PDA

View Full Version : Feds step in and block Hutaree bail release

Anti Federalist
05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Can't have these folks out talking to the press now, can we?

US appeals court issues emergency stay to keep militia members in jail pending appeal

Thu, 2010-05-06 12:24.
By: Ed White, The Associated Press

DETROIT - A federal appeals court has stopped the release of nine jailed militia members accused of conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.

The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati issued an emergency stay Thursday morning.

The nine were expected to be returned to U.S. District Court in Detroit to be processed before being released until trial but the appeals court keeps them in jail. The defence has until 5 p.m. to respond.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said in a ruling late Wednesday that she would not further suspend her Monday order releasing the militia members under strict guidelines, including electronic monitoring and curfews.

The defendants are charged with conspiracy to commit sedition, or rebellion, against the government and the attempted use of weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.cjad.com/news/56/1127823

ChooseLiberty
05-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see who on that circuit court issued the order.

Would probably be very telling.

Mach
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Here's some Mr.Grigg.

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2010/05/murder-as-punchline.html

Here, in its entirely, is the "evidence" adduced by the prosecutors to substantiate the supposed plot to kill police and then ambush the mourners, gleaned from a recorded conversation that occurred on February 20:

David Stone:

Or, or better yet, we shoot one, from a distance, high powered rifle, you sit back you take him out -- you go, kapop! -- You just shoot one. And then you just kind sit back, they'll pack out a huntin' [sic] for ya. Try to find out who you are, but they have this thing, that everybody has, and it's called a funeral. Now for that funeral, you'll have cops from every state of the country come where? To his funeral.

[...]

Why not just take care of the situation? Kabunk! Kabunk! [Sound effect]

[...]

I'm thinkin' IEDs and you just blow the whole convoy up. Boom!

[...]
Kristopher Sickles

Sneak in their house, poison their milk.

[...]

David Stone

No, no, you set their house on fire and you have another team sitting back watching the local fire department try and come down the road and it's just pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! As trucks go baba, "we're over heating," Rrrr [sound effect]. "Hey, we're not gonna make it to this fire."

[...]

I mean, there's a hundred and one scenarios you could use.

(End of excerpts.)

The ellipses in the excerpt above are from the original transcript, as provided to Judge Roberts by the prosecution. We're not reading a conversation; we're being fed lurid soundbites carefully juxtaposed in a way intended to elicit maximum outrage with minimal detail.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I'm off to federal prison if anybody records MY private conversations.

:D

Here's some Mr.Grigg.

Here, in its entirely, is the "evidence" adduced by the prosecutors to substantiate the supposed plot to kill police and then ambush the mourners, gleaned from a recorded conversation that occurred on February 20:

David Stone:

Or, or better yet, we shoot one, from a distance, high powered rifle, you sit back you take him out -- you go, kapop! -- You just shoot one. And then you just kind sit back, they'll pack out a huntin' [sic] for ya. Try to find out who you are, but they have this thing, that everybody has, and it's called a funeral. Now for that funeral, you'll have cops from every state of the country come where? To his funeral.

[...]

Why not just take care of the situation? Kabunk! Kabunk! [Sound effect]

[...]

I'm thinkin' IEDs and you just blow the whole convoy up. Boom!

[...]
Kristopher Sickles

[...]

David Stone

No, no, you set their house on fire and you have another team sitting back watching the local fire department try and come down the road and it's just pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! As trucks go baba, "we're over heating," Rrrr [sound effect]. "Hey, we're not gonna make it to this fire."

[...]

I mean, there's a hundred and one scenarios you could use.

(End of excerpts.)

The ellipses in the excerpt above are from the original transcript, as provided to Judge Roberts by the prosecution. We're not reading a conversation; we're being fed lurid soundbites carefully juxtaposed in a way intended to elicit maximum outrage with minimal detail.

Philhelm
05-07-2010, 12:12 AM
You know, I'm sure everyone has said things that could be misconstrued. Hell, after watching a movie, people could talk about how they'd pull off a particular heist, commit an act of terror, or whatever other criminal act that had occured in the movie. It doesn't mean that they would actually do such. I don't know the full story here, obviously, but it all seems suspicious to me. Maybe they were plotting an attack, or maybe they just enjoy talking about hypothetical anit-government actions.

For instance, years ago a friend and I were discussing how we would rob a bank. I said that I'd skip the police chases which are a losing situation, and use the sewers to exit in a far off location where I'd hide a change of clothes and so forth. We never had any intention of robbing a bank, and never will, but we enjoyed talking about it, just for the sake of idea generation. If a fed were listening to the conversation, I guess I would have been arrested for conspiring to commit a bank robbery. Context is key. I'll probably get arrested for posting this now.

Also, a factor that really pisses me off is the WMD charge. I mean, really? Really?! If that sticks, then I will testify to having personally handled hundreds of WMD's in Iraq.

adolescents
05-07-2010, 04:47 AM
This is all bullshit. They're being railroaded.

Anti Federalist
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
///

pcosmar
05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
You know, I'm sure everyone has said things that could be misconstrued.

What they said is not misconstrued.
What is "claimed" they said is being falsified.

They have claimed to be preparing for a conflict with an Unconstitutional Government, a ONE World Government. The NWO.

The only "Bombs" were made by the Agent Provocateur. The WMDs were cardboard tubes filled with black Powder.

There were NO PLANS to kill police, just talk of various (fictitious) tactical scenarios. Likely conversations started by or directed by the said "agent".

Their arrest was a Media show. They were set up at a prepared location without their arms, (a wake/funeral). All the Helicopters, Armored vehicles, Manpower etc. was unnecessary, purely for media consumption.

They should be released immediately, their property returned and profuse apologies made.
Those responsible for this atrocity should be arrested, charged and tried for Violation of Civil Rights under the Color of Law.

eta;
BTW, when this all happened, equipment was readied nationwide. Guns were loaded. Millions of them.
They still are. Many eyes are watching this.

For Federal reference. http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/05/guest-editorial-resistance-is-futile.html

Mach
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
What they said is not misconstrued.
What is "claimed" they said is being falsified.

They have claimed to be preparing for a conflict with an Unconstitutional Government, a ONE World Government. The NWO.

The only "Bombs" were made by the Agent Provocateur. The WMDs were cardboard tubes filled with black Powder.

There were NO PLANS to kill police, just talk of various (fictitious) tactical scenarios. Likely conversations started by or directed by the said "agent".

Their arrest was a Media show. They were set up at a prepared location without their arms, (a wake/funeral). All the Helicopters, Armored vehicles, Manpower etc. was unnecessary, purely for media consumption.

They should be released immediately, their property returned and profuse apologies made.
Those responsible for this atrocity should be arrested, charged and tried for Violation of Civil Rights under the Color of Law.

eta;
BTW, when this all happened, equipment was readied nationwide. Guns were loaded.
They still are. Many eyes are watching this.

For Federal reference. http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/05/guest-editorial-resistance-is-futile.html

Damn Straight.

The seems like the government works more on character assassination than anything to prove "guilt."

Anti Federalist
05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
///

phill4paul
05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I'm off to federal prison if anybody records MY private conversations.

:D

Guess you and I both better clam up! The Pentagon does this regularly. They walk through a scenario regarding Russia or China or frikken any an everything. Would the war games scenarios they work out be considered evidence that they intended war on these countries?

If by the definition of the Feds that planning and training and theorizing scenarios is tantamount to action then their are a whole bunch of brass caps that need to be brought in.

Inflation
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
What about habeas corpus?

This is legalized kidnapping!

Between this, the dead 7 year old in Detroit (killed for A&E's sweeps week ratings), and the SWAT vs Corgi video, Americans are getting royally pissed off.

Tick...
Tick....
Tick.....

jclay2
05-17-2010, 06:28 PM
No way this is going to hold up. How does a one paragraph conversation (without context mind you), set these people up for life in prison?

osan
05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
DETROIT - A federal appeals court has stopped the release of nine jailed militia members accused of conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government.

Anyone else here taking in just how utterly ridiculously this reads?

Can you picture it - the 9 Hutaree taking over the whitehouse and capitol and telling us all what to do?

The defendants are charged with conspiracy to commit sedition, or rebellion, against the government and the attempted use of weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, the plan was to eat at Taco Bell until there was no room left and then hold the nation hostage at fart-point. I say throw the book at them. And a bottle of Bean-0.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Anyone else here taking in just how utterly ridiculously this reads?

It's all about setting the proper "tone".

That being:

Even the mildest of criticism that we consider to be outside the bounds that we arbitrarily set and define, will be met with a swift and brutal response.

jmdrake
05-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Here's some Mr.Grigg.

Oh come on! This is just getting retarded.

michaelwise
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
All facts to be tried according to the 7th amendment under common law. The group should demand a common law jury.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
All facts to be tried according to the 7th amendment under common law. The group should demand a common law jury.

Yeah, and while they're at it, they should demand wax wings to fly out of the prison yard with.

The system is not going to give it's political prisoners a fair trial, that's already been made clear by denying bail even though the presiding judge demanded their release.

phill4paul
07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
//

Any updates?