PDA

View Full Version : The No Apology Song

RebelRoss0587
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM
This video is great! The No Apology Song (http://mittromneycentral.com/2010/05/07/no-apology-song-the-case-for-american-greatness/)

A song about America’s greatness.

The more people that hear this, the better. The lyrics and mood of this new song capture the mood of so many of us in a video that I hope goes viral. It’s not too late to wake up Americans so we can bring America back! Let’s spread this everywhere we can!

pcosmar
05-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Stinks

http://www.highlightskids.com/Stories/Timbertoes/images/T1189_whereisspot11.gif

RebelRoss0587
05-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Stinks

Why and how does it stink? Because it's written and performed by a regular person and not Lady Gaga? Just listen to the song and read the lyrics and tell me it stinks. Your opinion is your opinion, but I get the feeling you didn't even give it a chance.

eOs
05-08-2010, 08:32 AM
No Apology? More like hypocrisy..

pcosmar
05-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Why and how does it stink? Because it's written and performed by a regular person and not Lady Gaga? Just listen to the song and read the lyrics and tell me it stinks. Your opinion is your opinion, but I get the feeling you didn't even give it a chance.

It is artistically uninspiring.
It is factually untrue.
It is essentially pure propaganda. "America" has much to apologize for. Both to the world and to the free people that live here.

It stinks.
:mad:

erowe1
05-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Aside from being just a terrible song musically (it reminds me of the tripe that passes for music in a lot of evangelical churches today), what in the world does any of that have to do with Mitt Romney? Isn't he the diametric opposite of a patriot?

erowe1
05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Also, I don't think the person who wrote that knows what the word "ratified" means.

My first comment was before I had watched it all the way through. So I decided to try again, and I got up to the bit about the Great Depression and something about how we're supposed to go around the world fighting for other peoples' freedom, and once again, I still couldn't make it all the way through. Never mind the lyrics, the song is just unbearable.

pcosmar
05-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Here's one as an example of artistry. (several artists combined) and a timely message.
Not really my style (rap) but I can still appreciate artistry.

YouTube - Hurt- Chris Geo- Johnny Cash- Nine Inch Nails (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1FwkFHx3o&feature=related)

olehounddog
05-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I made it to Lincoln granting freedom. Gotta give it thumbs down.

JohnEngland
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
"America" has much to apologize for. Both to the world and to the free people that live here.

Hmm, I'm not keen on people apologizing for the actions of previous generations. If that were to happen, it would get ridiculous:

America would have to apologize to Iraq, Vietnam, Japan, Cuba etc.

Britain would have to apologize to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Germany, France, Spain, America etc.

France would have to apologize to Britain and erm... Did the French actually win anything after 1066?

Italy would have to apologize to most of Europe and northern Africa.

Macedonia would have to apologize to Greece, India etc.

Russia would have to apologize to Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Ukraine etc.

In short - apologizing for other people's actions from centuries gone by is pointless and meaningless. Everyone should just move on and work towards peace and free trade.

pcosmar
05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
In short - apologizing for other people's actions from centuries gone by is pointless and meaningless. Everyone should just move on and work towards peace and free trade.

Good point.
perhaps instead of apologize, it should be REPENT.

Go, and sin no more.