PDA

View Full Version : They are going to try swiftboating Rand!!!

Matt Collins
05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Looks like they are going to try to swiftboat Rand:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftboating

They are going to do it both in the methods described in the link above, and also using this technique:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Please get to know and understand these ideas so that you can recognize them and work to combat them.

Michigan11
05-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Bump!

Time to spread to all donors to donate today.... Emails going out

FSP-Rebel
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Trey swiftboats himself by opening his mouth.

Matt Collins
05-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Trey swiftboats himself by opening his mouth.But that's the beauty of swiftboating...

The opponent isn't the one doing it, so he is not the one who receives blowback for the negative ads.

Dreamofunity
05-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I think you should post this on the top 10 posts just so everyone can be sure to see it, regardless of how relevent it is to the topic.

bobbyw24
05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Congressman Ron Paul

Dear Friend,

It looks like the establishment is really desperate to keep my son Rand out of the Senate. Dick Cheney, Rudy Giuliani and Rick Santorum were already backing his opponent. And, as you probably know, Senator Mitch McConnell joined the party this week and endorsed Rand's establishment-backed opponent Trey Grayson. Senator McConnell is now doing TV ads for Grayson statewide.

But it gets far, far worse than that. That's why I'm writing you this urgent email today.

They're trying to "Swift Boat" Rand.

That's right, the shadowy groups that seem to come out whenever the establishment is threatened are here. They're on the ground in Kentucky. They're going on the air today with a HUGE six figure buy of THIS attack ad.

The ad is meant to sabotage Rand. And they have the money to do it.

So far, the group has put over $100,000 on the air. But that's a drop in the bucket for them. The last time the group came into a state, they dropped over $1 million dollars.

You and I simply must help Rand fight back. This is a do or die moment for his campaign.

He has been able to match Grayson and his allies up to now, and it's why he's winning. But now, they've opened a new front, and Rand must be able to respond.

But without your help today, everything we've worked for so far could be undone by these shadowy, special-interest backed groups.

Please answer the call to action today by donating to Rand's campaign. There are only 11 days left, and he desperately needs your help.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. In case you need more convincing that these groups are the establishment and are serious: Their "leadership" team? Grayson's POLLSTER and his MEDIA TEAM. This is nothing less than a clear attempt by Grayson to skirt the law and trash Rand anonymously. YOU AND I CANNOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THIS OUTRAGE! Please click HERE to donate to Rand's campaign and help him fight back!

Eryxis
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Thank you for your donation.

SilentBull
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
"Thank you for your generous donation to Rand Paul for US Senate. Your contributions provide the fuel for a well coordinated, effective, and successful campaign. With your help, we will bring honesty, responsibility, and constitutional leadership to Washington D.C.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $50.00"

There was a big spike in donations right after that email was sent.

sb10
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Sent in my $$. I have been keeping my powder dry for precisely this kind of thing.

skyorbit
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I posted the following note on my facebook account, and tagged all my friends. If everybody here does the same, we'll bring in $1 Million. Sound's like he needs $1 Million more, because this group is a bottomless pit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Please Repost this. We are extremely close to getting a Constitutional Conservative in the US Senate. The establishment is now pulling out the big guns. Read below, and donate to Rand Paul's campaign if you have the resources.
http://www.randpaul2010.com/donate

Dear Friend,

It looks like the establishment is really desperate to keep my son Rand out of the Senate. Dick Cheney, Rudy Giuliani and Rick Santorum were already backing his opponent. And, as you probably know, Senator Mitch McConnell joined the party this week and endorsed Rand's establishment-backed opponent Trey Grayson. Senator McConnell is now doing TV ads for Grayson statewide.

But it gets far, far worse than that. That's why I'm writing you this urgent email today.

They're trying to "Swift Boat" Rand.

That's right, the shadowy groups that seem to come out whenever the establishment is threatened are here. They're on the ground in Kentucky. They're going on the air today with a HUGE six figure buy of THIS attack ad.

YouTube - American Future Fund (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MePZmyK96tI)

The ad is meant to sabotage Rand. And they have the money to do it.

Please re post this:
So far, the group has put over $100,000 on the air. But that's a drop in the bucket for them. The last time the group came into a state, they dropped over $1 million dollars.

You and I simply must help Rand fight back. This is a do or die moment for his campaign.

He has been able to match Grayson and his allies up to now, and it's why he's winning. But now, they've opened a new front, and Rand must be able to respond.

But without your help today, everything we've worked for so far could be undone by these shadowy, special-interest backed groups.

Please answer the call to action today by donating to Rand's campaign. There are only 11 days left, and he desperately needs your help.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

ItsTime
05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
That's the ad they are going to use? LMAO It is almost like Rand Paul has already won the election and they want him to do something different when he goes to the Senate.