PDA

View Full Version : Photographer dragged out of TN House for taking pic of collapsed Speaker

Matt Collins
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
State troopers dragged the AP’s Erik Schelzig out of the chamber as he was using his cell phone to take pictures of the collapsed Speaker Williams. Taking pictures isn’t against House rules, but the troopers apparently got a little carried away in the excitement. A few legislators were in Schelzig’s face about it, too. One of them called him “a piece of shit.” “They stormed in with the troopers and everything and dragged him out,”http://www.nashvillescene.com/pitw/archives/2010/05/13/house-speaker-faints-troopers-drag-away-reporter-for-taking-pictures

Matt Collins
05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Here is the pic

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/speakercollapses-300x270.jpg

CasualApathy
05-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, It's sort of an inappropriate thing to do. If I had collapsed on the floor for some reason I wouldn't want people swarming over me with cameras either.

Sometimes I think people take their freedom too far, and I can't really blame people for getting upset.

Matt Collins
05-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, It's sort of an inappropriate thing to do. If I had collapsed on the floor for some reason I wouldn't want people swarming over me with cameras either.

Sometimes I think people take their freedom too far, and I can't really blame people for getting upset.
Was it disrespectful, impolite, and maybe even rude? Possibly.

Was it illegal or disruptive? NO!

RM918
05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Was it disrespectful, impolite, and maybe even rude? Possibly.

Was it illegal or disruptive? NO!

It's obvious representatives tend to care little about rights or duty and far more about people respecting them and their power. Their mindset is more in tune with a street gang than an elected representative.

Inflation
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
One of them called him “a piece of shit.”

Fighting words.

One could reasonably suspect that somebody using such language is about to initiate physical violence, and would be within their rights to quickly disable the offending entity's vital sensory organs.