PDA

View Full Version : chipin for Ron Paul "care" packages

Sematary
10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Here is what I hope to accomplish:

I want to deliver NE Ct. to Ron Paul in the upcoming primaries in February. To that end, I am going to put together packages to be delivered door to door that will include dvd's, statement of faith, slimjims, bumper stickers and other printed materials. The purpose is to get the word to people who may not be predisposed to finding RON PAUL on the internet, or who do not own or use computers. I want to put as much material in front of them as possible to help them make an educated decision and to encourage them to register Republican and vote in the primaries.

Materials I need to accomplish this:
DVD's
manilla envelopes
paper (lots of paper)
ink cartridges
dvd labels
regular labels
things I haven't thought of yet but probably will
I'm hoping to begin by getting enough together to do a minimum of 500 packages and distribute them on foot.

The chipin link: http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/ron-paul-care-packages

Thanks in advance for your help.
How do I get the widget embed code to work here?

Sematary
10-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Who wants to be the first to chip in?

chowda
10-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I added you to my chipin page... I can make the "Organized by" header a link if you tell me where you'd like it to link to.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

Sematary
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I added you to my chipin page... I can make the "Organized by" header a link if you tell me where you'd like it to link to.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I didn't see the graph. Maybe it takes awhile to show?
No, I don't have a link. /shrug

I see it now. :)

chowda
10-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I didn't see the graph. Maybe it takes awhile to show?
No, I don't have a link. /shrug

I see it now. :)

yeah... the entire site is refreshed and built from source every 3 minutes.. sometimes I jump the gun and post in the forum before the build triggers...

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Let me take this opportunity to air one concern I have: Let's not get so much money going on the Chipins that we starve the campaign. Ideally, these chipins would be mostly populated by people who are already capped in direct contributions.

Edit: The campaign has proven that they are fantastic stewards of our money. Every quarter they prove how thrifty they are, so donations to them are bound to have a heavy impact.

chowda
10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Let me take this opportunity to air one concern I have: Let's not get so much money going on the Chipins that we starve the campaign. Ideally, these chipins would be mostly populated by people who are already capped in direct contributions.

Yeah, there's a note at the top of the page about that... I've got over $1k left to donate to the campaign before I start doing chipins myself.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 09:10 AM

I think that's a given. There seem to be plenty of supporters who can't give to the campaign any longer though. I'm still hoping for that first donation. I really think I can make NE Ct. a winner for RP

Sematary
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
bump

BW4Paul
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Just a thought- I'm not so sure about including a Statement of Faith in the care packages. Such a thing can really turn off people who take a hard line of separation between church and state. I think it would be far wiser to save those for church parking lots, only. :)

Sematary
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Just a thought- I'm not so sure about including a Statement of Faith in the care packages. Such a thing can really turn off people who take a hard line of separation between church and state. I think it would be far wiser to save those for church parking lots, only. :)

I know my area pretty well - I don't think the statement of faith will do anything but serve to help.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 11:38 AM
am I the only one who thinks this will help me deliver NE Ct. to Ron Paul?
Hell, I won't even have to hack those damn diebold machines. ;-)

hopeforamerica
10-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I just tried to chip in and it had a broken link?

chowda
10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm all for it... although I agree about leaving the statement of faith out.. to each there own... I'd give you a few bucks... but I'm not maxed out yet and the campaign needs it more right now... If/When I'm able to max out I'll start donating weekly to chipin's that are nearing their deadline.

chowda
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM

I've noticed that on some others... seems like a problem on the chipin server...

Sematary
10-11-2007, 11:46 AM

My paypal address is interleave1@earthlink.net
:D
Is it something I did wrong on the chipin site, you think?

McDermit
10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Have you thought about doing just a few pieces of lit.. and then including your phone number along with the official site, with a note telling anyone that if they want more info, to contact you personally and you'll get it to them?

When I do church lots, I print the statement of faith out with my name/number/email at the bottom, along with a note saying I can be contated to answer questions or provide more info/materials. (Actually, we use my ex's name/number. She has 3 phone lines. We took the secondary office line and turned it into a dedicated RP line. But you could just use your home or cell number.)

I've only done 2 Church lots... about 230 cars total, and we've gotten over 20 calls, ALL from older people who don't use the net. Not bad, since you have to figure that a bunch of people do have internet access.

Someone had suggested a pre-paid postcard that people can just fill out their name and address on if they want more info. I don't know how the cost would compare, but I imagine it'd be cheaper than delivering a huge packet to every single household.

hopeforamerica
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
My paypal address is interleave1@earthlink.net
:D
Is it something I did wrong on the chipin site, you think?

I have no idea, but I just chipped in via email.:D

Sematary
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Have you thought about doing just a few pieces of lit.. and then including your phone number along with the official site, with a note telling anyone that if they want more info, to contact you personally and you'll get it to them?

When I do church lots, I print the statement of faith out with my name/number/email at the bottom, along with a note saying I can be contated to answer questions or provide more info/materials. (Actually, we use my ex's name/number. She has 3 phone lines. We took the secondary office line and turned it into a dedicated RP line. But you could just use your home or cell number.)

I've only done 2 Church lots... about 230 cars total, and we've gotten over 20 calls, ALL from older people who don't use the net. Not bad, since you have to figure that a bunch of people do have internet access.

Someone had suggested a pre-paid postcard that people can just fill out their name and address on if they want more info. I don't know how the cost would compare, but I imagine it'd be cheaper than delivering a huge packet to every single household.

I distribute alot of literature in this area but there are alot of older people here who have probably never heard of Ron Paul and they tend to vote Republican so I want to give them ALL the information I can.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I have no idea, but I just chipped in via email.:D

Ya, I don't get it. The information is correct. I don't know why the disconnect.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
It seems they fixed it. :-)

Sematary
10-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Alright, now we're talking! $25 thru chipin and $10 straight up. Thankyou guys.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 04:57 PM
bump. If you can - I could really use the support. :-)

Sematary
10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
No, really! ;-)

Thunderbolt
10-11-2007, 06:11 PM

It would turn me off completely and I never would have gotten to the DVD or any of the rest of it. I live in huge Mormon community but I am not Mormon. I am also the most hard working Ron Paul supporter in the area.

I don't think it is worth the risk. You also risk really offending people of other faiths and atheists. Why not leave that out and just hand that thing out at churches and places where you know you won't offend anyone. Unless you live in a evangelical compound, you cannot be sure of who all your neighbors are.

Do a double dip - hand out the packages and then go to the churches and hand out the statement of faith. They say people need to hear things a few times before it sinks in.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
It would turn me off completely and I never would have gotten to the DVD or any of the rest of it. I live in huge Mormon community but I am not Mormon. I am also the most hard working Ron Paul supporter in the area.

I don't think it is worth the risk. You also risk really offending people of other faiths and atheists. Why not leave that out and just hand that thing out at churches and places where you know you won't offend anyone. Unless you live in a evangelical compound, you cannot be sure of who all your neighbors are.

Do a double dip - hand out the packages and then go to the churches and hand out the statement of faith. They say people need to hear things a few times before it sinks in.

As I said earlier - I understand the demographic I am working with. The majority of the people I am going to see are older, church going, REPUBLICANS. The statement of faith is PERFECT for them.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

P.S. - I'm an atheist and it doesn't bother me in the least. Also, if I am HIDING stuff from people and then they find out about it LATER - THEN they will be pissed. I will present Ron Paul as he is and allow people to make up their own minds based on the truth.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
These forums are growing FAST!!! Page 3 already? ;-)

LibertyEagle
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Sematary:

Which DVD were you planning to include?

Sematary
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Sematary:

Which DVD were you planning to include?

Had not decided yet. I have a couple but I'd probably want something a little more current than what I have right now.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I've had 2 donations. Anyone want to make it 3?

hopeforamerica
10-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Come on guys! Help Sematary out. He does soooo much for Ron Paul.