PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown and Joe Lieberman want to strip "terrorists" of their citizenship.

Agorism
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Brown and Lieberman wants to give executive branch power to strip citizens of all rights. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1965)

ChaosControl
05-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Not surprised that Brown is just as much a totalitarian evil psychopath as Lieberman..

And OMG at me agreeing with pelosi on something.
putting him in the very unusual position of agreeing with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who also opposes the bill.

Well I guess even a snowball sometimes escapes hell's flames.

nate895
05-08-2010, 11:15 AM
This is about as unconstitutional it gets. If this passes and is upheld by the courts...

Anti Federalist
05-08-2010, 11:22 AM
This is about as unconstitutional it gets. If this passes and is upheld by the courts...

Then what?

"Yeah, well, I dare you to cross this line".

Quinn Rogness
05-08-2010, 11:24 AM
My main issue with this is, what if we eventually start stripping non-immigrant citizens of their citizenship for crimes of much less magnitude than terrorism.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2010, 11:27 AM
My main issue with this is, what if we eventually start stripping non-immigrant citizens of their citizenship for crimes of much less magnitude than terrorism.

The PATRIOT Act has not been used to prosecute a single terrorism case IIRC.

Provisions of it have been used to prosecute drug and money laundering cases though.

I'm surprised you would even use a "what if" caveat here.

There's no question it would be used for "lesser" crimes, probably right out of the gate.

tangent4ronpaul
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Duplicate'thread - mod p;lease merge.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=243228

-t

Anti Federalist
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
How can you strip someone of their citizenship BEFORE they have even been convicted? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

People routinely have every piece of property and every dollar they have, seized before a conviction.

Many times they cannot get their property back even after being acquitted or found innocent.

That happens every single day across the land of the free.

Danke
05-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Let them take your U.S. (14th Amendment) Citizenship. Who cares.

lester1/2jr
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
any opportunity lieberman has to get more power for the state he is for it. communists are like "this guy is TOO into marx"

Mini-Me
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
The irony here is that I don't think Ted Kennedy would have stood for this crap. Hell, even Nancy Pelosi isn't supporting it. Would Brown's opponent have stood for it? Who knows?

What I do know is this: I was immensely frustrated when people were supporting Scott Brown to stick it to Obama on healthcare, when everyone who knew better kept screaming that healthcare would go through anyway, and there was no telling what kind of nightmarish neocon shenanigans Brown would pull after being elected. Granted, nobody here really made or broke Brown's election bid, but next time, I really hope people think a bit longer and harder about supporting someone who seems, at one moment in time, to be the lesser of two evils. I'm not trying to start a flame war by reopening these old wounds, but this should remind people that neocon Republicans are not lesser evils than liberal Democrats. This is the wakeup call that nobody should have needed after the Bush years.

tangent4ronpaul
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
hmmm.... you know there might be an upside to this....

Never have to pay income tax
Get welfare and food stamps
not have to buy auto insurance
never pay another medical bill
etc.

Just like the illegal aliens invading our country in droves.

And besides, Obama and the Dems will give it back when they they make all the illegal aliens legal. :rolleyes:

-t

Mini-Me
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
hmmm.... you know there might be an upside to this....

Never have to pay income tax
Get welfare and food stamps
not have to buy auto insurance
never pay another medical bill
etc.

Just like the illegal aliens invading our country in droves.

And besides, Obama and the Dems will give it back when they they make all the illegal aliens legal. :rolleyes:

-t

Non-citizens are still made to pay taxes. The reason illegals don't is because they're largely undocumented and "off the grid," not because they're non-citizens.

Matt Collins
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
How can you strip someone of their citizenship BEFORE they have even been convicted? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
YouTube - Rahm Emanuel, if you are on No Fly List, No Gun! Alex Jones Film, The Obama Deception (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBZZKlvrP4)

devil21
05-08-2010, 05:41 PM
The irony of this is baffling. Proposing to strip citizenship for breaking the law, while proposing to offer citizenship to those who have broken the law. Shit gets weirder by the day.

Matt Collins
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Shit gets weirder by the day.Orwell would be proud! :(

Imaginos
05-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I'd like to strip Joe Lieberman of his citizenship for his traitorous track record as a senator.
:mad:

QueenB4Liberty
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Non-citizens are still made to pay taxes. The reason illegals don't is because they're largely undocumented and "off the grid," not because they're non-citizens.

But illegals do pay taxes.

Vessol
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
This will be the final nail in the coffin of the Bill of Rights..

Aratus
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADLY WANT TO RUN AGAINST SCOTT BROWN IN LESS THAN TWO YEARs TYME!
RIGHT NOW, TWO LOCAL POLITICIANs HAVE TOSSED THEIR HATs INTO THE 2012 SENATE RACE RING!!!

jclay2
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Remember all of those people on this forum who were saying that you had to vote for the lesser of two evils and vote for Scott Brown (as opposed to Joe Kennedy). This is what happens when you do. Healthcare still passed and now people are going to be losing their citizenship because their name is put on to some kind of FBI list. Honestly this is reminiscent of the Beck Love threads . Take anything positive you can get until they completely turn on you and bite your head off.

Aratus
05-09-2010, 11:06 AM
i ended up voting for joe kennedy(I) and i am thinking of running in 2012
each time i get totally furious over something like this very bill!!! So far,
scott brown has had one Democrat and one Republican leap into the race...