PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul signs under attack

TruthisTreason
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100513/NEWS010703/5140335/Campbell+campaign+signs+stolen

ALEXANDRIA - Police say two young women stole more than 30 political campaign signs from yards in the Alexandria area this week.

No criminal charges have been filed against Brittany S. Schneider, 19, of Butler, and Cesley R. Miller, 20, of Alexandria, and neither was arrested.

They are not believed to be affiliated with any candidate or campaign.

"They were just playing a prank on a friend - they were taking the signs and dumping them into a friend's yard," said Alexandria Police spokesman Lt. George Schreiner.

They were caught after Miller posted pictures of the stolen yard signs on her Facebook account, according to the incident report.

Alexandria Republican Kevin Sell, who's running in Tuesday's judge-executive primary, said he was tipped off to the Facebook page and notified police on Tuesday.

"You just don't want that kind of conduct in a campaign," Sell said.

After police questioned Miller, she recovered the signs and turned them in, and they have been returned to the campaigns.

Seven candidates in Tuesday's election were affected: Sell, GOP U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul, GOP County Commissioner candidate Mike Combs, GOP Circuit Court Clerk candidate Taunya Nolan Jack, and nonpartisan Campbell Family Court candidates Gayle Hoffman, Rick Woeste and Jim Kidney.

bucfish
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Find Mommy and lock her up!

amisspelledword
05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
haha, those Tanya Nolan Jack sings are horrrrible

there are Rand Paul signs in like almost every yard and business in Campbell County

Cowlesy
05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
lol...

kids...

TruthisTreason
05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
lol...

kids...

I think kids were responsible for taking down the only Grayson sign in my county as well.

Matt Collins
05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I think kids were responsible for taking down the only Grayson sign in my county as well.
Equal opportunity pranksters :p

Thargok
05-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I had 2-5 Rand signs taken unlawfully from around town. I never removed a Grayson sign as that would be unlawful, however some Rand signs may have obstructed ones view of Grayson's signs. :D:p

BamaFanNKy
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I've had people steal my rand signs. They told me though and put them in their own yards. I'm cool with that.

keh10
05-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I've had people steal my rand signs. They told me though and put them in their own yards. I'm cool with that.

lol +1

By the way, if any more kids are looking for yard signs, I hear the Grayson ones make excellent sleds.

BamaFanNKy
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
lol +1

By the way, if any more kids are looking for yard signs, I hear the Grayson ones make excellent sleds.

too hard to find.

Agorism
05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
A new a mommy joke was coming when I saw this thread lol. Maybe "Margie" is doing it too.

angelatc
05-13-2010, 05:58 PM
We were in Louisville last weekend, and I only saw 1 Rand Paul sign. I saw 3 Grayson signs, including 1 that is a big electronic billboard, just over the Ohio border.

Aratus
05-14-2010, 10:02 AM
O! tempores, O! mores!
the young who are youtful!
O! tempores... O! mores!