PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the defeatist attitude of "I'm throwing my vote away"

Delivered4000
06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I think a more realist approach to those statements that claim Ron Paul has no chance is:

You can't really know the future, no one thought he would garner as much support as he does right now, but what do you know

No one thought Jimmy Carter would get past the primaries.

When Carter entered the Democratic Party presidential primaries in 1976, he was considered to have little chance against nationally better-known politicians. He had a name recognition of only 2 percent. When he told his family of his intention to run for President, he was asked by his mother, "President of what?"

No one expected that Ross Perot would be able to get almost 20% of the popular vote despite the fact that he was not from any of the two dominant parties.

Adopting a defeatist attitude and having the "I'm throwing my vote away" mentality is equivalent to surrendering your voting rights. The special interests want you to believe that you can't vote for anyone other than this puppet or the other.

So yes, it is possible that Ron Paul can win. Very possible.

And there you have it: Defeatist attitude defeated.

lsherman210
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
great input " having the "I'm throwing my vote away" mentality is equivalent to surrendering your voting rights. The special interests want you to believe that you can't vote for anyone other than this puppet or the other."
i will use your strategy
thanks

Paul4Prez
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
A vote for anyone else is a wasted vote, because all you will get is more of the same. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for real change. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for freedom.

KCIndy
06-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I always remind people that if even HALF the people who are worried about "throwing away their vote" would actually vote their conscience, the so-called "fringe" candidate would win in a landslide.

MJU1983
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM
No one thought Barry Goldwater had a chance either.

I like to direct people to this article on the topic: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/hooper1.html

emazur
06-21-2011, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euckWFonKaU