PDA

View Full Version : a census worker just tracked me down!!

SooperDave
05-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I submitted my form with only the # of householders, all other fields left blank. the temporary census workers have been stopping by - at a rate of $19/hour - but did so when I was at work. they left a few notes behind.

anyway, another one just showed up and rang the doorbell, so I went out to the porch to speak with him. I was polite and told him that my interpretation of the constitution was that the fed gov't has the right to do an enumeration only and that any of the additional info regarding race, income, etc., was voluntary.

he said that I was required by law to respond.

I told him that I understood what the law was but that the constitution - in my opinion - supercedes any law. I said that all the gov't does by asking those intrusive questions is further divide us along racial and economic lines. then I asked him if he's received any other resistance.

he said only a few here and there but that he hadn't heard anyone explain it quite the way that I did. he said he appreciated the explanation and respected my opinion. he went on to say that I was right, that the only thing I'm required to provide was the # of household members - but that he's not supposed to tell anyone that. he also said a refusal shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

I shook his hand and wished him good luck before he left. he was a nice kid - probably making the highest wage he ever has - and seemed a little nervous at first. hopefully his boss doesn't follow up next.

tremendoustie
05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I submitted my form with only the # of householders, all other fields left blank. the temporary census workers have been stopping by - at a rate of $19/hour - but did so when I was at work. they left a few notes behind.

anyway, another one just showed up and rang the doorbell, so I went out to the porch to speak with him. I was polite and told him that my interpretation of the constitution was that the fed gov't has the right to do an enumeration only and that any of the additional info regarding race, income, etc., was voluntary.

he said that I was required by law to respond.

I told him that I understood what the law was but that the constitution - in my opinion - supercedes any law. I said that all the gov't does by asking those intrusive questions is further divide us along racial and economic lines. then I asked him if he's received any other resistance.

he said only a few here and there but that he hadn't heard anyone explain it quite the way that I did. he said he appreciated the explanation and respected my opinion. he went on to say that I was right, that the only thing I'm required to provide was the # of household members - but that he's not supposed to tell anyone that. he also said a refusal shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

I shook his hand and wished him good luck before he left. he was a nice kid - probably making the highest wage he ever has - and seemed a little nervous at first. hopefully his boss doesn't follow up next.

Good story :)

I haven't gotten anything yet, not even a note.

A Son of Liberty
05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I hadn't filled mine out, hoping that I'd just slip through the cracks. One of the jackboots (in principle, if not in practice) stopped by the other day. She asked me if I could spare 10 minutes to answer a few questions. Lovely of her to ask, and give me the opportunity to tell her no. ;) I asked if she could stop by some other time, as I was unable to free myself at the moment. She asked when it would be convenient, and I replied - honestly - within an hour during which I wouldn't be unlikely to be home. :)

Edit: D'oh! I meant an hour during which I WOULD be unlikely to be home.

tremendoustie
05-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I hadn't filled mine out, hoping that I'd just slip through the cracks. One of the jackboots (in principle, if not in practice) stopped by the other day. She asked me if I could spare 10 minutes to answer a few questions. Lovely of her to ask, and give me the opportunity to tell her no. ;) I asked if she could stop by some other time, as I was unable to free myself at the moment. She asked when it would be convenient, and I replied - honestly - within an hour during which I wouldn't be unlikely to be home. :)

Lol -- I suppose that would be most convenient.

White Knight
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I would have told him to get lost. He may be innocent and naive, but when you work for the stormtroopers, I'm not gonna befriend you.

tremendoustie
05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I would have told him to get lost. He may be innocent and naive, but when you work for the stormtroopers, I'm not gonna befriend you.

I think it'd be better to patiently explain why the process is immoral. Show him that it's based on threats.

Just being cranky doesn't help anything.

Chieppa1
05-11-2010, 06:20 PM

The most powerful allies for our movement are those ex-CIA, ex-FBI, ex-IRS, ex-government workers that start speaking the truth.. It gives us sources to back up our claims. Converting by education works.

SooperDave
05-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I think it's smarter to convert someone than just create more tension

tangent4ronpaul
Shovel - back yard.... Good fertilizer for the garden...

-t

A Son of Liberty
I think it'd be better to patiently explain why the process is immoral. Show him that it's based on threats.

Just being cranky doesn't help anything.

Agreed. But sometimes it just gets tiring, explaining basic principles to people.

I mean, how hard is this stuff? :)

A Son of Liberty
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Shovel - back yard....

-t

:lol:

I mean, "that's awful". ;)

Linus
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
It's nice to live in a secure building. I enjoyed throwing my census form in the trash.

Imaginos
05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I think it's smarter to convert someone than just create more tension
Agree.
I would avoid confrontation but try my best to convert him to our side of thinking.

pcosmar
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
I explained the same to the one that came by here.

I started the conversation with " I am quite aware of the Constitutional requirements"

I got no further argument. ;)

Chieppa1
05-11-2010, 06:30 PM

I started the conversation with " I am quite aware of the Constitutional requirements"

My "Legalize the Constitution" bumper sticker gives me an upper hand with cops before they even pull me over. :)

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2010, 06:33 PM

Here, I think I would have started (and ENDED) the conversation w/ racking the riot gun....

But then again, I don't answer the phone or door unless I'm expecting someone.

Anyone showing up at those times that is not expected can expect FREE air conditioning installed in their body!

-t

torchbearer
05-11-2010, 06:35 PM

-t

i'm thinking about adopting this policy. everytime i've answered the door for someone i wasn't expecting it has been a negative experience.

pcosmar
05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Here, I think I would have started (and ENDED) the conversation w/ racking the riot gun....

Anyone showing up at those times that is not expected can expect FREE air conditioning installed in their body!

-t

:D
No Riot gun, I am actually fairly pleasant IRL.
And no knock at the door. I am aware of any approach to my home.
I met her as she got out of her car. ;)

low preference guy
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
damn. someone knocked my door and i just opened it without verifying. it was a census worker. unfortunately, i caved in and gave him some information, except for the two questions about race and ethnicity, which i said i won't answer. he didn't mind. i was caught off-guard, please don't make the same mistake.

Chieppa1
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
They hate when your calm and welcoming . It makes it harder for them to make you sound like a domestic, right-wing, extremist, terrorist.

Linus
05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Two words: Electrified Doorknockers.

RyanRSheets
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I live in a secured building, so if they can manage to make it in here, I'll just tell them I've been busy and there's 2 people living here.

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
They hate when your calm and welcoming . It makes it harder for them to make you sound like a domestic, right-wing, extremist, terrorist.

Brother - Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?... ;)

-t

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2010, 07:38 PM
One place I was living, we had a 12-14 foot boa - wrap him around your solders when you answer your door and he's a GREAT Jehovah's Witness repeller! ;)

-t

speciallyblend
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
One place I was living, we had a 12-14 foot boa - wrap him around your solders when you answer your door and he's a GREAT Jehovah's Witness repeller! ;)

-t

haha that is a good one! of course if i answer the door . i will just make sure i let loose a huge bong hit and smoke them out as i open the door;) and scream fire!!

CAKochenash
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
"I don't understand the law and how it applies to me. Could you please explain?"

They will hand you a marketing pamphlet.

"This marketing pamphlet is not assisting my attempt to understand your legal request and the laws which require me to comply."

You must legally respond or we will fine you $200.

"You will fine who?"

You.

"You don't even know my name, how will you fine me?"

What is your name?

"What law requires me to give you my name? I thought the census was anonymous..."

At this point, you'll either get a "Have a good day." or some BS reason as to why you need to give them you name. If that is the case, ask for legal clarification.

Come on guys, we are talking about census workers vs patriots. If you can't shake off a census employee, we just may be in more trouble than I thought.

Matt Collins
05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
he went on to say that I was right, that the only thing I'm required to provide was the # of household members - but that he's not supposed to tell anyone that. he also said a refusal shouldn't raise any eyebrows.Dear God someone PLEASE get this on video next time!!!!!

lx43
05-11-2010, 09:14 PM

-t

lol Reminds me of the time I had 2 lovely Jehovah's witness come to my door. I mean gorgous ladies, I let them go through their entire sales pitch about converting me. I finally interrupted them and said "ladies......You have convenienced me to join you, but I have to ask you to do something for me". They where like anything just tell us what you need us to do. I gave a devilish grin "I want you both to have a menage a trois with me." Their reaction was priceless, they both got up and stormed out of the house. lol

To bad though; I would have been their biggest supporter had they done that. lol

speciallyblend
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
lol Reminds me of the time I had 2 lovely Jehovah's witness come to my door. I mean gorgous ladies, I let them go through their entire sales pitch about converting me. I finally interrupted them and said "ladies......You have convenienced me to join you, but I have to ask you to do something for me". They where like anything just tell us what you need us to do. I gave a devilish grin "I want you both to have a menage a trois with me." Their reaction was priceless, they both got up and stormed out to the house. lol

To bad though; I would have been their biggest supporter had they done that. lol

i love it:) classic, if you had a you tube of that:) ooo well that would of made tosh 2.0:)

on that note i am djing the diamond cabaret friday aftehours:) dancing stirpping women:) WOOO HOOOO hopefully i will have pics:)

Kylie
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
WOOO HOOOO hopefully i will have pics:)

Pics, or it didn't happen.

:D

V4Vendetta
05-11-2010, 09:48 PM

You never know who you can enlighten and convert

Danke
05-11-2010, 09:58 PM
"I don't understand the law and how it applies to me. Could you please explain?"

They will hand you a marketing pamphlet.

"This marketing pamphlet is not assisting my attempt to understand your legal request and the laws which require me to comply."

You must legally respond or we will fine you $200.

"You will fine who?"

You.

"You don't even know my name, how will you fine me?"

What is your name?

"What law requires me to give you my name? I thought the census was anonymous..."

At this point, you'll either get a "Have a good day." or some BS reason as to why you need to give them you name. If that is the case, ask for legal clarification.

Come on guys, we are talking about census workers vs patriots. If you can't shake off a census employee, we just may be in more trouble than I thought.

This.

If someone want answers out of me, it will cost them. $50,000 per answer is my current rate.

Census form and notices have already been delivered to the garbage pit by now.