PDA

View Full Version : WV-1: McKinley wins GOP primary

Nathan Hale
05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.mckinley2010.com/index.php/theissues

Good candidate, though he's in a Safe Dem district. Opportunity exists, however, as the incumbent just got primaried, so the electorate will be in a tizzy.

Nathan Hale
05-11-2010, 09:45 PM
The WV-3 race ended with a RINO out on top. Eww.

Imperial
05-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Who is this guy? SSP has billed him as the 'establishment' candidate (mind you, SSP is run by progressives) among the Republicans. I noticed his issue page is pro-state sovereignty and excludes any mention of national security.

Nathan Hale
05-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Who is this guy? SSP has billed him as the 'establishment' candidate (mind you, SSP is run by progressives) among the Republicans. I noticed his issue page is pro-state sovereignty and excludes any mention of national security.

I have no idea who he is, I was just going over the politico primary map for yesterday's primaries, checking the winners in each race, and there he was.

But yeah, nice issues page, right?

Aratus
05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
wheeling W.Va is very near ohio... and i pensively wonder if david mckinley
a near or distant kinsman of potus william mckinley? he may be solidly g.o.p!

Nathan Hale
05-12-2010, 12:12 PM
wheeling W.Va is very near ohio... and i pensively wonder if david mckinley
a near or distant kinsman of potus william mckinley? he may be solidly g.o.p!

Well, he's in a sacrificial lamb district, but I'd support him!

Aratus
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
has he any g.o.p ambitions concerning robert byrd's or jay rockefeller's senate seats?

Aratus
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
some of robert byrd's old remarks are the fodder for some media talking heads...
discretely, politely, if we can find an honest man, a modern diogenes who is very
new to the polarized political climate of d.c and run him for the senate, could we
have a candidate who takes off the way rand paul or scott brown has if we are not
too doctrinaire? i am sorta thinking this through as to how to find someone in W.Va...

Aratus
06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
W.Va's 92 year old senior senator has felt the summer heat.
If he steps down in the next six months to a year or two, will
we perhaps think of running a guy like W.V-1's david mckinley?

libertybrewcity
06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Receipts $453,986
Individual $194,486
PAC $9,500
Party $0
Candidate $250,000
Other

seems to have some money too.

Aratus
06-27-2010, 02:17 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races mitch mcconnell didst do up a fundraiser for rand. rand has taken heat
for this in the press. senator byrd once again is rather ill, but he could soon again be hale and hearty. if things don't go
as well as i think they will, despite boehner's being so helpful, mckinley can say he's http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/105327-west-virginia-dems-hit-mckinley-over-boehner-fundraiser. a bona fide cloth coat IKE era Republican taking on the DNC's very local main man. if senator byrd steps down, this could toss everything into a rarified realm if there has to be a special election... hense mr. david mckinley!

libertybrewcity
06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
goodbye byrd, im surprised that guy is still in office. wth!

Aratus
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
mr. burgess and mr. mckinley are now on our senate short list, given that with
senator robert byrd's passing... there may be a november senate election? from
what i have been able to gather... there may be an interum senator for a tyme.