PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the FDA, companies can't afford to make the US antivenom. Don't get bit!

tnvoter
05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/snakebites-about-to-get-more-deadly?src=syn&dom=yah_buzz&mag=pop&ha=1&kw=ist

tnvoter
05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
"New scorpion and black widow antivenoms are currently in the pipeline, thanks to efforts by several poison-control associations to speed foreign drugs into the market through FDA research programs. There is also a coral snake antivenom produced by Mexican drug manufacturer Instituto Bioclon that researchers believe could be even more effective and safe than the outgoing Wyeth product. But that drug, Coralmyn, is not currently licensed for sale by the FDA. The tests required for licensing would cost millions of dollars, and for such a rare treatment (there are 15 times as many scorpion stings per year as coral snake bites), it could take decades for Bioclon to make its money back. "

catdd
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Mostly we have rattlers and brown recluse spiders in Tn.

sevin
05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
God damn I wish this were a free country. :mad:

rancher89
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
You know this has gotten beyond the pale.

We knew it was going to be really bad when the strings started to get tightened down...but life saving anti-venom?

"uh, sir, can you prove to me that you have insurance? Uh, well, uhm, we'll have to see if Ocare will take care of the charges...please wait here while we check on that."

Sorry, went into south park mode....sigh

Working Poor
05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
get some "Miracle II Neutralizer Gel" for your first aid kit I guarantee it will be as good as anti venom.

I have personally seen it heal many poisonous bites no first aid kit should be without it!!!

Linus
05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
How about requiring a prescription (with the requisite yearly exam and extra $$$) for contact lenses? Talk about BS. What am I, gonna overdose on contact lenses?

Uriel999
05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
How about requiring a prescription (with the requisite yearly exam and extra $$$) for contact lenses? Talk about BS. What am I, gonna overdose on contact lenses?

amen. Its a scam.

BuddyRey
05-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Is this for real?

Dang, we're becoming a third-world society, aren't we?

WaltM
05-12-2010, 11:29 PM
why not blame drug companies for refusing to waste money? they put money before human lives, shame on them!

WaltM
05-12-2010, 11:30 PM
get some "Miracle II Neutralizer Gel" for your first aid kit I guarantee it will be as good as anti venom.

I have personally seen it heal many poisonous bites no first aid kit should be without it!!!

do you volunteer to be the white rat?

Working Poor
05-13-2010, 02:43 AM
do you volunteer to be the white rat?

I have personally been bitten by both recluse and black widow spiders and used MII on it. My husband went out of town once and came back with a terrible bite that look like a recluse bite to me I took pictures of it but I lost it in a computer crash it was horrible and we put the stuff on the bite and in less than a week it was completely healed up. I have also gone to the hospital and put it on several people who were about to loose a arm, leg, foot or, hand. I know people who handle snakes that always keep a bottle of it. I have a friend that also goes to anyone she hears about getting a bite and puts MII on it.

Between my friend and I we have put it on hundreds of people who have recluse and black widow bites many of them were feared near death. I would stake my life on the stuff. Even doctors marvel at how it works. Of course a lot more money can be made if off the patient if they go t a hospital and get antibiotics that do not work and surgery that does not stop the necropsy. In my area me and my friend are known for the spider bite cure.

I wold rather go to a witch doctor than to a hospital in most cases. Hospitals are only good for trauma cases in my opinion.:cool:

Working Poor
05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Here is some info on miracle II

http://www.miracle2miracles.com/applications.htm

EndDaFed
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Here is some info on miracle II

http://www.miracle2miracles.com/applications.htm

It's cute when a scam artist hocks a product for minor things that are not life threatening. But to make claims of curing AIDS and cancer takes a real kind of scum bag.

Here is consumer tip. Whenever you see the following disclaimer below back away and don't buy anything from the salesmen hiding behind this loophole.

Disclaimer: The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by NHC or the United States Food and Drug Administrationand are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. If you are currently under the care of a physician for any medical problem make sure to consult them before usage.

Working Poor
05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
So if you think being approved by the FDA means something go for it. Any natural product is not allowed to make a health claim with out a disclaimer. I do not want any medicine myself that is approved by the FDA.

I have seen people with their whole arm or leg be completely black and doctors saying the limb needed to be amputated from a recluse bite and put the miracle II on it and the people get well and not loose their limb.

You don't have to believe it.

M House
05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I saw a animal planet special where they had to smuggle anti-venom into the country, thru of all places Mexico. It's pretty sad when you have to do that for something, you kinda want to be quickly available no questions asked.