PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs. Hillary

partypooper
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I think that we should not dismiss the idea of 'you republicans should vote for whoever can beat Hillary'. It is the argument that is usually used to support Guiliani but I think we can make a very good use of it (I am sorry if somebody already mentioned this).

I think that Paul would have a very very real chance against Hillary if he makes it through the primary (very unlikely in my opinion, though I hope otherwise). So I think we should insist in making the comparison between Paul and Hillary to recruit Republicans. In fact, I think that no other Republican would have a greater chance to beat Hillary.

Wasbeer
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Guiliani cannot beat Clinton. Guiliani may have more support than the other GOP candidates, but the people who don't like him REALLY don't like him. James Dobson, the focus on the family guy, said he'd support a 3rd party candidate over Guiliani because of the abortion issue. Being pro-war is going to hurt in a general election as well, with something like 70% of the country being against it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/17/AR2007051702134

Matt Collins
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
The primary will be between Thompson and Paul.

If Thompson goes against Hillary, he will lose. If Paul goes up against Hillary, she will lose.

It's that simple.

reaver
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Thompson may poll high in southern states but in NH and Iowa I expect Romney will do very well.