PDA

View Full Version : Vitter to Offer Grayson/Paul Audit the Fed Amendment as Stand-Alone Amendment

bobbyw24
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM
While some are celebrating the Sandersí Audit the Fed compromise as a victory, Ron Paul isnít one of them. And according to the Matt Hawes of the Campaign for Liberty, David Vitter will be offering up the original Grayson-Paul amendment as a stand-alone amendment.

According to the Washington Post, the White House now supports the Sanders amendment.

Although Ron Paul called Bernie Sanders and asked him to offer the bill in the Senate in the first place, Bernie evidently didnít consult Paul or Grayson on his compromise. Paul found out about it when Bernie mentioned it from the floor of the Senate. Regardless of any merits of the Sanders amendment itself, procedurally it was not handled in a way that would insure left/right cooperation in the future. Thatís something we worked very hard to structure from the start of the Audit the Fed campaign over a year ago. And, I might add, it was the only reason Audit the Fed didnít suffer the fate of Kaufmanís ďbreak up the banksĒ amendment last night. They banks could work through the GOP to block it, giving cover to ConservaDems to support them. It got hammered, 61-39.

Further, Bernie Sanders was on CSPAN yesterday morning saying that there were going to be changes to the amendment in conference. What changes? Well, who know. Shelby, Dodd and Frank will probably be the conferees who decide how the House and Senate bills get resolved, even assuming the Sanders amendment passes. Celebrating language in an amendment even before itís been voted on seems a bit premature at best.

http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2010/05/07/vitter-to-offer-graysonpaul-audit-the-fed-amendment-as-stand-alone-amendment/

HOLLYWOOD
05-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Where's CNBC/MSNBC/NBC TV hack Dylan Ratigan on this 180 by Sanders?

The Banking Cabal aka The Clearing House aka The FEDERAL RESERVE got to Bernie Sanders.

May it will be put in granite those sellouts that vote against the Vitter bill.

BTW... Has anyone brought up that the House Financial Services Committee voted DOWN this Mel Watt Audit Amendment that Sanders now supports in his modified S604!

What are they Protecting/Hiding?

johnrocks
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Vitter does this and gets it passed, I may have to repay him with my vote.