PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ron Paul associate with Alex Jones?

Fr3shjive
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont know much about Alex Jones but from what I have seen he comes off as a crazy conspiracy theorist. Doesnt he claim that 9/11 was an inside job?

Why does Ron Paul associate with a person like that if he's got a reputation as being a conspiracy nut?

Cowlesy
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Julie Banderas of Fox News asked him about Alex Jones back in 2007, and here are the clips.

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/05/ron-paul-on-fox-news/

Epic
05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
That's like saying Ron Paul associates with Rachel Maddow cause he's been on her show several times.

It makes no sense to use that logic.

He talks to many people that he doesn't agree with.

He probably agrees with Alex Jones on some things, and not on others, just like he would with most people.

DeadheadForPaul
05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't really get it either

I just chalk it up to Ron Paul pandering to the fringes in order to get more money

Which is weird because Alex Jones and his followers helped trash his campaign by associating Ron with 9/11 Truth

I honestly believe Alex Jones is one of the following:
1.) A Federal agent meant to discredit libertarians
2.) A crazy egomaniac and resident asshole of TX

Linus
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe it's a Christian thing. He seems to associate with pretty much anyone who wants to be associated with him, to a point. I don't listen to Alex Jones but it's hard to believe his radio show is any kookier than that of Alan Colmes.

Linus
05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
...and of course, "it is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

RonPaulCult
05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Ron Paul will go to ANY media source to teach his message. That's how he got caught up in a Borat movie. That's why he goes on Russia Today (state run Russian media) and Press TV (Iranian state run media). He's been on hard ball with Chris Matthews and Hannity.

He wants to spread his message far and wide.

specsaregood
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
If Dr. Paul only went on media outlets with people he completely agreed with and approved of, he wouldn't be on any media outlets.

Is going on a truther's radio show any worse than going on a war-monger's or pro-torturer's radio show?

Anti Federalist
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I dont know much about Alex Jones but from what I have seen he comes off as a crazy conspiracy theorist. Doesnt he claim that 9/11 was an inside job?

Why does Ron Paul associate with a person like that if he's got a reputation as being a conspiracy nut?

*sigh*

I've been listening to Ron Paul on the Alex Jones show for ten years now.

He's had him on a hundred times, if once.

Jones gave Paul a platform in the media when few even knew his name and brought millions of people into the effort.

RP is not about to ditch AJ just because he makes some people uncomfortable.

Old Ducker
05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Ron Paul will go to ANY media source to teach his message. That's how he got caught up in a Borat movie. That's why he goes on Russia Today (state run Russian media) and Press TV (Iranian state run media). He's been on hard ball with Chris Matthews and Hannity.

Press TV is independent...to the extent that such exists in Iran. The official Iranian media is IRNA (Islamic Republic News Agency) and Pars.

Danke
05-11-2010, 02:03 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_shit_again.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/Flatu/awww.gif

Anti Federalist
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_shit_again.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/Flatu/awww.gif

That^^^ +1

Imaginos
05-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Yes, and I believe Ron Paul is doing the right thing.
There's no major media source to stand for liberty/ freedom/ constitution/ libertarian message.
NONE.
Ron Paul has been doing everything he can to spread the message and I support his strategy 100%.

Vessol
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Alex Jones has a huge audience of people who want the exact same thing as we want, a free Republic.

I don't see what's wrong with this?

BlackTerrel
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know what kinds of rating Alex Jones gets? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. This is a list of the top rated talk radio programs in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs

JCF
05-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Yep, that's how I see him. He doesn't care just as long as the message gets out...

Travlyr
05-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Alex Jones is more credible than Chris Matthews.

emazur
05-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Ron Paul and Alex Jones common points:
1) anti-Federal Reserve
2) anti-Trilateral Commission, CFR (go back to Ron's '88 interview - The American Power Structure)
3) anti NWO (Ron only occasionally mentions the NWO b/c he knows how it sounds)
4) anti police state, anti-big government, pro civil liberty
5) anti 2 party system
6) anti mandatory vaccine
7) both call themselves libertarians
8) anti-world empire
9) anti NAU
10) pro gun
11) personally Christian conservative, anti-drug but anti-drug war
12) anti illegal immigration

key differences:
1) Ron says 9/11 not an inside job
2) Ron doesn't believe the meltdown was orchestrated, just an inevitable consequence

The common factors are much more important than the differences. Walter Williams is also a semi-regular guest on Alex Jones show - doesn't make him a kook, they have enough common ground and Williams' views helps to educate listeners. Alex Jones actually has one hell of diverse group of people interviewed - Oliver North, Ann Coulter, Buzz Aldrin, Frank Zappa's wife, Jesse Ventura, Barry Goldwater Jr., Charlie Sheen, Willie Nelson, and a whole lot more.

I know Alex Jones can go off the deep end and sound like a nut sometimes (especially when he interviews someone he dislikes - the Rothschild and Zeitgeist interviews are too painful to listen to) but he is definitely an ally. I mostly tune when he's interviewing someone interesting but I think infowars is a great site and visit everyday.

Fredom101
05-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Alex Jones is definitely a little on the edge but 9/11 was definitely an inside job...at the minimum the US gov knew it was coming. If you look at the evidence and ignore what the government is telling you, you will agree.

Jones I don't think is a good spokesman for the movement but he does present some truths that no one else will. The problem with Jones is that he has proven himself to be willing to lie to get the truth out! If you watch the video of him at the DNC he literally pushes a guy and then later claims he got pushed!

tnvoter
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
That's like saying Ron Paul associates with Rachel Maddow cause he's been on her show several times.

It makes no sense to use that logic.

He talks to many people that he doesn't agree with.

He probably agrees with Alex Jones on some things, and not on others, just like he would with most people.

This

dannno
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Ron Paul and Alex Jones common points:
1) anti-Federal Reserve
2) anti-Trilateral Commission, CFR (go back to Ron's '88 interview - The American Power Structure)
3) anti NWO (Ron only occasionally mentions the NWO b/c he knows how it sounds)
4) anti police state, anti-big government, pro civil liberty
5) anti 2 party system
6) anti mandatory vaccine
7) both call themselves libertarians
8) anti-world empire
9) anti NAU
10) pro gun
11) personally Christian conservative, anti-drug but anti-drug war
12) anti illegal immigration

key differences:
1) Ron says 9/11 not an inside job
2) Ron doesn't believe the meltdown was orchestrated, just an inevitable consequence

The common factors are much more important than the differences. Walter Williams is also a semi-regular guest on Alex Jones show - doesn't make him a kook, they have enough common ground and Williams' views helps to educate listeners. Alex Jones actually has one hell of diverse group of people interviewed - Oliver North, Ann Coulter, Buzz Aldrin, Frank Zappa's wife, Jesse Ventura, Barry Goldwater Jr., Charlie Sheen, Willie Nelson, and a whole lot more.

I know Alex Jones can go off the deep end and sound like a nut sometimes (especially when he interviews someone he dislikes - the Rothschild and Zeitgeist interviews are too painful to listen to) but he is definitely an ally. I mostly tune when he's interviewing someone interesting but I think infowars is a great site and visit everyday.

Ya, the differences between Ron and most interviewers is night and day compared to the differences between him and AJ..

RonPaulCult
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Press TV is independent...to the extent that such exists in Iran. The official Iranian media is IRNA (Islamic Republic News Agency) and Pars.

I'm sorry but the money for this station comes from the government. Therefore it is state run. The Iranian government can claim they keep their hands off of it and don't influence the editorial judgement of the news staff but - they can also claim that boobs cause earthquakes. I'm not going to believe it.

FSP-Rebel
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know what kinds of rating Alex Jones gets? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. This is a list of the top rated talk radio programs in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs
Here's a more extensive listing of US talk radio shows. It's Talker's Magazine's (leading publication in the industry) "Heavy Hundred" and Top 250 ratings: http://talkers.com/online/?p=267. Jones doesn't make the cut because many of his 60ish stations are on low powered affiliates. He has a huge presence on the internet though via his status as the main proprietor of 9/11 Truth.

Some notables from the Heavy Hundred listing are Phil Valentine at #63 Brian & The Judge at #88 and Free Talk Live at #97. Jason Lewis made the Top 250.

pcosmar
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Why does Ron Paul continue to associate with the GOP when they are destroying America?

:rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Here's a more extensive listing of US talk radio shows. It's Talker's Magazine's (leading publication in the industry) "Heavy Hundred" and Top 250 ratings: http://talkers.com/online/?p=267. Jones doesn't make the cut because many of his 60ish stations are on low powered affiliates. He has a huge presence on the internet though via his status as the main proprietor of 9/11 Truth.

Some notables from the Heavy Hundred listing are Phil Valentine at #63 Brian & The Judge at #88 and Free Talk Live at #97. Jason Lewis made the Top 250.

Thank you!