PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson will be on Hannity tonight, 5/7/2010

lx43
05-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Hannity will probably be rough on him.

Odin
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
But Gary Johnson knows this issue much better than Hannity, I bet Gary Johnson will wipe the floor with him, unless Hannity heavily edits the interview.

lx43
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I hope its a live interview. I know one of the topics will be legalizing drugs.

JCF
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I hope its a live interview. I know one of the topics will be legalizing drugs.

Nope they taped it like a week ago.

I heard Hannity talk about it on his radio show.

"Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson will be on the program tonight, he cut taxes blah blah blah, he has some good ideas, small government, low taxes blah blah but then we have some disagreements like legalizing POT! and heroin clinics! tune in tonight"

RCA
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
timey?

admin, media sub-forum?

JCF
05-07-2010, 06:47 PM
timey?

admin, media sub-forum?

Starts at 6 PST (13 minutes).

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Ugh, my brain hurts watching this shit.

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Ehh... Hannity isn't being too bad so far.

Still a gigantic douchebag though.

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Alright I guess, Hannity will forever be a social conservative, neocon dick sucking douche, but at least Gary got some good exposure.

Kevin_Kennedy
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Hannity is still trying to twist what Ron Paul said against Giuliani.

Chieftain1776
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Pretty good interview. Gary Johnson needs get quicker at throwing out his examples. He has them but doesn't pull them out fast enough.

First time in months I've watched Hannity.

trey4sports
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
whats with Johnson not backing ron paul on the last question?

Kevin_Kennedy
05-07-2010, 07:39 PM

He was trying to be non-committal. Basically dodged the question. He more than likely knew he wasn't going to get anywhere trying to argue the point with Hannity, and who knows if he even knew what Hannity was talking about. We can't expect everyone to remember one moment from a debate however many years ago.

Mike120170
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Agreed. I was very disappointed in the way he responded.

trey4sports
05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
When Rand dodges a Liberty question I just look at it like a Libertarian "playing ball" but when I see Gary do it, IDK. I just don't trust him like I do Rand and Ron. Not yet anyway.

With that said, he's still one hell of a presidential candidate.

Odin
05-07-2010, 08:01 PM
what exactly was the last question regarding Ron Paul and how did he respond?

Legend1104
05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
his last question was to this effect, "You voted for Ron Paul didn't you? So your a Ron Paul fan?" to which Johnson said to this effect, "I find him to be a very principled man etc..." Then Hannity said that he agrees with a lot of what Paul says except that he went on the deep end during the Guliani debate about bombing iraq etc. Then he said, "You did not agree with that did you?" Johnson did not say no but he kind of avoided the issue. I thought that is soooo funny that Hannity said that he agrees a lot with Ron Paul. Because he doesn't, yet I think he is having to change his tune because he is becoming so much more popular.

JohnnyRocko
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
He asked if he supported Ron Paul's position on blowback being the cause for terrorism in the US. He referenced the South Carolina Republican Primary debates between RP and Guiliani. GJ didn't answer the question but rather just said he didn't agree with RP on everything but was a big supporter or RP and a fan. It was a decent interview but I felt it meant to undermine GJ support in the eyes of the Hannity viewers.

Kotin
05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Tube??

JCF
05-07-2010, 10:59 PM
It was probably very controlled... And Johnson was probably told to avoid any serious debate; just listen to the guy's (Hannity's) radio show, he's a lightweight who falls back on the typical talking points and avoids taking on any points his callers make.

All I cared about was his name getting out there. Say what you will about Gary but he's a young guy that stands with us for the most part. I couldn't stand Hannity any longer, turned it off as soon as it was over.

Tube??

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4184561/countrys-most-controversial-republican/?playlist_id=86924

TortoiseDream
05-07-2010, 11:09 PM
He didn't really get to explain at the end, sux.

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I think Hannity was right about something, which was that Johnson will be the leading voice when Paul decides that he's done with politics. I trust him more than Rand, sorry. I know Johnson is much closer to what Paul believes than Rand, unless Rand is playing serious politics, which he would have to continue to do so even when he is elected, really.

JCF
05-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I think Hannity was right about something, which was that Johnson will be the leading voice when Paul decides that he's done with politics. I trust him more than Rand, sorry. I know Johnson is much closer to what Paul believes than Rand, unless Rand is playing serious politics, which he would have to continue to do so even when he is elected, really.

We just have to give Rand a chance, he has a good shot at winning and he's a young guy. He'll probably give us enough of a record to evaluate him within the next few years; plus Johnson doesn't seem as motivated by politics.

Uriel999
05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
where is the tube?!

low preference guy
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
We should get Rand to the Senate. If we don't, the liberty movement will be really hurt. If he wins, it'll motivate us to elect Schiff, Kokesh, Towne, and others. Give the guy a chance to show you his voting record before you judge him

.Tom
05-08-2010, 01:29 AM
How the fuck can this Hannity tool even claim to be for smaller government when he's not for legalizing a plant?

I mean the whole argument is not even about whether it's good or bad for you but whether you have the right to put whatever the fuck you want to into your own body.

How can he whine about the nanny state health care bill but also say we can't make our own choices about what we smoke?

The cognitive dissonance must be unbearable. Biggest fucking hypocrite on the face of the earth.

AbolishTheGovt
05-08-2010, 01:33 AM
where is the tube?!

Seconded.
I would like to see the Youtube of the full episode. Anyone have it? :)

jbuttell
05-08-2010, 01:49 AM
is this it? Just did a search on youtube... first one that popped up.

YouTube - Country's Most Controversial Republican? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18assjJKtXo)

Odin
05-08-2010, 01:59 AM
^^yeah but I don't think that is the whole interview.

EN81
05-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Gary Johnson seems a bit lackluster, and tends to go a bit "meh..." when he gets a question. He's very dull to listen to, and not exactly inspiring. He could have proclaimed himself a proud Goldwater conservative and talked about individual liberty, but no. That being said, I hope he improves and becomes President, as he's far better than the other likely candidates.

olehounddog
05-08-2010, 07:45 AM
What made you decide to be honest? I couldn't believe that ?. To ask a man why he is honest....Its just sad.

JohnEngland
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Behold! Both parts:

YouTube - Gary Johnson The New Ron Paul! pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsW4abdPg0)

YouTube - Gary Johnson The New Ron Paul! pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXaPIc5bMc)

MozoVote
05-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Such a typical "newstertainment" style interview. Trying to box the guest into saying something embarassing. Bleah. Hannity and FOX still suck.

(By the way, nice touch at the end ... "MOX News") :)

catdd
05-08-2010, 10:06 AM
There have been several tests that describe how marijuana is much safer than alcohol - especially when it comes to criminality.
I don't know if there has ever been a survey, but I'd dare say 75% of the people sitting in jails and prisons were drunk when they committed whatever crime put them there.
I don't do either anymore but I know the difference.

Dreamofunity
05-08-2010, 10:27 AM
"I think the Iraqies need to pay us back for their liberation (IE slaughter of a million civilians.)"

-Hannity

Quinn Rogness
05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
"I think the Iraqies need to pay us back for their liberation (IE slaughter of a million civilians.)"

-Hannity
His idea was that they would "Pay us in oil", how original, didn't they say the war would be paid for in oil when we first went in?

itshappening
05-08-2010, 11:31 AM
yeah but the payback thing allows Hannity an "out" to not be as supportive. I think we should indulge that and like Johnson says "that's what was meant to happen but it hasn't ", it allows cheerleaders to see the error of their ways in a humble manner even though the logic is ridiculous.

Baptist
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
We are going to make you pay us for murdering you.

paulitics
05-08-2010, 11:59 AM
So far, I'm not too impressed with Johnson's media appearances. He needs to start talking a little more about things other than pot. If he hasn't noticed, the country is on fire right now, and pot is not a real concern for most people.

I know it is a typical media tactic to talk about pot whenever a libertarian is on, but Johnson seems to have no problem with it, or even embraces the topic at the expense of more substantive issues like the Fed.

.Tom
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
So far, I'm not too impressed with Johnson's media appearances. He needs to start talking a little more about things other than pot. If he hasn't noticed, the country is on fire right now, and pot is not a real concern for most people.

I know it is a typical media tactic to talk about pot whenever a libertarian is on, but Johnson seems to have no problem with it, or even embraces the topic at the expense of more substantive issues like the Fed.

Pot is a big issue when you have millions of individuals rotting in cages for harming no one.

The War on Drugs is modern day slavery. It's the most important issue of our time.

johnrocks
05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I like the way Hannity does not mind hitting the bottle while opposing the right of others to smoke a joint, that is hypocritical as hell and the people of Iraq did not ask for our help, it's their oil, get over it Hannity.

treyfu
05-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Gary Johnson is so incredibly terrible at debating the issues. He may understand them in his own head, but the way he "debates", I'm surprised he can put one foot in front of the other.

Au-H2O
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Gary Johnson seems a bit lackluster, and tends to go a bit "meh..." when he gets a question. He's very dull to listen to, and not exactly inspiring. He could have proclaimed himself a proud Goldwater conservative and talked about individual liberty, but no. That being said, I hope he improves and becomes President, as he's far better than the other likely candidates.

I think that this kind of style could help him appeal to both sides of the political spectrum in a general election even though he may not be as inspiring to us as Ron, Rand, Schiff, Kokesh, etc

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Libertarian. Ron Paul. Hannity winks. Job done. His audience is programmed to react negatively to those key words.

TCE
05-08-2010, 01:21 PM
If he wants to get anywhere in a Republican Primary, he can only focus on these things:

Economy. National Debt. Spending. Jobs.

And maybe only the first three. Rand has turned those three words into a great campaign.

.Tom
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Funny how Hannity thinks they should pay us for murdering them.

Funny how they never agreed to be invaded, yet they should somehow pay us for it.

This guy is such a statist I want to puke.

1000-points-of-fright
05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I love how Hannity says he doesn't trust anything the government says when it comes to pot not being a gateway drug, but he'll believe it when it says pot should be illegal and Saddam has WMDs.

johnrocks
05-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I love how Hannity says he doesn't trust anything the government says when it comes to pot not being a gateway drug, but he'll believe it when it says pot should be illegal and Saddam has WMDs.

Yeah, they get nothing right but he embraces interventionism like a long lost lover when it comes to foreign policy and the War on Drugs, I thought the same thing 1000-points.

Old Ducker
05-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Hannity was clearly trying to bait Johnson into saying something that could be used against him in the future. He did a good job not taking the bait while avoiding being hypocritical. Hannity=fail.

Old Ducker
05-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Funny how Hannity thinks they should pay us for murdering them.

Funny how they never agreed to be invaded, yet they should somehow pay us for it.

This guy is such a statist I want to puke.

I found that revolting too. Not only is Hannity a world class chickenhawk but he supports looting conquered nations. He derives his foreign policy from Genghis Khan.

sratiug
05-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought this was a great interview for Gary Johnson, especially considering Hannity is insane.

Hannity should be confronted for saying you are not impaired with three drinks. Is he advocating drunk driving? Is he a terrist?

Lucille
05-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I thought this was a great interview for Gary Johnson, especially considering Hannity is insane.

Hannity should be confronted for saying you are not impaired with three drinks. Is he advocating drunk driving? Is he a terrist?

LOL...

And he's still whining about Paul taking 91ulian1 to school during the GOP debate.

silentshout
05-08-2010, 05:46 PM
think Johnson should run as an independent...I just don't honestly see these statist people voting for anyone who truly values liberty.
Ugh, it was painful for me to watch Hannity. He's such a pompous ass and his unabashed ignorance and hypocrisy regarding cannabis is so embarrassing and trite. And that comment about Iraq re-paying us for our war of aggression? omg...

.Tom
05-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Alcohol is way more intoxicating and dangerous than cannabis. There's no debating that.

So Hannity says something like "well if you just drink a little bit"... So if he trusts people to drink in moderation, why doesn't he trust people to smoke cannabis, which you can't overdose on no matter how hard you try?

Conservatives don't hate cannabis because they think it's dangerous or a gateway drug or whatever else they say - they hate it because they associate it with "liberals" and any lifestyle they associate with "liberals" should be banned. It's just a bunch of paranoia where they see anyone who has a different lifestyle then them as being part of some sort of "agenda". Like the "gay agenda", the "liberal agenda", etc.

They're kooks. Hannity's a nut. Debating him is pointless because he doesn't use logic or reason and just fearmongers and pulls ad hominems out of his ass or "for the children" bullshit.

I honestly think he is THE BIGGEST hypocrite in recent history.

Knightskye
05-09-2010, 12:34 AM
www.youtube.com/ watch?v=vo6NbulobBA#t=0m47s

BuddyRey
05-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I missed the interview. How was it?

Knightskye
05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I missed the interview. How was it?

I think it went pretty well. Hannity was impressed with Johnson's honesty and his record as governor. He took issue with his positions on prostitution and drugs, though -- the "Reagan Republican" that he is.

silus
05-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure when Hannity started licking Reagan's balls, but all this Reagan love, for me at least, seems to have come out of nowhere over these past few years.

fj45lvr
05-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure when Hannity started licking Reagan's balls, but all this Reagan love, for me at least, seems to have come out of nowhere over these past few years.

What did Reagan ever do besides talk??

muh_roads
05-10-2010, 01:00 AM
What did Reagan ever do besides talk??

Tripled the deficit.

Oh wait, you're looking for good things Reagan did? I have none. :p

JohnEngland
05-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Tripled the deficit.

Oh wait, you're looking for good things Reagan did? I have none. :p

Didn't Reagan repeal the "Fairness" Doctrine?

Fredom101
05-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Hannity got what he wanted here.
He had GJ conceding the premises here and playing right into Hannity's traps.

GJ admitted that he "only" wants to legalize MJ. Didn't mention the war on drugs.
GJ admitted that he didn't disagree with the premise of the war, just that it's costing us too much. We will never win these arguments until we go right to the morality of these issues.

For example, he could have talked about how locking up someone in a cage for holding a plant goes against any code of morality, and stealing money from people to pay for the killing of other people in a far away land is not something he would ever support.

GJ will go nowhere in the libertarian movement because he is already conceding lots of premises. Hell, he wouldn't even completely defend Ron Paul and insinuated that he disagreed that the bombing of the middle east in the 90's was a major cause of 9/11!

TCE
05-10-2010, 12:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

Not sure why people continuously forget about Reagan's amnesty bill. Anyway:

JohnEngland: It was a bit more complicated than the neo-cons claiming he just repealed it, but the FCC along with the Court of Appeals (led by Scalia and Robert Bork) struck parts of it down and Reagan vetoed a bill that would have reinstated it.

constituent
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Hannity got what he wanted here.
He had GJ conceding the premises here and playing right into Hannity's traps...
GJ will go nowhere in the libertarian movement because he is already conceding lots of premises.

Hey man, he was on hannity's show, and he will be seeking the republican nomination. With Gary Johnson, actions speak louder than words. He actually has a pro-liberty record that is available for all to examine.

Screw the "movement." Make up your own mind.

Fredom101
05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey man, he was on hannity's show, and he will be seeking the republican nomination. With Gary Johnson, actions speak louder than words. He actually has a pro-liberty record that is available for all to examine.

Screw the "movement." Make up your own mind.

Not really. The facts show that he is no where near as pro-liberty as Ron Paul. That's fine, he's a politician after all, but I'm just saying I wouldn't expect him to get very far in the liberty movement.

constituent
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Not really. The facts show that he is no where near as pro-liberty as Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is nowhere near as pro-liberty as "Ron Paul."

TCE
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Not really. The facts show that he is no where near as pro-liberty as Ron Paul. That's fine, he's a politician after all, but I'm just saying I wouldn't expect him to get very far in the liberty movement.

I sense some political answers coming from Gary Johnson. If asked in private, I'm thinking he would support legalizing all drugs and ending the Income Tax, he just knows that saying such things won't get you many votes. He isn't nearly as confrontational as Ron is, for instance, I can't see Gary Johnson casting a 1-434 vote in the House.

low preference guy
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I can't see Gary Johnson casting a 1-434 vote in the House.

I can't either because I can't see Gary even being in the house. He seems to like the Governor/executive type, not a legislator.

lx43
05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I want all drugs legalized, hell its your body. Wait.....no the govt owns your body, I forgot what country we are living in. lol Shame on me for thinking we actually have freedom.