PDA

View Full Version : West kentucky!! Help!!

ChristinaJade
05-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Y'all, we are needing some help over here in Western Kentucky - LIKE CRAZY! :)

We have phone banks scheduled, canvassing, signs to put up...and we are needing some warm bodies to help get it done! If you know of anyone who can help out, PLEASE send them!!

I'll be honest, it seems like the Trey people are all of a sudden coming out of the woodwork around here, and I know good and well we can match and beat them!

McCracken, Graves, Marshall, Ballard, Carlisle, Crittenden, Livingston, Fulton, and Hickman Counties need help in a MAJOR WAY!

Please contact me at McCracken4Rand@gmail.com!!

THANKS!

Christina

Ethek
05-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Christina is right :) make sure you check in with Nena too

(270)996-7492
nena@RandPaul2010.com

Thargok
05-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Central KY can use help as well. You can PM me or call Nena if you are willing to do anything. I'm going to be focusing mainly on Fayette County but have contacts in Madison, Jessamine and Clark as well.

orenbus
05-10-2010, 05:27 AM
I hate to say it, but this is sounding like New Hampshire 2007 all over again. I really hope I'm wrong, but looking back now at the RP Presidential Campaign during the cold weeks leading up to the NH primary there was a lot of expectations. The community seemed all but assured that we would do very well in NH but about 3 and 4 weeks leading up to it I drove six hours to help volunteer up there by doing some canvasing. What I found was that we did not have enough volunteers to combat the paid professionals that the other candidate campaigns had hired to plaster signs everywhere.

All around Manchester the Mccain, Huckabee, and Romney signs out numbered our signs easily by 6 to 1, that's per candidate mind you. The lessons learned was that you can not underestimate the amount of money that the other campaigns will invest on boots on the ground activities to combat against volunteers in a grassroots movement. Money is all they know and they are not shy spending a lot of it.

The only way to win is to outnumber them in man power two or three fold. Massive numbers of volunteers coming from out of state is needed in order to compete. I don't care what the poll numbers say the only thing that counts is the vote on election day. I'm afraid if people don't start acting soon there will be a lot of disappointed faces come election day. :(

In case anyone wants to read through what happened the weeks leading up to the NH primary here is a thread I posted screaming for help back then.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46212

Oh also working with the campaign is great for doing canvassing etc., however if you want to do guerilla marketing activities beyond what the campaign can approve (from a legal standpoint) do that on your own time as well would be my suggestion. An example of what I mean by this is I'm sure some of you remember the campaign back in 2008 at first didn't like us putting up Revolution banners then later on Ron Paul came out and supported the Revolution concept and although didn't come out and promote the idea of putting up banners on the interstate overpasses he didn't condemn the idea either.

There were lots of great marketing concepts that we were kicking around back then that sure did get a lot of eyeballs, I think if people wanted to do that as well that's great.

Tinnuhana
05-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Can you get some help from the meetups in southern Ohio and Indiana?

sailingaway
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
I hate to say it, but this is sounding like New Hampshire 2007 all over again. ...

The only way to win is to outnumber them in man power two or three fold. Massive numbers of volunteers coming from out of state is needed in order to compete. I don't care what the poll numbers say the only thing that counts is the vote on election day. I'm afraid if people don't start acting soon there will be a lot of disappointed faces come election day. :(

I'm emailing nena. I'm in California and can't go out, but maybe I can help with phone banks so people there can do other things.

One difference between here and New Hampshire, our organization already existed there and Rand's polls mean he can't be marginalized. On the other hand, the media has been painting this race as a test of McConnell's clout after Utah, and he is going to go all in.

--
(sent nena the email)

ChristinaJade
05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
On the other hand, the media has been painting this race as a test of McConnell's clout after Utah, and he is going to go all in.

Mitch is famous for tossing tons of ground support in at the last minute...and he's gonna be bussing them in like ACORN in the next week.

What Sailingaway is doing is going to be very helpful...calls can come from anywhere! Thanks!

Matt Collins
05-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I hate to say it, but this is sounding like New Hampshire 2007 all over again.What I found was that we did not have enough volunteers to combat the paid professionals that the other candidate campaigns had hired to plaster signs everywhere.
Well the honest truth is that most of the votes are not in this part of the commonwealth. They are mostly in Louisville, Lexington/Frankfort, NKY, and a couple spots in the east, Somerset, London, etc.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/Kentucky_population_map.png

Aratus
05-10-2010, 10:11 AM
matt, ....tasking older meet-ups to go up from tennessee and down from illinois and indiana
could help this along in the final week greatly? i sorta feel ole mitch mcconnell despairs of
"sidekick" trey winning by even three or two percent for he is only into damage control
whereby a rand paul victory of 3 to 5 points LETS trey run in a most faux-sincere
randy quaid quaintness against beleagered & underappreciated governor beshear.
i think mitch mcconnell simply wants to only deny the senate seat to jack conway, and he
KNOWs what the g.o.p just did in UTAH! we have four years until 2014 and in politics right now,
EVERYTHING is measured by internet & computer nano-seconds! sen. mcconnell wants to be re-elected!!!

Thargok
05-10-2010, 10:46 AM
There are probably about 50-1 Rand signs out right now and our door to door canvassing is showing Rand with a very favorable lead.

ChristinaJade
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Matt's right, there are a larger number of voters in those areas, however, if you look at Bunning's last election, he was running behind until the results from western KY came in and knocked him back into office.

And to those of you who have been in touch today - THANKS!!!!! :)

Much has gotten done in a very short time. YAY for communication! lol.. :)