PDA

View Full Version : Big Victory in Maine - A Ron Paul friendly official Republican Platform implemented!

parocks
05-09-2010, 04:29 AM
This is now the official Republican Party Platform in Maine. Kick Ass. Way To Go Maine!!!

http://www.pressherald.com/news/activists-redefine-gop-platform_2010-05-09.html

Activists redefine GOP platform

The official platform includes lines that encourage the party to "discard political correctness," "seal the border and protect U.S. citizens along the border and everywhere," pass and implement a bill introduced by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, intending to end the Federal Reserve, "defeat Cap and Trade (sic)," "clarify that health care is not a right," and "repeal and prohibit any participation in efforts to create a one world government."

parocks
05-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Ron Paul mentioned by name in the official Maine Republican Party Platform.

this is a link to the actual platform -
http://www.pressherald.com/news/grand-old-party-central_2010-05-09.html

Here's the section of the official Maine Republican Party Platform that mentions Ron Paul

"c. Pass and implement Fed bill #1207 (Introduced by Ron Paul), to Audit the Federal Reserve, as the first step in Ending the Fed."

It's really quite an amazing platform. Very, very much our kind of thing.

emazur
05-09-2010, 05:06 AM
That makes 3 states now where ending the Fed is officially in the platform - the others are Nevada and Idaho.

parocks
05-09-2010, 06:42 AM
That makes 3 states now where ending the Fed is officially in the platform - the others are Nevada and Idaho.

There's a lot of good stuff in the Maine Republican Platform.

VI. To Secure the Blessings of Liberty:
a. Restore a vigorous grounding in the history and precepts of liberty, freedom, and the constitution to the educational process. As Thomas Jefferson said, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
i. Eliminate the Department of Education and restore schools to local control as specified in the constitution.
b. Repeal and prohibit any participation in efforts to create a one world government.

amy31416
05-09-2010, 07:05 AM
There's a Maineiac joke here somewhere, but I haven't had coffee yet.

Cowlesy
05-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Glad you mentioned coffee, as I need to go buy a coffeemaker today.

GO MAINE!!!

rancher89
05-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Excellent news!

WOOT Maine!

parocks
05-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I thought Ron Paul would do better here in Maine in 2008. I knew that Ron Paul's message would appeal to a sizable number of people here. But the numbers back then were disappointing. Now look at this mostly excellent platform. Things seem to be moving quite in the right direction. I'm pretty happy.

speciallyblend
05-09-2010, 09:46 AM
I thought Ron Paul would do better here in Maine in 2008. I knew that Ron Paul's message would appeal to a sizable number of people here. But the numbers back then were disappointing. Now look at this mostly excellent platform. Things seem to be moving quite in the right direction. I'm pretty happy.

awesome news. we are one election away from redefining our republican platform in our county! we still have some fighting to do for the failed state cogop.

The state cogop has 2 options reform to a Ron Paul Platform or alienate their own party in the future!! In Colorado i am ok with either option!!

MozoVote
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Sounds like some of the western states have a more bottom-up convention process. I thought one of the Texas delegates said something about passing resolutions at the *precinct level*.

In NC the platform and resolutions committees meet before the convention and when we arrive, the "approved" changes are part of the convention literature. One of the first things voted on in the rules of order, is that no further amendments can be submitted unless already vetted by the committees. So you need a 2/3 vote to get anything new discussed.

We can wordsmith things, though. Motions to amend by striking a phrase, or adding one to make the documents more agreeable, have made it through the convention.