PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown didn't want to audit the fed because congress can't manage money

muzzled dogg
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Scott Brown supported the Sanders amendment over the Vitter amendment, because I do not believe politicians should be involved in decisions about currency and monetary policy. This can seriously undermine consumer and investor confidence. Since Congress can’t even manage to make good fiscal policy decisions – as evidenced by our r...ecord levels of debt – it should not be expected to manage monetary policy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Brown/178795233167?v=wall&story_fbid=126275540719632

Linus
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, the point is that nobody in Congress would have any clue how to "audit" the records of something like the Federal Reserve, nor whether someone else is doing it correctly. That's the whole reason Congress abdicated their duty and let the termites in to begin with, because running an honest treasury and money supply for a large nation is probably incredibly difficult.

ARealConservative
05-12-2010, 05:27 PM
so the idiot thinks an actual audit amounts to managing monetary policy.

BS.

he is a pawn. he knows what he said is complete garbage.

Aratus
05-12-2010, 05:33 PM
i want to run against him in the g.o.p primary in 2012... i do think i have a chance...

Linus
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
so the idiot thinks an actual audit amounts to managing monetary policy.

Well, I'm not speaking on their behalf. I'm not sure if the current members of Congress and Senate could spell "monetary policy," let alone administer it.

silus
05-12-2010, 06:35 PM
But darnit he has a nice truck.

nobody's_hero
05-13-2010, 03:17 AM
He voted against an audit because he won his race, thanks to some very delusional supporters. If we had ruined the Federal Reserve's credibility, we'd have cut the snake's head off and the healthcare & welfare/warfare state would be dead.

I'm not surprised, but if Scott honestly believes what he wrote, he'd better never say a word to Bernanke or take part in any voting to appoint Fed chairmen. I'm tired of them having it both ways. The Fed is either private-and-independent or public-and-managed, but for God's sake, I wish they'd make up their minds.

WaltM
05-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Scott Brown supported the Sanders amendment over the Vitter amendment, because I do not believe politicians should be involved in decisions about currency and monetary policy. This can seriously undermine consumer and investor confidence. Since Congress can’t even manage to make good fiscal policy decisions – as evidenced by our r...ecord levels of debt – it should not be expected to manage monetary policy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Brown/178795233167?v=wall&story_fbid=126275540719632

he is right.

if the Fed were managed by Congress, things can be about as bad (I'm trying not to say, much worse).

Don't give me that "let the market decide" crap, what has the market given us? Health care? Cheap labor? More jobs? Protection of American workers? Credit cards?

WaltM
05-13-2010, 03:25 AM
He voted against an audit because he won his race, thanks to some very delusional supporters.

hey, don't diss the Majority of Americans, we need them!

angelatc
05-13-2010, 05:23 AM
It is their job. If they can't do it, they shouldn't be in that job.

amy31416
05-13-2010, 05:30 AM
It is their job. If they can't do it, they shouldn't be in that job.

Yet another reason that almost every last one of them should be fired.