PDA

View Full Version : A 16% lead can disappear overnight.

skyorbit
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Now, is the time to work twice as hard.

Let's get Rand his $3 Million so he can saturate the air-waves over the weekend.

Perhaps he might want to hire some paid phone-bankers too, if he needs more help then what the volunteers can offer.

If Grayson has a good machine in the whole state, that can eat up a 16 point lead pretty quickly. We need to make sure our machine is well funded and active too.

Tracy

Thargok
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Now, is the time to work twice as hard.

Let's get Rand his $3 Million so he can saturate the air-waves over the weekend.

Perhaps he might want to hire some paid phone-bankers too, if he needs more help then what the volunteers can offer.

If Grayson has a good machine in the whole state, that can eat up a 16 point lead pretty quickly. We need to make sure our machine is well funded and active too.

Tracy

While this is a good mentality to have, it is looking like the only way Rand could lose at this point is to publicly support Obama... oh wait Grayson already did that.

low preference guy
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
nonsense.

the thread title is unnecessarily alarmist . people know the campaign and volunteers need to ensure to get out the vote, but entering panic mode is unnecessary and probably counterproductive.

klamath
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
My candidate will win I don't need to take the effort to vote is what can do Rand in. Thirty years ago I learned that lesson real well when I didn't vote for my candidate. She lost by one vote. 16 years later she forgave me and married me.

skyorbit
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I watched it happen in a local mayoral race here in Sioux Falls. Don't tell me it can't happen.

Read the sordid details here. http://www.notmymanmike.com/

I just sent Rand another $80.

Tracy

BamaFanNKy
05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
It's not about ads now. It's all about the campaigns get out the vote effort and make sure the vote buying in the 5th doesn't happen. They just had a bust down there if I am not mistaken.

low preference guy
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I watched it happen in a local mayoral race here in Sioux Falls. Don't tell me it can't happen.

Read the sordid details here. http://www.notmymanmike.com/

I just sent Rand another $80.

Tracy

people make mistakes more easily when they are desperate. this is what this thread title accomplishes. there are better ways to remind people that the job is not over without driving them to panic mode using outrageous alarmist statements. also, you published the same defeatist statement about 20 times now. it's getting annoying.

skyorbit
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, this is the first time somebody's actually listened, so maybe that's why.

Tracy

DeadheadForPaul
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
While we do need to stay on the ball, let's not freak out and do something dumb

skyorbit
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
understandable.

RyanRSheets
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
We just need to remain calm, keep up the pace, and actually show up to vote at this point. All polls show us leading by a comfortable margin, but complacency could kill us. On Wednesday of next week, we need to be focusing on ensuring the establishment gets behind Rand, because the general isn't going to just be handed to us.

TCE
05-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Rand needs 50%+1 to be comfortable, he has yet to reach that. I'm not a fan of the "campaign like you're 10 points down" at this point, but it should be "campaign like Grayson is getting all of the undecideds."

Promontorium
05-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I want to digitally tar and feather the nay sayers who've been pissing and moaning about this entire campaign.

Where will they be when Rand wins?

TCE
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I want to digitally tar and feather the nay sayers who've been pissing and moaning about this entire campaign.

Where will they be when Rand wins?

Are you talking about those of us who keep saying "don't get comfortable until he wins" or those who said he couldn't win?

Shotdown1027
05-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Rand needs 50%+1 to be comfortable, he has yet to reach that. I'm not a fan of the "campaign like you're 10 points down" at this point, but it should be "campaign like Grayson is getting all of the undecideds."

According to the last poll--if Grayson got ALL of the undecideds, he'd still only score 44% to Rand's 49%.

paulitics
05-13-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm concerned about those who are polled won't show up, or are actually not registered to vote republican. The deadline to register republican was months ago. How many people that are polled are not realizing this? Are these polls factoring this in?

aclove
05-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Well, remember where they're getting their sampling from. Most of these polling firms, at least the respectable ones, select "likely Republican voters" based on PAST voting record. And since this is a primary poll, they're selecting people who have PREVIOUSLY voted in Kentucky Republican primaries. You CAN'T have voted in those primaries and not ALREADY be registered Republican.

skyorbit
05-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I've never been a naysayer in this campaign. I even ran my own RAnd Paul blog for awhile in the beginning. Not sure who you're referring too.

Tracy

Suzu
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
RP's large margin can "disappear overnight" through Greyson's black box voting system.

angelatc
05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I think you guys are proving Skyorbit's point. This election isn't over until it's over. That's not fear-mongering, it's truth.

klamath
05-13-2010, 09:17 AM
How much was Obama ahead of Hilary in NH acording to the polls? Don't get fearful but don't get complacent and think it is in the bag.

jmdrake
05-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Well I volunteered. And I may get flamed for saying this, but I hope if they don't get enough volunteers they'll consider robo-calls at least for the GOTV. After all, I can't imagine an identified Rand support getting upset for receiving an auto-reminder to go to the polls. Then again...I have seen people get unhinged for no good reason in particular.

Matt Collins
05-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I have seen people get unhinged for no good reason in particular.I think I know who you might be talking about ;):p:cool:

specsaregood
05-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm concerned about those who are polled won't show up, or are actually not registered to vote republican. The deadline to register republican was months ago. How many people that are polled are not realizing this? Are these polls factoring this in?

Sure that is the meme they are trying to push. But look at the groups Rand is leading by huge margins in, they are of the "very conservative" and "60+", "gun owners" groups. Those groups are likely to be registered Republican. It isn't like all his support is coming from college age kids or even "liberal republicans".