PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul, Jim Demint and the GOP by The Southern Avenger

BamaFanNKy
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
YouTube - SA@TAC - Rand Paul, Jim DeMint and the GOP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWeBbqJy3QI)

TER
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
another excellent piece by the Southern Avenger...

Imaginos
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Excellent video!
Good job!

sofia
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM
i still dont trust DeMint...

He sold out Hostettler by endorsing a spolier like Stulzman

Fozz
05-06-2010, 10:02 PM

Jim DeMint isn't perfect. I think the reason he didn't support Hostettler was because he already served in the House, and DeMint wanted a young, fresh conservative to get elected, not someone who already spent years in DC.

sofia
05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Jim DeMint isn't perfect. I think the reason he didn't support Hostettler was because he already served in the House, and DeMint wanted a young, fresh conservative to get elected, not someone who already spent years in DC.

DeMint's silence regarding Peter Schiff is deafening.....and Schiff is anti-Roe v Wade and he is runnning against 2 RINO's

Fozz
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
DeMint's silence regarding Peter Schiff is deafening.....and Schiff is anti-Roe v Wade and he is runnning against 2 RINO's

If Schiff talks up any anti-Roe views, then he cannot get elected in CT.

A DeMint endorsement probably won't bode very well in a state where only liberal Dems and RINOs can get elected, as well as despicable statists like Joe Lieberman.

low preference guy
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM

i don't think that's the reason. on other thread someone asked Senate Conservative Fund why didn't they endorse Hostettler, and they responded that Hostettler didn't respond to their questionnaire, so they weren't able to consider him.

Matt Collins
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Jack needs to use better pictures of Rand in his videos.

BamaFanNKy
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Jack needs to use better pictures of Rand in his videos.

Oh lord. Someone feels left out since Mica's pic was used and not his own. :D

Do we have a Matt Collins/Jack Hunter photo?

BamaFanNKy
05-06-2010, 11:12 PM
FWIW, I want a button that just says "Endorsed by Matt Collins" for election night.

Matt Collins
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Do we have a Matt Collins/Jack Hunter photo?Sadly no. He did meet me in Atlanta (even shook his hand ha ha ha) but forgot that he wanted a pic with me. So the weekend ended without him getting one. I'm sure he'll run into me at another liberty event fairly soon.

Matt Collins
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
FWIW, I want a button that just says "Endorsed by Matt Collins" for election night.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010/5488_106427056684_503461684_2663-1.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM

DeMint endorsed Stutzman long before Ron Paul endorsed Hostettler. DeMint might say that we were the spoilers. I don't need to point out that I endlessly bumped a thread about DeMint's SCF poll on that race (before his endorsement of Stutzman), and we could hardly get anyone to even vote in DeMint's poll. If Hostettler had gotten enough votes in DeMint's poll, things might have been different.

erowe1
05-07-2010, 12:00 PM

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure one reason he endorsed Stutzman was to hamper Hostettler's chances, and that foreign policy was a big part of why he did.

erowe1
05-07-2010, 12:07 PM
DeMint endorsed Stutzman long before Ron Paul endorsed Hostettler. DeMint might say that we were the spoilers. I don't need to point out that I endlessly bumped a thread about DeMint's SCF poll on that race (before his endorsement of Stutzman), and we could hardly get anyone to even vote in DeMint's poll. If Hostettler had gotten enough votes in DeMint's poll, things might have been different.

Maybe we could have. But that was a push poll. The wording of it made abundantly clear that Stutzman was the guy he wanted people to vote for, which poll takers dutifully did. It also listed opposition to the Iraq War as the thing conservatives should have against Hostettler. Maybe enough votes for Hostettler could have stopped the endorsement. But Demint was showing his cards already and definitely trying to influence conservatives away from Hostettler.