PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] ~ New US Military Medal For Not Killing Civilians

Reason
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
YouTube - Award For Soldiers Who DON'T Kill Civilians! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Ee0zFJbh0)

Vessol
05-13-2010, 11:58 AM
It takes great restraint not to pop a bullet in a few woman and children?

Aren't medals supposed to be handed out for rare acts of excellence? I'd expect civilians not being targeted to just be the norm.

So instead of actually fixing their operational problems that kill civilians, they just give medals out. Medals aren't required, they're just a shiny piece of metal that you get to brag about.

LibertarianfromGermany
05-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I think we should just give a medal to every non-murderer alive.

RM918
05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Sounds like an XBOX achievement.

You didn't kill any civilians! 25 points!

JCF
05-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I think it's more about aggression, many will go into a fire fight not worrying about civilians, this will be awarded to those who take the time and put their lives at greater risk to avoid killing civilians and being more aware of their surroundings... The ROE is already pretty restricting, but doesn't work all the time and this just encourages the use of it.

While the military during a time of war is certainly a great place for sociopaths, the vast majority do not take pleasure in killing civilians; but I don't think many that go into the military care about medals or accolades, so this may not do much.

---

Good idea? I don't see it hurting, but I don't think someone should be awarded for NOT killing civilians, even if it puts their life at risk... That's the job.

TonySutton
05-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Medals are an after thought for the vast majority of people serving. Their primary thought is to accomplish their daily tasks and get home safe.