PDA

View Full Version : Strip Rahm Emanuel of His Citizenship!

stu2002
05-09-2010, 01:56 PM
From The Politico

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) thinks he’s found a work-around on the whole Miranda rights debate for U.S. citizens accused of terrorism: Strip their citizenship and ship them to Guantanamo.

Lieberman plans to introduce a bill that would amend a decades-old law aimed at yanking citizenship from U.S. citizens who fight for a foreign military.

“I’m now putting together legislation to amend that to [specify that] any individual American citizen who is found to be involved in a foreign terrorist organization, as defined by the Department of State, would be deprived of their citizenship rights,” Lieberman said Tuesday.

Such a law would potentially cover terror suspect Faisal Shahzad, a Pakistani-born American citizen charged in connection with the attempted car bombing in New York City’s Times Square. He was apprehended Monday night at the city’s John F. Kennedy airport after he boarded a flight to Dubai.

“If you have joined an enemy of the United States in attacking the United States and trying to kill Americans, I think you sacrifice your rights of citizenship,” Lieberman said.

There is one exception to the existing law: Americans are allowed to serve in the Israel Defense Forces without losing their citizenship.

Let me get this straight. They actually wrote a law saying that anybody who served in a foreign army loses his American citizenship. But then they inserted an exception just for Israel? With what justification? It would be one thing if they listed a few democratic countries like Canada and Britain and Israel were included. But it looks like the Israel lobby doesn't even need to provide a plausible explanation for what it does.

There's something disturbing about Joe Lieberman sitting there and trying to think of ways to be able to legally torture people. "He's a citizen, you say? I've got it!"

While "joining a foreign military" is easy to define, being "involved in a foreign terrorist organization" isn't. Does that mean looking at a website? Registering for a message board? How would Lieberman prove your guilt? “My feeling is that if they [High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group] make a judgment that this was a terrorist act, the person should be turned over to the military." And what exactly is the "High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group"? According to the Washington Post, it's "elite team of interrogators [created] to question key terrorism suspects" In other words, bureaucrats whose power and jobs depend on there being enough "high-value detainees" would be able to decide that you're an enemy combatant, revoke your citizenship and then detain you as a POW until the "war on terror" is over, which will be whenever these same bureaucrats decide that the odds of a Muslim putting a firecracker in his underwear have fallen to zero and the government no longer needs their services.

Any conservative who thinks that any such law would only be applied to foreigners, i.e. brown Muslims, is a coward and a fool. You, my friend, are tomorrow's high-value detainee.

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blogs/exit-strategies/strip-rahm-of-his-citizenship/

Imaginos
05-09-2010, 03:04 PM
And deport him to Israel as well.
:D

cindy25
05-09-2010, 10:20 PM
the IDF is not a foreign army, its a state militia

libertarian4321
05-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I believe the law applied to foreign armies that fought AGAINST THE USA, not armies ALLIED with the USA.

Lots of Americans fought for foreign (allied) armies in the first and second world wars- and in other wars as well (e.g. War in Spain).

libertarian4321
05-10-2010, 02:36 AM
I believe the law applied to foreign armies that fought AGAINST THE USA, not armies ALLIED with the USA.

Lots of Americans fought for foreign (allied) armies in the first and second world wars- and in other wars as well (e.g. War in Spain). American volunteers fought with the Canadians, Brits, French, Chinese, and even Soviets during those wars.

libertarian4321
05-10-2010, 02:37 AM

Lots of Americans fought for foreign (allied) armies in the first and second world wars- and in other wars as well (e.g. War in Spain). American volunteers fought with the Canadians, Brits, French, Chinese, and even Soviets during those wars.

libertarian4321
05-10-2010, 02:38 AM