PDA

View Full Version : Mike Church Show moving to XM Radio - 6-9am Morning Drive slot

Cowlesy
05-12-2010, 11:13 AM
So Mike Church (one of the best talk-radio show hosts out there) is moving from his 9am-12pm Sirius Patriot #144 slot.

Sirius Patriot #144 and XM America Right #166 are combining into one channel, "Sirius/XM Patriot #166."

Bill Bennett is out. Mike Church will be taking his morning drive slot from 6am-9am, and gains the XM Audience. Bennett is going to podcast-only, as is Laura Ingram, for Satellite Radio.

Glenn Beck has signed with Sirius/XM, and will assume Mike's former 9am-12pm slot. Andrew Wilkow will remain in the 12pm-3pm slot.

Cowlesy
05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Mike's statement on the move.

http://www.mikechurch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4571:kingdude-is-live-on-xm-now-too-finally&catid=982:todays-lead-story&Itemid=300062

To all my wonderful listeners and fans,
SO the big news is out! The Mike Church Show finally will be broadcast LIVE from 6-9am East Coast every weekday morning on the new Sirius/XM Patriot chs. (144&166). Many of you have questions, many of you are upset at the channels lineup change and many are appropriately happy for us. For the record here is a brief statement on the moves:

I was never consulted on changing my time slot, nor did I request it nor was I consulted on bringing Glen Beck on board the Patriot lineup, so take it up with Sirius-XM management. In general though it is viewed as a GOOD thing to host morning drive (see Stern, Imus, MadCow, Walton & Johnson and hundreds of others) so I view this as a promotion and it finally gets the MCS live on XM & Sirius. Sirius is also offering 9 hours of Mike Church Show replays as well on the Sirius-XM Patriot stream & app and the new Patriot Plus stream and app. I view this as a tremendous opportunity as there are currently no shows that remotely resemble mine that are in morning drive and I plan to conquer that territory with the Founders and the Beer Party Nation at my side. See you next Monday at 6 am!

Mike Church

angelatc
05-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Having the morning drive time slot is one of the ultimate gigs in radio, I believe. The evening drive being another...good for him!

Cowlesy
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Having the morning drive time slot is one of the ultimate gigs in radio, I believe. The evening drive being another...good for him!

Yeah, I guess it is good. I am kind of bummed because it worked out good when he was 9am-12pm as I have it on in the background of my office, but exposure of his show to more people is ultimately good for our political viewpoint.

For those who've never heard of him, Mike Church often has Ron Paul on, guys like Jack Hunter, Thomas Woods etc.

He is hands-down the best Conservative talk-radio show host on Satellite Radio.

Stary Hickory
05-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Good I cannot stand that Neocon Bennet. Oh my god I cannot stand him. And usually I only get to listen to that moron. He actually had a commerical about "great americans" like Petraeus and Dick Cheney. Made me want to gag.

Cowlesy
05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Good I cannot stand that Neocon Bennet. Oh my god I cannot stand him. And usually I only get to listen to that moron. He actually had a commerical about "great americans" like Petraeus and Dick Cheney. Made me want to gag.

I've heard that commercial, and he says something like "Well you know some folks will trade-off some liberty for the security the government provides" --- like it was a good thing and a smart trade!

Matt Collins
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
He is hands-down the best Conservative talk-radio show host on Satellite Radio.Being on satellite radio has nothing to do with it. He's the best conservative talk radio host out there! :)

Southron
05-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I guess this means he can't criticize Beck anymore.

Matt Collins
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Are they doing a replay, or will Beck be live?

Matt Collins
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess this means he can't criticize Beck anymore.
Depends. He probably will still be able to, unless Beck has just been hired by Sirius.

That's the question, have they hired Beck, or are they just carrying his show? :confused:

BuddyRey
05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Jack Hunter's still gonna have a show, right?

Cowlesy
05-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Motley Fool on Sirius/XM carrying Glenn Beck's show.

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2010/05/12/sirius-xm-signs-up-beck.aspx

Cowlesy
05-17-2010, 05:59 AM
So far it's been a great show, and I am theorizing Sirius Stock (SIRI) having a big move to the upside this morning is that floods of new listeners from Mike's expanded audience are experiencing KingDude greatness for the first time.

Cowlesy
05-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Church is preaching non-intervention right now!

Stary Hickory
05-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah I heard this for a bit, talking about ending the FED so that people actually have to pay DIRECTLY for the cost of wars and welfare. This is the only hoesnt way to do it, AND we avoid economic catastrophes without the FED.

Thrashertm
05-19-2010, 06:35 AM
This is great news. I loathe Bill "fatass neocon shitbag" Bennett, and I was usually listening to leftist hack Bill Press, who at least has the integrity to criticize Obama occasionally for his militarism and assaults on civil liberties. Bennett just carries water for the GOP/Neocon establishment.

Now we get to listen to Mike Church from 6-9 and then flip over to listen to Judge Napolitano on Fox from 9-12. Before I had to change between the channels constantly to hear the best bits.

Matt Collins
05-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I heard his show on Tuesday morning as I was driving around KY before the crack of dawn. He slammed the Foxneocons pretty hard for dissing Rand the previous night.