Chester Copperpot
05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Sanders Amendment passed 96-0

itshappening
05-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Disgrace !

HOLLYWOOD
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
The House will Kill it... Man I watched these 110% Bought and Paid For US Senators represent "THE CLEARING HOUSE aka Banking Cabal" with political impunity.

Man pure Fascist State... has anyone asked Bernie Sanders... Why did you Delete the most important parts of the bill almost a year later?

Whata Dog N Pony show... Except... DeMint's speech about the FEDERAL RESERVE and all it's wranglings was excellent

amy31416
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
ffffffffffffffffff

&^% $#@^%$ @#%!^ *% $%^@^$#

itshappening
05-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Roll call, time for pay back

torchbearer
05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
can we get the names of the no votes please?

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2010, 10:37 AM
CFL FAIL!

I posted their call to contact your senators the minute it hit my in-box... and it looks like the vote was already over :(

-t

Bern
05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSWAT01445120100511?type=politicsNews

Roll call:
http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_111_2.htm

cswake
05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Be careful, even some of the "yes" votes came at the last minute when the Senator saw that his or her vote won't matter. (Chambliss was one)

Chester Copperpot
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
it seems the president wants change.. just not too much..

JK/SEA
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, we'll just have to keep trying.

Travlyr
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Seems criminal to block a true audit of the central banks. What can we do?

nelsonwinters
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
If you weren't following this real closely, you'd think that it did pass:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/senate-unanimously-approves-measure-to-audit-fed-2010-05-11

PBrady
05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Where's the roll call?

Also, agreed on the C4L fail.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
More and more, I'm getting the same attitude Joey Pants had in The Matrix.

Travlyr
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/senate-unanimously-approves-measure-to-audit-fed-2010-05-11

A reading of the comments indicates that marketwatch.com has lost credibility.

People are not buying the distortions of the MSM.

Cowlesy
05-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Be careful, even some of the "yes" votes came at the last minute when the Senator saw that his or her vote won't matter. (Chambliss was one)

Hah -- I'm curious to know more about that.

bobbyw24
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:SN03217:@@@S

swirling_vortex
05-11-2010, 11:02 AM
As R. Lee Ermey would say:

"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS?"

YouTube - What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw)

pcosmar
05-11-2010, 11:07 AM
That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --

The train is on track. Time to loosen the rails.
:(

brandon
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
So Sanders voted for this amendment? That makes no sense. Can someone explain?

starless
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Here are the nays:

Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burris (D-IL)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corker (R-TN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaufman (D-DE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Specter (D-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)

Time to clean house.

Pennsylvania
05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Casey (D-PA)
Specter (D-PA)

Just upped my enthusiasm for Luksik

Chester Copperpot
I thought a new guy like Franken would be all for the audit..

Elwar
Here are the nays:
Bennett (R-UT)

I guess there's no need for him to try to please the people anymore.

http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com/e107_images/banners/banner.jpg (http://www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com)

RM918
Both of my senators, great.

Chester Copperpot
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM

mine too.. theyre both hacks

RonPaulCult
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
So Sanders voted for this amendment? That makes no sense. Can someone explain?

Sanders claims to support this amendment. At the last moment, he decided to put up his own amendment that he knew would pass. His thought was, at least we'd get SOME auditing of the fed instead of a full audit like he allegedly wanted.

So when another Senator brought it up for a vote today - he still voted for it. But he wasn't the sponsor of it.

I hope that makes sense.

torchbearer
05-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Landrieu (D-LA)

she is toast.

eqcitizen
05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Ugh....i am from CT so there was no way i was convincing either one to vote the proper way....bastards!!!

seeker4sho
05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Seems criminal to block a true audit of the central banks. What can we do?

We must target each one of the Senators that voted against an audit of the Fed and vote them out of office when they come up for re-election. Bill Nelson of Florida is on my list. If enough of us are willing to work at it we can pick them off one at a time.

Imaginos
05-11-2010, 11:25 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

pcosmar
05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
We must target each one of the Senators

An Idea whose time has come.
:mad:

RonPaulCult
05-11-2010, 11:27 AM
The amendment to open the Fed to a one-time audit of its lending between December 1, 2007 and the present passed 96-0.

At least that's a small victory. Far too small considering what we were going for. But hey - it's better than nothing.

tremendoustie
05-11-2010, 11:34 AM
The amendment to open the Fed to a one-time audit of its lending between December 1, 2007 and the present passed 96-0.

At least that's a small victory. Far too small considering what we were going for. But hey - it's better than nothing.

It's not a real audit though, right?

CGeoffrion
05-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Suprise suprise.....

Big bad Scott Brown voted Nay. A real revolutionary candidate he is... I'm from MA, he'll be hearing from me.

moostraks
05-11-2010, 11:44 AM

how discouraging...I'm sick of this behaviour from both press and politicians.

amy31416
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Just upped my enthusiasm for Luksik

Same here. And if she doesn't get the nod (which is likely), Toomey will just be another neocon hack.

JamesButabi
05-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Both of RI's senators. Fucking state is corrupted to shit. Cant stand it. Oh yeah and Scott Brown. What a fucking surprise. Grrr im so mad.

Sentient Void
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Suprise suprise.....

Big bad Scott Brown voted Nay. A real revolutionary candidate he is... I'm from MA, he'll be hearing from me.

I'm also from MA. He will *DEFINITELY* be hearing from me. I already e-mailed both him and Kerry last week about this, that we wanted the bill in it's ORIGINAL form.

Apparently they both just gave me, you and other a big "FUCK YOU".

You should also be calling Kerry/Brown. Both these motherfuckers are getting voted out ASAP.

TCE
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm also from MA. He will *DEFINITELY* be hearing from me. I already e-mailed both him and Kerry last week about this, that we wanted the bill in it's ORIGINAL form.

Apparently they both just gave me, you and other a big "FUCK YOU".

You should also be calling Kerry/Brown. Both these motherfuckers are getting voted out ASAP.

How are you going to vote Kerry out in Massachusetts? He is the definition of entrenched politician. Brown will be gone in 2012, but he'll be replaced by a standard Democrat.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Yeah me too.

Judd Gregg is a piece of shit.

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM

Both mine too - no big surprise...

-t

AdamT
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
So now this bill goes back to the House to make a matching version. I assume House reps will put 1207 back in, then send back to Senate? Can someone comment if this is correct?

Kylie
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Both mine too - no big surprise...

-t

Yup. Same here.

But I'm fucked, Chi-town is the capitol of this state. And it's full of idiots.

Time to move.

TCE
05-11-2010, 12:54 PM
So now this bill goes back to the House to make a matching version. I assume House reps will put 1207 back in, then send back to Senate? Can someone comment if this is correct?

Yes, that is correct, it goes to Conference Committee. However, it is likely the House will just vote on the Senate version and be done with it. I can't see too many Congressman putting up a fight over that.

tpreitzel
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
We have to continue to push for the original language and exposing turncoat politicians while SIMULTANEOUSLY working to replace these treasonous traitors in November. These traitorous politicians only care about reelection, not adhering to constitutional principle. Hence, any of you NOT supporting candidates like Schiff or participating in the voting process (corrupt or not) are simply shooting off another toe of liberty.

devil21
05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes, that is correct, it goes to Conference Committee. However, it is likely the House will just vote on the Senate version and be done with it. I can't see too many Congressman putting up a fight over that.

Either that or stripping out the faux-audit entirely now that the dog and pony show is completed. If it stays, watch the Fed deny the GAO access to much of anything by calling it "monetary policy" and not subject to Act.

We can't say this is unexpected but it still pisses me off. On the bright side, a whole lot more people know how evil the Fed is than before.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-11-2010, 01:36 PM
More and more, I'm getting the same attitude Joey Pants had in The Matrix.

http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/tv/metromix/grilled_steak.jpg :)

JoshLowry
05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Time for some blowback.

JK/SEA
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Time for some blowback.

Yeah, about 10 million worth on 12-16.

devil21
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Talk about some spin. Here's an email from Grayson's mouthpiece, firedoglake.com, on the outcome.

We beat the banks!

96-0.

That was the vote in the Senate to Audit the Fed this afternoon. A unanimous vote to demand transparency at the Federal Reserve, and a unanamious vote against the big banks.

The Fed controls the nation's monetary supply, but no one outside the Fed is allowed to know what goes on with our money. That means JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon, a Fed board member, knows what happens at the Fed, but Congress doesn't. That's just not right.

Now Congress will learn what went on at the Fed during the bank bailouts. They'll know what happened with AIG, and with their counterparties.

For the last year, you've signed petitions, called members of Congress, and contributed to our campaign to shine light on the Fed. Without you, it would not have been possible to build a transpartisan alliance to fight for transparency.

With your help, we put together a vast array of allies. From Alan Grayson and Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders and Jim DeMint, Richard Trumka and Andy Stern, Bob Borosage and Grover Norquist, Firedoglake and the Liberty Coalition. Voices that would usually be in opposition to each other came together to fight for an audit of the Federal Reserve.

And we won, for now.

To be clear, this is not a full, annual audit of the Fed. But it's the first step to cracking open the doors of secrecy at the Federal Reserve. Financial reform still needs to move to a conference committee, and we need to guard against changes to the Fed audit from behind those closed doors.

So take a moment to celebrate this huge, important victory. Then help us push the Fed audit over the finish line.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Exactly.

I know it's not real, but it's juicy and tastes good.

;)

http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/tv/metromix/grilled_steak.jpg :)

low preference guy
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Talk about some spin. Here's an email from Grayson's mouthpiece, firedoglake.com, on the outcome.

I don't think it's spin. They still it's a partial victory but it's still progress. Had Ron Paul not run in '08, this bill wouldn't even have been voted on.

To be clear, this is not a full, annual audit of the Fed. But it's the first step to cracking open the doors of secrecy at the Federal Reserve. Financial reform still needs to move to a conference committee, and we need to guard against changes to the Fed audit from behind those closed doors.

So take a moment to celebrate this huge, important victory. Then help us push the Fed audit over the finish line.

devil21
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't think it's spin. They still it's a partial victory but it's still progress. Had Ron Paul not run in '08, this bill wouldn't even have been voted on.

A partial, and rather hollow, victory maybe but it certainly isn't:

We beat the banks!

96-0.

That was the vote in the Senate to Audit the Fed this afternoon. A unanimous vote to demand transparency at the Federal Reserve, and a unanamious vote against the big banks.

leonster
05-11-2010, 02:07 PM
McConnell - NAY

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old Ducker
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Lulz at 96-0

InTheoryTV
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I've been following this bill all year. To see this watered-down version pass is very disappointing.

I don't much else to share, but share in your frustration. I don't see this being positive as a partial victory for the people, but maybe I'm missing something.

Old Ducker
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I've been following this bill all year. To see this watered-down version pass is very disappointing.

I don't much else to share, but share in your frustration. I don't see this being positive as a partial victory for the people, but maybe I'm missing something.

Congratulations to Ron Paul

Posted by Lew Rockwell on May 11, 2010 11:02 AM

"I’m sure the watered-down audit the Fed amendment that passed 96-0 in the senate is weak as can be–has anything good ever, in the entire history of the US, been passed unanimously by the senate?–but it is still a victory. Thanks to Ron Paul’s lifetime of work, the DC pols feel they have to be seen as non-tools of the Fed. Of course, they are almost all tools, from Obama on down, but they are now afraid to be seen as tools. This is 100% due to Ron Paul. Now, as the Fed-caused economic crisis gets worse, here and in Europe, perhaps the senate will opt for substance over show. A change in the climate of opinion, already underway, can make that happen. Oh, and End the Fed."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

speciallyblend
05-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Congratulations to Ron Paul

Posted by Lew Rockwell on May 11, 2010 11:02 AM

"I’m sure the watered-down audit the Fed amendment that passed 96-0 in the senate is weak as can be–has anything good ever, in the entire history of the US, been passed unanimously by the senate?–but it is still a victory. Thanks to Ron Paul’s lifetime of work, the DC pols feel they have to be seen as non-tools of the Fed. Of course, they are almost all tools, from Obama on down, but they are now afraid to be seen as tools. This is 100% due to Ron Paul. Now, as the Fed-caused economic crisis gets worse, here and in Europe, perhaps the senate will opt for substance over show. A change in the climate of opinion, already underway, can make that happen. Oh, and End the Fed."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

woot woot as i start hearing the word Liberty on MSM more!

Brian Defferding
05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Good to see Feingold at least voted for it. Kohl, though - I hope that bastard retires immediately.

Imperial
05-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Here are the results for the lazy:

YEAs ---37
Barrasso (R-WY)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
LeMieux (R-FL)
Lincoln (D-AR)
McCain (R-AZ)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sanders (I-VT)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Snowe (R-ME)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Webb (D-VA)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---62
Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burris (D-IL)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corker (R-TN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaufman (D-DE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Specter (D-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)

Not Voting - 1
Byrd (D-WV)

spudea
05-11-2010, 03:47 PM
both my senators from Texas voted YEA. But its out of character for them, they probably knew it was going to lose.

AdamT
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Good to see Feingold at least voted for it. Kohl, though - I hope that bastard retires immediately.

Re: Kohl, already sent a stern email today telling him the same thing. He doesn't deserve the honor of serving as US Senator, and should resign in shame. His vote was totally expected though, he's been pro-bailout and against 1207 all along. I got into it with one of his staffers a few months ago on the phone. Very hostile to Fed transparency and an audit. I believe he's the #1 wealthiest Senator currently, says a lot. He could give 2 shits about his constituents. Bought and paid for hack.

He'll be up for re-election in a couple years. Hopefully we will defeat him then. He's a serious piece of trash who needs to be flushed out of his seat.

Linus
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
it seems the president wants change.. just not too much..

He wanted to change the nameplate behind the Oval Office desk, that was about it apparently.

DeadheadForPaul
05-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I haven't followed the progress of Audit the Fed, but can someone tell me what was in the Vitter amendment vs. the "more watered down" Sanders amendment?

I know it's disappointing to not get exactly what we were hoping for, but an audit of the FED's spending over the past 3 years may help turn public opinion against it in a big way.

Maybe the results of the audit will cause major backlash against the Fed. As a result, it would allow for more sweeping action taken against the FED

pcosmar
05-12-2010, 07:00 AM
I haven't followed the progress of Audit the Fed, but can someone tell me what was in the Vitter amendment vs. the "more watered down" Sanders amendment?

I know it's disappointing to not get exactly what we were hoping for, but an audit of the FED's spending over the past 3 years may help turn public opinion against it in a big way.

Maybe the results of the audit will cause major backlash against the Fed. As a result, it would allow for more sweeping action taken against the FED

Sanders Bill gutted "Audit the Fed", The Vitter Amendment attempted to give it it's teeth back.

We can only hope that some damning information will come out and be reported.
Small hope is better than no hope.

Kludge
05-12-2010, 07:19 AM
The Sanders Amendment will hopefully at least indicate how expensive their comic book propaganda is.

Story @ http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/07/the-federal-reserve-banks-lighter-side-%E2%80%94-in-comics-slideshow/

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/M1-and-GDP-in-Love.jpg

Order @ https://www.newyorkfed.org/publications/result.cfm?comics=1