PDA

View Full Version : Adam Carolla on Arizona's Immigration Bill SB1070

Marenco
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
YouTube - Adam Carolla weighs in on Arizona's Immigration Bill SB1070 Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwf70SQRq8Q)

YouTube - Adam Carolla weighs in on Arizona's Immigration Bill SB1070 Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGs5uFru_Aw)

dannno
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
He's not considering the slippery slope and basically says we are living under tyranny anyway so it is ok..

He also seems to assume that every person who sells flowers on the street is an illegal immigrant. If I were an illegal immigrant I'd be scared as shit of going and selling flowers on the street in public, I'd rather pick the flowers.

I'd rather hear Joe Rogan's opinion on this one.

John Taylor
05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
He's not considering the slippery slope and basically says we are living under tyranny anyway so it is ok..

He also seems to assume that every person who sells flowers on the street is an illegal immigrant. If I were an illegal immigrant I'd be scared as shit of going and selling flowers on the street in public, I'd rather pick the flowers.

I'd rather hear Joe Rogan's opinion on this one.

Good, illegal immigrants shouldn't be out on the streets selling flowers, or washing my windshield, they should be back in mother Russia or wherever their country of origin is, not creating a dozen children for me to pay for for 20 years.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Adam is hilarious and I like a lot of his takes, including his atheism, but he has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to government and often discusses issues in mid-stream where it's clear he hasn't thought them through.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Good, illegal immigrants shouldn't be out on the streets selling flowers, or washing my windshield, they should be back in mother Russia or wherever their country of origin is, not creating a dozen children for me to pay for for 20 years.

Well then you are upset with the welfare state, not the people that come here to try to take advantage of it.
If you're not striking the root, there's no point in even thinking about the issue.

dannno
05-13-2010, 06:26 PM
often discusses issues in mid-stream where it's clear he hasn't thought them through.

Ya that's his style and one of the reasons he is so funny........and not a real political commentator

Lord Xar
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
If you're not striking the root, there's no point in even thinking about the issue.

And yet you are posting in this thread.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Ya that's his style and one of the reasons he is so funny........and not a real political commentator

Yep, much like Howard Stern in that way...

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:31 PM
And yet you are posting in this thread.

And I am striking the root. ;)

John Taylor
05-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Well then you are upset with the welfare state, not the people that come here to try to take advantage of it.

It is precisely because we must FIRST stop the welfare/warfare state before allowing hundreds of millions of immigrants from marxist countries to flood into this country that SB1070 is a good law HERE in AZ. Don't tread on AZ.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
It is precisely because we must FIRST stop the welfare/warfare state before allowing hundreds of millions of immigrants from marxist countries to flood into this country that SB1070 is a good law HERE in AZ. Don't tread on AZ.

Sorry I'm a bit ignorant of the law. How does SB1070 help stop or slow down the welfare/warfare state?

John Taylor
05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Sorry I'm a bit ignorant of the law. How does SB1070 help stop or slow down the welfare/warfare state?

It staunches off the flow into AZ of people who overwhelmingly support redistributionist governmental policies. It limits the political power of statists domestically, and enables those dedicated to preserving individual liberty to roll back the state.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
It staunches off the flow into AZ of people who overwhelmingly support redistributionist governmental policies. It limits the political power of statists domestically, and enables those dedicated to preserving individual liberty to roll back the state.

How does it do all that? I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just trying to learn how it would work.

John Taylor
05-13-2010, 06:43 PM
How does it do all that? I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just trying to learn how it would work.

It allows for the removal and repatriation of those in this country illegally under existing law who have a dispurportionately likely chance of supporting, when they and their children are legalized, politicians who advocate for redistribution here.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
It allows for the removal and repatriation of those in this country illegally under existing law who have a dispurportionately likely chance of supporting, when they and their children are legalized, politicians who advocate for redistribution here.

Ok, but isn't this in itself giving more power to politicians and bureaucrats? It's not actually shrinking the welfare/warfare state from what I can see...it's actually expanding government. And when government grows, it almost never goes back. Where am I wrong here?

Stop Making Cents
05-13-2010, 06:52 PM
What i find so disappointing about many of you so-called Constitutionalists is that you ignore the most fundamental duty of our government which was the very basis of our Constitution - repelling foreign invasion and protecting the soveriegnty of our nation.

We have mexican invaders flooding into our nation, hoisting Mexican flags, and openly calling for a revolution against America, yet you so called Constitutionalists whine about how sad it is that they might get stopped by a cop and asked what the hell they're doing here.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
What i find so disappointing about many of you so-called Constitutionalists is that you ignore the most fundamental duty of our government which was the very basis of our Constitution - repelling foreign invasion and protecting the soveriegnty of our nation.

We have mexican invaders flooding into our nation, hoisting Mexican flags, and openly calling for a revolution against America, yet you so called Constitutionalists whine about how sad it is that they might get stopped by a cop and asked what the hell they're doing here.

They wouldn't be here if not for all the welfare benefits. Why would you care who comes in and what flag they hoist if you weren't paying for them?

Let's strike the root here and discuss what the REAL problem is- the income tax and the welfare state, not Mexican people.

Light
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
They wouldn't be here if not for all the welfare benefits. Why would you care who comes in and what flag they hoist if you weren't paying for them?

Let's strike the root here and discuss what the REAL problem is- the income tax and the welfare state, not Mexican people.

The ONLY way the welfare state is ever going away is bankruptcy.

In the real world, it is much more populat to crack down on illegal immigration than to dismantle the welfare state.

dannno
05-13-2010, 07:16 PM
In the real world, it is much more popular to crack down on illegal immigration than to dismantle the welfare state.

That's only because the real world is filled with a bunch of statist propaganda. We're beyond that here.

The Patriot
05-13-2010, 07:22 PM