PDA

View Full Version : Anyone given a speech to a GOP group and have an outline to share

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I have to put something together quickly for tonight, and instead of reinventing the wheel, thought I might be able to steal on outline from one of you instead of starting from scratch myself. If so, email me through the forums. Thx!!!

Spirit of '76
10-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I opened with this:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
?He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
?He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
?He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
?He has never taken a government-paid junket.
?He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
?He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

The Gun Owners of America have given him an A+ rating, and the very top of their website, you can find a quote from him.

The National Taxpayers Union has named him the "Taxpayer's Best Friend" in Congress, year after year after year.

He has received more contributions from members of our armed forces than any other candidate.

Judge Andrew Napolitano, the senior judicial analyst for Fox News, has called him, "The Thomas Jefferson of our day."

Historian Thomas Woods, the author of the best-selling "Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution" has called him, "The greatest congressman in American history."

Joe Scarborough, the Republican former congressman from Florida has called him the only Ronald Reagan in the race.

Ronald Reagan himself said, "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our Armed Forces and always puts them first."

And like Ronald Reagan, Ron Paul is setting up a big tent -- a big tent party that every patriotic American should be drawn to.

I then went on to explain that Ron's setting up a big tent party because his platform is one with universal appeal to all Americans: The Constitution of the United States.

I said that the platform is supported by three pillars which also have universal appeal: Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity.

I explained how he offers us freedom by sticking to the Constitution no matter what, with the understanding that our rights come not from the government, but from our creator, and should never be sacrificed because we are afraid.

He offers us peace because he knows that our national security interests would be better served by securing our borders against terrorists and criminals than by borrowing money from China and Saudi Arabia to send our military around the world enforcing UN resolutions and trying to further the old Democrat ideal of spreading democracy at the point of a gun.

He offers us prosperity by working tirelessly as champion of the Free Market, elimination of wasteful spending, sound monetary policy, and an elimination of the income tax.

I then mentioned that while those things appeal to so many of us, some people are saying that he can't win. But I pointed out that he's won more straw polls than any other candidate, discussed how the so-called scientific polls are accurate, and pointed to the numbers and enthusiasm of his grassroots support. (These days I'd throw in something about Q3 fundraising.)

That's it. The chairman of the WV GOP came up to me later and told me that I had given everyone there "a lot to think about". Several people came up and took bumper stickers, and one guy in an "Air Force Dad" t-shirt told me, "Ron's my man!"

I made sure damn near everyone there had a slimjim, too. ;)

Hope that helps in some way. Good luck! :)

foofighter20x
10-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Also, do what Hard@Work did with the Laura Ingraham crowd at the book signing:

Explain that the economic weapon of the $2.7 trillion debt held by the Chinese is a greater threat to our national security and economy than Islamofascists, Iran, North Korea, or Syria.

yoshimaroka
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzjSp83vSA