race? I am surprised to see this support for Angle. Her background doesn't seem that impressive either, she certainly doesn't have the business or financial background that Tarkanian does. Her history just shows her to be a career politician who has never worked in the private sector or produced anything of value. I think people here should rethink their support for this woman.

Tarkanian short Bio
At UNLV Danny graduated with high honors and was the school's first Rhodes Scholar candidate. Danny also received the prestigious NCAA post-graduate award, given to the student-athletes that most excel in both the classroom and in athletics.

Upon graduating Danny attended law school at the University of San Diego. Danny graduated 3rd in his class, magna cum laude and was also named to the Law Review. After law school Danny returned to Las Vegas and passed the Nevada Bar exam. He subsequently practiced law for seven years. Today, Danny runs a real estate business.

Foreign Policy and Defense

The United States possesses the greatest military power in the world, and with that power comes the burden to utilize it responsibly. It is not the role of our military to act as the world’s policemen, or to work as a government building coalition. Our armed forces exist to protect our nation and when attacked, seek out and bring to justice those responsible.

We need to transition to a precise military strategy to capture or destroy those responsible for the attack on September 11, 2001, wherever they may be harbored. Achieving justice through the elimination of the terrorists who perpetrated that cowardly attack deserves every resource our country can offer the troops in the field, but I believe it can be done through the use of pin-point military power and not the broad policing force currently in place. At the same time we must begin withdrawing our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan where they are serving primarily as a policing and restructuring coalition.

Withdrawing troops from Iraq and Afghanistan will save the country over $2 trillion in spending over the next 7 years and more importantly, it will bring our service men and women home to their families, out of harms way. Finding a way of reducing the United States military presence overseas, while still aggressively pursuing our enemies, must be a priority for our government.

Proposed Federal Agency Budget Cuts

Press Release
February 8th, 2010
- Environmental Protection Agency:
Eliminate the Clean Air and Global Climate Change Goal – SAVINGS: $1.19 billion.
Chesapeake Bay, Mississippi River Basin, Great Lakes Restoration Projects – SAVINGS: $321 million.
- Department of Interior:
Eliminate the Rural Development Public Television Program – SAVINGS: $4.8 million.
- Department of Energy:
Eliminate inefficient technology as identified by the DOE Inspector General – SAVINGS: $13.8 million.
Eliminate ethanol subsidies – SAVINGS: $7 billion.
- Department of State:
Reduce U.S. contributions to the United Nations – SAVINGS: $2 billion.
- Department of Agriculture:
Reduction in discretionary spending – SAVINGS: $2.5 billion.
- Department of Health and Human Services:
Eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse – SAVINGS: $100 billion.
- General Budget:
Cancel the expenditure of federal funds held by federal agencies for more than 2 years – SAVINGS: $100 billion.
Cancel the expenditure of TARP funds – SAVINGS: $700 billion.
Cancel the expenditure of remaining stimulus funds – SAVINGS: $500 billion.
Eliminate the National Endowment of the Arts – SAVINGS: $161.3 million.
Eliminate earmark spending – SAVINGS: $7.7 billion.
Disposal of unused or under used federal properties – SAVINGS: $1.6 billion, Potential Revenue: $83.8 billion.
Cut Political Science Funding from the National Science Foundation Budget – SAVINGS: $10 million.
Cut the congressional budget for itself – SAVINGS: $245 million.
Eliminate the Corporation for National and Community Service – SAVINGS: $1.4 billion.
Consolidation of duplicative programs cuts in wasteful spending, repeal of excessive overhead within the federal government – SAVINGS: $22 Billion.
- Department of Education:
Reduction in Discretionary Spending – SAVINGS: $45 billion.

Reducing Taxes

Our taxes in this country are simply too high and because of that I was honored to sign the Taxpayer Protection Pledge issued by the American’s for Tax Reform. The United States tax code is one of the most complex in the world and is incredibly biased against saving and investment. Real tax code reform is needed and that means transitioning from the current form to a new system, like the fair tax system that is currently being proposed in both the House and the Senate. A repeal of all income taxes and an institution of a straight fair tax would relieve the tax burden on businesses and help open the door for growth and job creation, while also allowing the taxpayer to responsibly spend their money how they see fit. This tax system has received bipartisan support and stands as a plausible alternative to the current tax code. However, the current tax structure that is in place is dependent upon consumer spending and as such requires consumption to thrive. Under this structure, the key to economic growth is cutting sales tax rates to incentivize consumer spending. At the same time there are several other significant tax reforms that should take place in lieu of a complete overhaul of the tax code to help give money back to taxpayer to pay down debt and save:

Repeal the Death Tax – The so-called inheritance or estate tax is inefficient, unfair and unconstitutional and that is why I signed the American Family Business Institute’s pledge to repeal the death tax. It is a poison to family business and placed a wasteful burden on small businesses. The Death Tax was repealed in 2001 but will go back into full effect next year at staggering levels if no action is taken. The Death Tax repeal must be extended or made permanent so that American families can avoid being taxed twice for the same income.

Repeal the Capital Gains Tax/ Inflation Indexing – Set to revert back to its 2003 levels at the end of 2010, we need to work to ensure that capital gains taxes are kept at a reduced level or repealed. If neither of these options is achievable, then at a minimum we must ensure that the Capital Gains tax is indexed for inflation to help taxpayers avoid getting taxed on money they didn’t actually receive.

Lower Income Taxes – Yet another of the 2001/2003 Bush tax cuts set to sunset at the end of this year, the income tax rates will explode if action is not taken to make the cuts permanent. Even at the current rates our income taxes are far too high and I am committed keeping them from getting any higher and in the long term lowering them. We need to pass reforms that will rollback tax rates to Reagan era levels.

http://tark2010.org

I like what he says here but TARP funds hve been spent or most of them. How can we cancel the whole 700 billion that was appropriated and spent and save 700 billion?

Agorism
05-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Who is better Tark or Angle?

There is of course the danger that these two candidates split the tea party vote and Lowden wins.

The Patriot
05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I like what he says here but TARP funds hve been spent or most of them. How can we cancel the whole 700 billion that was appropriated and spent and save 700 billion?

They have as off now spent 496.8 billion of the 700 billion. 200.2 billion isn't small potatoes, and it is important it not be spent and instead be used to pay off our debt.

The Patriot
05-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Who is better Tark or Angle?

There is of course the danger that these two candidates split the tea party vote and Lowden wins.

If Angle dropped out, Tarkanian would win no doubt. She seems like she represents the more neo conservative branch of the tea party, where as Tarkanian represents traditonal conservatives and libertarians.

low preference guy
05-14-2010, 05:58 PM
If Angle dropped out, Tarkanian would win no doubt. She seems like she represents the more neo conservative branch of the tea party, where as Tarkanian represents traditonal conservatives and libertarians.

Maybe if she drops out and endorses Tarkanian, because when Angle was a nobody in the polls, Lowden was still leading. Angle took a lot of votes from her too.

klamath
05-14-2010, 06:26 PM
They have as off now spent 496.8 billion of the 700 billion. 200.2 billion isn't small potatoes, and it is important it not be spent and instead be used to pay off our debt.
Yes but he says it would save 700 billion. Where is he pulling figures from?

TCE
05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Lowden is in the lead, she is the favorite to win. Either something serious needs to happen, or she is going to be a U.S. Senator.

eproxy100
05-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Sharron Angle is just another neocon. Straight out from her website:

"Israel is a democratic nation and ally in the Middle East. Their sovereignty, stability and security are in the best interests of the United States when dealing with radical Islamic terror. Our diplomatic dealings with Israel and all of our allies must always promote freedom around the world and we must encourage our allies to join us in sanctioning those nations who harbor terrorists and encourage tyranny."

Tarkanian seems to be the better candidate.

Anybody disagree?

fletcher
05-15-2010, 12:25 AM
The Ron Paul Nevadans have to have something planned. I remember these people paying for a couple dozen billboards in Iowa. They take their liberty seriously and have shown that they have the money to back it up. And it's very personal to them. Hell, it's personal to me and I don't live there. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much.

low preference guy
05-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Sharron Angle is just another neocon. Straight out from her website:

"Israel is a democratic nation and ally in the Middle East. Their sovereignty, stability and security are in the best interests of the United States when dealing with radical Islamic terror. Our diplomatic dealings with Israel and all of our allies must always promote freedom around the world and we must encourage our allies to join us in sanctioning those nations who harbor terrorists and encourage tyranny."

Tarkanian seems to be the better candidate.

Anybody disagree?

Problem with Tarkanian is that he is bad on guns. But both of them are much better than Sue Lowden, so I'll be happy if any of them win.

Although those two have weaknesses, they have positives. Examples:

Angle: Wants to abolish the department of education.
Tarkanian: Sounds like a non-interventionist.

I'd say the best course of action is attacking Sue Lowden, never attack Angle or Tarkanian, and in the last few weeks, support the one most likely to beat Lowden.

eproxy100
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Problem with Tarkanian is that he is bad on guns. But both of them are much better than Sue Lowden, so I'll be happy if any of them win.

I'd say the best course of action is attacking Sue Lowden, never attack Angle or Tarkanian, and in the last few weeks, support the one most likely to beat Lowden.

I think it's better to have someone who is anti-gun than someone who is pro-war. A lot of neocons are pro gun and pro war. Another thing about these neocons is that they tend to change stances on issues depending on what their money master has told them. I don't know if Tarkanian is an honest person either though.

Too bad there's no true libertarian candidate there.

low preference guy
05-15-2010, 12:40 AM
I think it's better to have someone who is anti-gun than someone who is pro-war. A lot of neocons are pro gun and pro war. Another thing about these neocons is that they tend to change stances on issues depending on what their money master has told them. I don't know if Tarkanian is an honest person either though.

Too bad there's no true libertarian candidate there.

Maybe, but would attack the pro-war who supports abolishing the dept of education and is right on everything else, knowing that you'll run the risk of getting Lowden elected? And remember you're doing that for someone who is not pro gun and seems to be fine with the Department of Education. From my point of view, it's anyone but Lowden.

eproxy100
05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Maybe, but would attack the pro-war who supports abolishing the dept of education and is right on everything else, knowing that you'll run the risk of getting Lowden elected? And remember you're doing that for someone who is not pro gun and seems to be fine with the Department of Education. From my point of view, it's anyone but Lowden.

I agree with you that Lowden is terrible and it certainly is a top priority to defeat her. Shouldn't we pick one of them though instead of saying either one so that the votes are less likely to be split between the two (Tarkanian and Angle)?

low preference guy
05-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I agree with you that Lowden is terrible and it certainly is a top priority to defeat her. Shouldn't we pick one of them though instead of saying either one so that the votes are less likely to be split between the two (Tarkanian and Angle)?

I think it's better to wait for two weeks before the election and go with the one who is in second place and has the momentum. Hopefully the third candidate can gracefully drop out and endorse the one in second place.

RCA
05-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I thought the thread title was "Sharon Angle gains 20 pounds in a month in NV Senate bid".

On that note, who is Sharon Angle?

DamianTV
05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm torn on the Sue Lowden issue.

On one hand, she intentionally screwed Ron Paul.

On the other hand, she's the only candidate with a viable alternative to government health care :) :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20003163-503544.html

Look at it this way, if she was willing to outright betray the entire Nevada Republican group, what do you think she would do when (if) she gets into office, hold up to her word? By way of comparison, take a look at George W. Bush and some of his speeches prior to him becoming president. His statements were that he was all for smaller government, and sold himself very well. Then we look at George W.'s background, son of George Bush Sr. who went to war with Iraq during his tenure, who was the grandson of Prescott Bush, who precipitated incidents for World Wars. The family is a bunch of Warmongers.

If you sincerely believe that Sue Lowden would be any different, I would only ask that you make up your mind on her actually representing YOUR beliefs.

I want to know more about Sharon Angle, but from a strategic point of view, I think I have to go with her as we know Reid is a snake having voted against the Audit the Fed and Sue Lowden having backstabbed every Republican in the State of Nevada, Sharon Angle being in 3rd place is the strategic choice, mostly because she DOESNT have anywhere the pull that Reid or Lowden has supporting her, which means she should be less of a threat (if she also turns out to be a snake) if we do get her into office.

VegasPatriot
05-15-2010, 07:41 AM
I agree if Angle were to drop out Tark wins, but... Tark represents libertarians? LOL

Tark's campaign manager set up an appointment with Stewart Rhodes in search of Oath Keepers endorsement; the first thing Stewart asked Tark was a question about the 1st Amendment... Tark just stared back with a "deer in the headlights" look... Tark is an attorney and appears to know nothing about the Constitution. Stewart brought with him a pocket Constitution, gave it to Tark and said "first step is to know this..." Tark is an empty suit, he is better than Lowden but he is NOT the liberty candidate.

Angle is the liberty candidate (Bill Parson too, but he has no chance)

Sue Lowden is pure evil. She cost me a seat at the 2008 RNC:mad:

puppetmaster
05-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I agree if Angle were to drop out Tark wins, but... Tark represents libertarians? LOL

Tark's campaign manager set up an appointment with Stewart Rhodes in search of Oath Keepers endorsement; the first thing Stewart asked Tark was a question about the 1st Amendment... Tark just stared back with a "deer in the headlights" look... Tark is an attorney and appears to know nothing about the Constitution. Stewart brought with him a pocket Constitution, gave it to Tark and said "first step is to know this..." Tark is an empty suit, he is better than Lowden but he is NOT the liberty candidate.

Angle is the liberty candidate (Bill Parson too, but he has no chance)

Sue Lowden is pure evil. She cost me a seat at the 2008 RNC:mad:

yep...me also....

here's how it went down from front row...
National Chairwoman comes out from counting district ballots and whispers in Sue Lowdens ear...Sue stares in shock for a moment.....she then gets up runs over and whispers in Bob Beers ear....Bob immediately drops Gavel...game over adjourned...then they ALL run out the back door like the cowards and traitors that they are..

low preference guy
05-15-2010, 08:16 AM
yep...me also....

here's how it went down from front row...
National Chairwoman comes out from counting district ballots and whispers in Sue Lowdens ear...Sue stares in shock for a moment.....she then gets up runs over and whispers in Bob Beers ear....Bob immediately drops Gavel...game over adjourned...then they ALL run out the back door like the cowards and traitors that they are..

disgusting. are you guys going to run attack ads? even if you run them one day, maybe the media will pick up and make a story about the fraud.

teamrican1
05-15-2010, 01:18 PM
The other thing to remember is Angle is the one candidate who actually stands a good chance of not winning the seat in the General election. Scientology is the last remaining socially acceptable prejudice, and her ties to that are going to be poison in the General Election.

My bottom line- I don't really care. There clearly aren't any true liberty candidates running in Nevada and every single one of the three have SERIOUS problems with respect to their stances on the issues, so I think I'm going to concentrate my attention on other states where more support worthy candidates can be found. I feel for Nevada voters, but I'm in the same bind here in Florida with the neocon Rubio sure to win the primary, Crist being even worse, and the Democrats offering a Maxine Waters clone. Ugh.

TCE
05-15-2010, 01:47 PM

I can't remember the last time LPG and I were on the same side of an issue, but here it is. That sounds like a great plan.

The attack ads are also an amazing idea. The harsher, the better so the media picks them up. Throw something in there for sure about her rigging the convention and make her go on the defensive.

KCIndy
05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
The other thing to remember is Angle is the one candidate who actually stands a good chance of not winning the seat in the General election. Scientology is the last remaining socially acceptable prejudice, and her ties to that are going to be poison in the General Election.

Angle is a Scientologist???

:eek:

Imperial
05-15-2010, 02:28 PM

In the real-world you won't be able to abolish the Department of Education. Tark does advocate cuts to it.

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
blimp

The Patriot
05-15-2010, 06:42 PM

My bottom line- I don't really care. There clearly aren't any true liberty candidates running in Nevada and every single one of the three have SERIOUS problems with respect to their stances on the issues, so I think I'm going to concentrate my attention on other states where more support worthy candidates can be found. I feel for Nevada voters, but I'm in the same bind here in Florida with the neocon Rubio sure to win the primary, Crist being even worse, and the Democrats offering a Maxine Waters clone. Ugh.

I am prejudice towards scientologists. They are kooks. That should pretty much settle it, she is a unelectable nutjob.

Pizza God
06-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I am prejudice towards scientologists. They are kooks. That should pretty much settle it, she is a unelectable nutjob.

Will I know several Scientologist, and even thought I would never become one, I do know they mostly supported Liberty Candidates.

The Libertarian running against John Cornyn in Texas was a Scientologist. I voted for her because Cornyn voted for the TARP bail out, I will never vote for him again.

Also, one of the leaders in my area's Ron Paul movement and the Tea Party movement is also a Scientologist. I don't tell people about it because of attitudes like yours. (also, every Scientologist I know voted for Ron Paul in the Primaries and Debra Medina for Governor)

To people involved in the church, it is good for them. There leader is a jerk, but the teachings are good.

So what I am saying is that you may not like the Church, but that does not mean the people involved in the church are bad people. I have found the teachings of L Ron Hubbard to be very Libertarian. (yes, I have read a few books)

On that note, the reason I was looking for the Liberty movements view of Angle

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/06/06/tea-party-favorite-sharron-angle-in-lead-for-gop-senate-nod-in-n/

She is now leading in the polls!!!!!!!!!!

South Park Fan
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM

No more kooky than any other religious group.

Bergie Bergeron
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Being religious is what's kooky IMO.

HOLLYWOOD
06-06-2010, 11:06 AM

The True Liberty Candidate was: MD Robin Titus... not related to that Socialist Congressman Dina Titus. She dropped out due to lack of funding.

Let's make one thing very clear: Danny Tartanian is a Liberal Democrat running under the cloak of a Republican. He has voted, supported, and donated to Democrats. Yes I understand there's some Blue Dogs, that are better that Liberal Neocons, but the ENTIRE TARTANIAN FAMILY are lifetime Democrats. Even Danny's mother is a Democrat in the Las Vegas council/government. All three have supported/donated to Democrats, so don't buy into the populist, "I'll do this and I'll do that" campaign gimmicks.

Angle is the closest to the liberty candidate and has always backed ENDING the IRS and Auditing the FEDERAL RESERVE.

Sharron Angle is backed by the REAL TEA PARTY in Nevada... and it's members are the most Libertarian and Constitutionalists out of any State in the nation.

So all the TEA parties in Nevada support Angle. She's a northern Nevadan, what makes it better than the Carpet-Bagging Socialistic transplants from California that have consumed Clark county (LAS VEGAS)

VOTE and BACK only SHARRON ANGLE.

Screw Sue Lowden... that NEOCON RINO PARTY FIRSTER is going DOWN.

The Only problem we have is the MSM Media is bought by the 2 parties. Reno-Gazette and the Las Vegas Sun constantly support Lowden and Tartanian or marginalize Sharron Angle. (I presume, sending lots of advertising money their way via the Big National Party Duopoly)

Donate to Angle and plug every comment on every piece of Blogisphere for Angle.

Nevada Thanx you all!

majinkoola
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't care who wins as long as it's not Lowden. Harry Reid included. Nobody messes with RP like she did and gets away with it.

0zzy
06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Being religious is what's kooky IMO.

You may think so, but Scientology is a horrid "Church." It's a money scheme cult which has killed people before and uses lawyers to kill anyone's reputation in a heartbeat.

This interview made me really, really not like the "Church" of Scientology. The people are simply pawns, and they make me wonder how ever they got brainwashed into it, but I will not condemn them for simply being apart of this "Church."

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=121