PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul at 8% in new 2012 GOP poll from PPP

Austin
05-13-2010, 03:23 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/jumble-for-gop.html

The 2012 Republican Presidential field is about as muddled as it could be with Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Sarah Palin all polling within five points of each other in PPP's newest national poll on the race.

Huckabee leads the way, such as it is, with 25%. He's followed by Romney at 23%, Gingrich at 21%, and Palin at 20%. Ron Paul finishes further back with 8%.

Full results here: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_513.pdf

Ron does best with self-described liberals and moderates, with 22% and 11% respectively. Ron only gets 7% among conservatives.

Pennsylvania
05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
idiots

RM918
05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Beats how we were doing in 2006.

I also don't know how the hell Huckabee's been polling so high. What's he been doing other than that show? What would happen if they polled him with Jay Leno?

Brett
05-13-2010, 03:33 PM
We cant let him lose legitimacy by getting crushed in the GOP primary. A majority of the American people will support him if he isn't marginalized from the start.

BlackTerrel
05-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Ron does best with self-described liberals and moderates, with 22% and 11% respectively. Ron only gets 7% among conservatives.

Liberals and moderates in the GOP poll, or liberals and moderates overall?

If it's the latter I wonder if he'd have more success running as a Democrat. We're talking 22% Vs. 7%.

Agorism
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Close to 10% is actually pretty good this time of year.
I bet he'll get a few more points if Rand wins Kentucky.

Fredom101
05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Guys, RP is not going to win in 2012.
But this doesn't mean I'm giving up, quite the contrary.
Let's face it, the end result of 08 was not what we all wanted. He didn't even come close to getting the nomination. But if he can continue to get on the national stage in 2012 and talk about the important issues, and let's say win a few states and have a big impact, this is a HUGE HUGE success.

I just don't think he'll win, and I question if that's even what we want.

Let's say RP wins.

By 2012, this recession is a depression, and it will get worse no matter who is president. After his first year, the mainstream media will want his head on a platter and they'll have everyone convinced that "America made a big mistake" and "See, libertarianism is only good on paper, it's a disaster in real life".

RP would go down as the most hated president ever, even though he would in reality be doing all the right things to bring freedom back.

I say let's be happy with a LOT of media appearances and an improvement over last time.

tangent4ronpaul
05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
There were other recent polls where Huck was trailing the pack with something like 3%... This poll doesn't make a lot of sence when compaired with others.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
But this doesn't mean I'm giving up, quite the contrary.
Let's face it, the end result of 08 was not what we all wanted. He didn't even come close to getting the nomination. But if he can continue to get on the national stage in 2012 and talk about the important issues, and let's say win a few states and have a big impact, this is a HUGE HUGE success.

I just don't think he'll win, and I question if that's even what we want.

Let's say RP wins.

By 2012, this recession is a depression, and it will get worse no matter who is president. After his first year, the mainstream media will want his head on a platter and they'll have everyone convinced that "America made a big mistake" and "See, libertarianism is only good on paper, it's a disaster in real life".

RP would go down as the most hated president ever, even though he would in reality be doing all the right things to bring freedom back.

I say let's be happy with a LOT of media appearances and an improvement over last time.

BLECK! - Run to WIN!

-t

TC95
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM

Look, everyone! We have a prophet on the boards!

Honestly, I don't hold out a lot of hope that RP is actually gonna win in 2012, but I don't think it's an impossibility. However, I do know that there are a lot of sheep out there that believe everything the MSM tells them, so I agree that it may not be likely, but I'm not gonna say it's not gonna happen either.

low preference guy
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Look, everyone! We have a prophet on the boards!

Honestly, I don't hold out a lot of hope that RP is actually gonna win in 2012, but I don't think it's an impossibility. However, I do know that there are a lot of sheep out there that believe everything the MSM tells them, so I agree that it may not be likely, but I'm not gonna say it's not gonna happen either.

The whole thing could start like this....

Ron Paul at 15%, spreading his message and having fun. Everyone will say it's just to keep the fiscal conservatives happy, but he is not going to win. But it's OK to have him.

Then we have extremely high inflation and there is a serious threat of hyperinflation. Some of those old Ron Paul videos warning about the dollar are used to make the point that Ron knows what he is talking about. He pulls the upset of a lifetime and wins the Republican primary...

It's not completely impossible. The part about the inflation and unemployment getting worse by the time of the primaries is actually very likely. Also note that the Judge will have his program in Fox in a month. That will change a lot of minds to a consistent pro-market, anti-tax, anti-war, and anti-fed political philosophy.

ctiger2
05-13-2010, 07:15 PM

Way too soon for this kinda crap. If we have a currency crisis, Ron is in play if he intends to run again.

sofia
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/jumble-for-gop.html

Full results here: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_513.pdf

Ron needs to take a page out of Rand's book and drop the "libertarian" moniker. Conservative drones think libertarianism is liberalism.

Rand is kicking ass because he constantly uses the term "a real conservative"

low preference guy
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Ron needs to take a page out of Rand's book and drop the "libertarian" moniker. Conservative drones think libertarianism is liberalism.

Rand is kicking ass because he constantly uses the term "a real conservative"

Ron can drop it, but there's not a chance in hell the reporters drop it after he ran as a libertarian candidate. They call him now "libertarian Republican". That's as Republican as he is going to get.

sofia
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Ron can drop it, but there's not a chance in hell the reporters drop it after he ran as a libertarian candidate. They call him now "libertarian Republican". That's as Republican as he is going to get.

Good TV ads can change that.....

I hope Ron hires dave Adams....cuz Benton and the rest of those clowns are clueless when it comes to marketing

BlackTerrel
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
The whole thing could start like this....

Ron Paul at 15%, spreading his message and having fun. Everyone will say it's just to keep the fiscal conservatives happy, but he is not going to win. But it's OK to have him.

Then we have extremely high inflation and there is a serious threat of hyperinflation. Some of those old Ron Paul videos warning about the dollar are used to make the point that Ron knows what he is talking about. He pulls the upset of a lifetime and wins the Republican primary...

It's not completely impossible. The part about the inflation and unemployment getting worse by the time of the primaries is actually very likely. Also note that the Judge will have his program in Fox in a month. That will change a lot of minds to a consistent pro-market, anti-tax, anti-war, and anti-fed political philosophy.

I agree. Also keep in mind that between now and 2012 Ron will prove even more correct about both the economy and the wars.

Is he the favorite? Of course not. Does he have a chance? Of course he does.

silentshout
05-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I still think he should run as an independent if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. He could pull people in from both sides much more this time, as well as the many independents.

jmdrake
05-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Look on the upside. This is already better than he average during the 2008 campaign.

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/Ron-Paul.html

And Ron will be impossible for the news to bury this time. It's time to start getting a little more aggressive though. Enough with the "go along to get along" approach. Gingrich and Romney are easy targets. At every tea party event we need to pass out fliers showing Newt Gingrich making an about global warming with Nancy Pelosi and explaining that Romneycare = Obamacare. Sarah Palin is a harder target especially with her endorsement of Rand. (I think that's a big factor in why she made it.) And for those who thought Huckabee was done just because of the "cop killer clemency" incident, all I have to say is....I told you so.

HOLLYWOOD
05-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Good TV ads can change that.....

I hope Ron hires dave Adams....cuz Benton and the rest of those clowns are clueless when it comes to marketing

Ron will need at least $100 Million to get the ball rolling... when you BUY advertising time on MSM channels... they tend to be VERY favorable in press coverage.

Everybody is for SALE in the Dirty Fulthy American world of politics.

PPP usually has some of the most accurate polls... but this one sounds Phishy. OR Rebublicans/Independents remain wilfully ignorant, maybe downright stupid.

jmdrake
05-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Ron will need at least $100 Million to get the ball rolling... when you BUY advertising time on MSM channels... they tend to be VERY favorable in press coverage.

Everybody is for SALE in the Dirty Fulthy American world of politics.

PPP usually has some of the most accurate polls... but this one sounds Phishy. OR Rebublicans/Independents remain wilfully ignorant, maybe downright stupid.

Yeah. We need to prepare for a massive moneybomb in 2011. Say if everyone that voted for Paul bought $100 in gold and held it for a year?