PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm. Let's convert Jimmy Carter.

Starks
10-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Any thoughts?

Ron Paul Fan
10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, he would bring a lot of credibility to the campaign.

remaxjon
10-11-2007, 08:14 AM
raging liberal he and Paul will agree on almost nothing

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Iraq is probably about the only thing they might agree on. They wouldn't even agree on general foreign policy as Carter favors a very involved foreign policy (i.e. Darfur).

andrewgreve
10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Good luck getting that Bohemian Grove scum to support RP.

Adult swim version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSdGeBHI7BU

If anyone wants some real insight into what these people are up to, I recommend 'The Franklin Coverup' by John W. DeCamp.

RTsquared
10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Any thoughts?

Scarily enough, I was thinking about that this AM on the drive in to work.

I know Carter is heavily involved in some human-rights organizations (Amnesty International?), so one would think that Paul's call to restore habeas corpus to terror suspects would resonate. Also, as a major supporter of Habitat for Humanity, one would think Carter would have seen the abject failure of Katrina relief as opposed to what a private organization could do (and did).

It's a long shot...but defying the odds defines Ron Paul, correct?

jmdrake
10-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I lost all respect for Jimmy Carter when he and Jim Baker supported the idea of a NATIONAL ID CARD for voting!

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/BakerCarter_commission_recommends_national_v_0919. html

Also don't forget that Jimmy Carter initially approved the secret funding for the "mujahadeen" coalition that eventually became Al Qaeda.

http://www.counterpunch.org/brzezinski.html

(I know..I know....some Ron Paul supporters don't want to hear the "conspiracy theory" stuff even when it's documented facts.)

Regards,

John M. Drake

jeremycobert
10-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Any thoughts?

you're trying to get the republican nomination, Carter is seen as one of the worst presidents in history..... hmmmm any thoughts ...... :eek:

keep carter as far away from ron paul as possible, in fact make sure they are never in the same state.

fletcher
10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
you're trying to get the republican nomination, Carter is seen as one of the worst presidents in history..... hmmmm any thoughts ...... :eek:

keep carter as far away from ron paul as possible, in fact make sure they are never in the same state.

Exactly. Despite what the liberals that support Paul think, you cannot come anywhere close to winning the Republican nomination with just liberal supporters. You need Republican support, and Carter isn't going to bring it.

ksuguy
10-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Yep, I know that we have a lot of left leaning folks that support Ron, and that is great. However, we need to get the republican nomination. They don't always realize that associating Ron with Carter or Dennis Kucinich is a huge turnoff for conservative voters.

runderwo
10-11-2007, 09:36 AM
However, the Carter of today is the version of foreign diplomacy that Paul envisions. There is clearly no reason the government should have a monopoly on diplomatic engagement. It goes all the way back to when Adams and Franklin were envoys to France...

shadowhooch
10-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I heard Jimmy Carter on NPR 2 days ago and he sounded EXACTLY LIKE RON PAUL on Foreign Policy.

Unfortunately, he went on to say that not a single Presidential candidate is saying these things.

And when asked which candidate he would support, he wouldn't say. But he said he would back whoever the Democrat nominee is.

So, I don't think you can convert him. He is so "ra ra" for his party no matter if they agree with him or not. It is sad to see "intelligent" people not willing to open their eyes and back people based on ideas instead of party affiliation.

erowe1
10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Why not go for Osama Bin Ladin's endorsement while we're at it?

jmdrake
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Why not go for Osama Bin Ladin's endorsement while we're at it?

Oh don't worry. If Ron Paul starts doing TOO good expect a fake video from Bush's former business partner.

erowe1
10-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Let's wait until after RP gets the GOP nomination and then convert Carter, but not before.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I heard Jimmy Carter on NPR 2 days ago and he sounded EXACTLY LIKE RON PAUL on Foreign Policy.

Unfortunately, he went on to say that not a single Presidential candidate is saying these things.

And when asked which candidate he would support, he wouldn't say. But he said he would back whoever the Democrat nominee is.

So, I don't think you can convert him. He is so "ra ra" for his party no matter if they agree with him or not. It is sad to see "intelligent" people not willing to open their eyes and back people based on ideas instead of party affiliation.

yup. he's very ignorant. he was talking about how he "cured" diseases on Morning Joe... bull crap

LibertyEagle
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Uh... do you guys want to win the Republican nomination? If you do, this doesn't seem a wise path to go down. Carter wasn't exactly a good President and that is putting it mildly.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Uh... do you guys want to win the Republican nomination? If you do, this doesn't seem a wise path to go down. Carter wasn't exactly a good President and that is putting it mildly.

couldn't have been as bad as dubya Bush lol