PDA

View Full Version : RogerWaters quotes JohnLennon and DwightEisenhower InTourForPeace: TheWall: FinalPerf

charrob
05-10-2010, 05:47 PM

RogerWaters quotes JohnLennon and DwightEisenhower InTourForPeace: TheWall: FinalPerformance

http://c1306132.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/roger_waters.jpg

Fallen Loved Ones
‘Fallen Loved Ones’ is a request, from me, reaching out to ask you to provide a photograph and personal details of a ‘Loved One’ lost in war. Your ‘Loved One’s’ pictures and details would be included, along with those of my father Eric, in my up coming show THE WALL, as an act of remembrance. The ‘Fallen Loved One’ does not have to have been a soldier. Civilian deaths are equally, if not more, harrowing.

I make this request to you in light of my belief that many of these tragic losses of life are avoidable. I feel empathy with the families of all the victims and anger at ‘THE POWERS THAT BE’, who are responsible, in equal measure. Please join me in honouring our dead and protesting their loss.

~Roger Waters

This new production of 'The Wall' is an attempt to draw some comparisons, to illuminate our current predicament, and is dedicated to all the innocent lost in the intervening years. ... I feel it is my responsibility as an artist to express my, albeit guarded, optimism, and encourage others to do the same.
To quote the great man,

” You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”
~John Lennon

"Every Gun That Is Made, Every Warship Launched, Every Rocket Fired, Signifies, in the Final Sense,
A THEFT from those Who Hunger and are not Fed, Those Who Are Cold and not Clothed."
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

~Roger Waters, 2010

http://www.rogerwaters.com/why

For anyone who has not seen, this will be a concert to remember...

dannno
05-10-2010, 05:58 PM
ugh.. all the CA tour dates are on Sunday/Monday/Tues/Wed nights... wtf

Will have to consider.. too bad they aren't playing at my local venue here, that would be so awesome... it's Radiohead's favorite venue, it's relatively small and unknown.......

Anti Federalist
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Roger Waters has aged well.

purplechoe
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Roger Waters has aged well.

that's a peace of art, in real life, he's looking old... like Gilmore...

grizzums
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Got my tickets today...December 11th @ the Tacoma Dome. Can't hardly wait... ;-)

Anti Federalist
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
that's a peace of art, in real life, he's looking old... like Gilmore...

They're both in their late 60s.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Got my tickets today...December 11th @ the Tacoma Dome. Can't hardly wait... ;-)

I was thinking about it.

A little put off that he's not supported by a band.

From what I read, it's just him, solo.

grizzums
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I was thinking about it.

A little put off that he's not supported by a band.

From what I read, it's just him, solo.

Nah...he's got a band with him. Not any of the original members of course though. It would no doubt be awesome if he and Gilmore had made amends and could share the stage but oh well. I saw Pink Floyd's reunion tour with Gilmore up in Vancouver BC, jeez, about 13 - 14 years ago now.. and it kicked ass too.

This concert will have some sentimental value for me...my dad helped design and build the original The Wall set and he passed on last year... even w/out the sentimental part, the concert will still rock, I'm sure. I heard good things about Water's last tour and I'm sure he'll go all out with this puppy....at least I'm hoping so. ;)

purplechoe
05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
/\

these guys are great, the singer sounds just like them too...

http://www.qwestfield.com/uploadedimages/Home/Event_Calendar/aussie_pink_floyd.jpg

Anti Federalist
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Nah...he's got a band with him. Not any of the original members of course though. It would no doubt be awesome if he and Gilmore had made amends and could share the stage but oh well. I saw Pink Floyd's reunion tour with Gilmore up in Vancouver BC, jeez, about 13 - 14 years ago now.. and it kicked ass too.

That was just based on this notice at Ticketmaster:

There is no support -this is an evening with Roger Waters performing "The Wall" live.

This concert will have some sentimental value for me...my dad helped design and build the original The Wall set and he passed on last year... even w/out the sentimental part, the concert will still rock, I'm sure. I heard good things about Water's last tour and I'm sure he'll go all out with this puppy....at least I'm hoping so. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your dad passing, but that is an awesome story.

I was at the Nassau Coliseum shows in 1988 where they recorded the Delicate Sound of Thunder.

eteP_00
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
2 of the worst scumbags ever...

Eisenhower...destroyed Taft and put the final nail in the coffin of the HERO McCarthy. Arms embargo on Batista of Cuba (that was the main reason Fidel won). Later, when it was discovered that communist infiltrators in the State Department were the responsible for the early american policy regarding Cuba and Castro, a policy that consisted in regarding Fidel as a simple rebel friendly to the US and regarding Batista as a threat to the US, Eisenhower not only did nothing about it but destroyed Otto Otepka career (the guy that exposed the whole scheme). On top of it, Eisenhower issued a series of executive orders that prevented biding employees of the Executive branch to turn over to Congress any information regarding questions of internal security...this was a MAJOR blow to the anti-communist subversion efforts. And more could be said about this WW2 General but i better not mention it...

John Lennon...classic artistic trash, part of the first boys-band in History, later discovered the joys of the american hippie/revolutionary counter-culture (aka communist created culture). Like any good leftist artistic trash he was filthy-rich, wasted incredible amounts of money on worthless things (like drugs) but spreading red internationalist messages to the "peasants"...for a guy that preached red messages he sure got a lot of backing and exposure from filthy dirty rich people in record companies, TV, movies, magazines, etc...

moostraks
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
2 of the worst scumbags ever...

Eisenhower...destroyed Taft and put the final nail in the coffin of the HERO McCarthy. Arms embargo on Batista of Cuba (that was the main reason Fidel won). Later, when it was discovered that communist infiltrators in the State Department were the responsible for the early american policy regarding Cuba and Castro, a policy that consisted in regarding Fidel as a simple rebel friendly to the US and regarding Batista as a threat to the US, Eisenhower not only did nothing about it but destroyed Otto Otepka career (the guy that exposed the whole scheme). On top of it, Eisenhower issued a series of executive orders that prevented biding employees of the Executive branch to turn over to Congress any information regarding questions of internal security...this was a MAJOR blow to the anti-communist subversion efforts. And more could be said about this WW2 General but i better not mention it...

John Lennon...classic artistic trash, part of the first boys-band in History, later discovered the joys of the american hippie/revolutionary counter-culture (aka communist created culture). Like any good leftist artistic trash he was filthy-rich, wasted incredible amounts of money on worthless things (like drugs) but spreading red internationalist messages to the "peasants"...for a guy that preached red messages he sure got a lot of backing and exposure from filthy dirty rich people in record companies, TV, movies, magazines, etc...

back so soon???

Zippyjuan
05-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I saw Roger perform in London a long time ago- played some of his solo material along with portions of The Wall. Probably THE performance of The Wall to have been to would have been the one they did at the site of the former Berlin Wall. Those who have grown up since then may have difficulty apreciating the symbolism of the Berlin Wall and what an amazing thing it was to see it collapse so dramitically. I was in Berlin the same year while the wall was still up and there were two Germanies.