PDA

View Full Version : Should cities make tasers illegal for police officers to carry?

libertybrewcity
05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
It seems like every week another story or youtube video pops up on the internet about a grandma or pregnant woman getting tasered by police officers. I am sure most of us on this forum have seen the horrors within these acts.

It seems almost impossible to stop police from using them unless We the People take them away. Obviously, under the 2nd amendment, people are allowed to have them, and I do think there are many benefits of citizens carrying them. However, should cops, who are employed by the government, not be allowed to carry them when on duty? I think this would eliminate many problems.

On the flip side, I have heard proponents of cops carrying tasers that it allows cops to stop violent crimes and criminals with weapons.

I ask this question because I am thinking of collecting signatures to get an ordinance passed that would take tasers away from cops in San Francisco. I would have 180 to gather around 7500 signatures.

What do you think about this idea or the law in general?

pcosmar
05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Eliminating Police would be a much better option.

End prohibition.
reduce laws to a minimum.
Restore the 2nd Amendment

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Yes. They are dangerous and prone to abuse.

mikem317
05-09-2010, 08:22 AM
I think the use of Tazers by police is a predictable consequence of our War on (Some) Drugs. Stop the War on (Some) Drugs and most of this violence will go away.

One thing that I found interesting is that most people erupt into laughter hearing somebody electrocuted by a Tazer. Maybe we're just a sadistic society? :(