PDA

View Full Version : Urgent call to action! Sanders selling out on audit!!

sailingaway
05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm doing this from my phone and don't know how to post Ron Pauls video but it is front page daily Paul

Cowlesy
05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
//

Ninja Homer
05-07-2010, 07:13 AM
There's a couple other threads on this already, but this subject warrants it. Here's the video:

YouTube - Sanders Amendment Update (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7II2diHymv4)

sailingaway
05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks, Ninja, I couldn't find it. Firedoglake is on it, too, but the papers are basically saying 'oh well, this is one the populists lost' as if the bill were good even without it. (Right, a bill Goldman Sachs WANTS is good....)

Chester Copperpot
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I just called Sanders office and the girl answering the phone is telling me "Oh theyre still doing an audit... thats still in place."

And I had to explain to her NO it is not in place.. YOu got rid of the provisions of S.604 and are only going to audit the bailout nonsense... but if you get rid of the S.604 provisions there is NO audit..

I said "Ya know sometimes theyll count how many paper clips the fed has and call that an audit too."

They sounded busy like they were getting swamped with calls..

I told her I was very disappointed in bernie

Chester Copperpot
05-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Eveyrbody should call this fucker

Senator Bernie Sanders, Washington DC office:
(202) 224-5141

specsaregood
05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Do we have a fwd'able paragraph somewhere? Detailed breakdown of the change and what we want them to do instead?

Has Demint reintroduced the original legislation?

Chester Copperpot
05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Do we have a fwd'able paragraph somewhere? Detailed breakdown of the change and what we want them to do instead?

Has Demint reintroduced the original legislation?

I believe its the same thing kucinich was proposing.. just an audit of the emergency bailoutss..

I read on DP that Sen. Vitter was supposed to reintroduce S.604 as a stand alone bill.

And 1 hour ago, Obama is now magically in support of the audit bill which Bernie removed the S.604 language from.. God damn mother fuckers.

Cowlesy
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Eveyrbody should call this fucker

Senator Bernie Sanders, Washington DC office:
(202) 224-5141

Thanks Mike. Will call him today.

specsaregood
05-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I believe its the same thing kucinich was proposing.. just an audit of the emergency bailoutss..

I read on DP that Sen. Vitter was supposed to reintroduce S.604 as a stand alone bill.

And 1 hour ago, Obama is now magically in support of the audit bill which Bernie removed the S.604 language from.. God damn mother fuckers.

Right, what I'm saying is we need a detailed call to arms. So people calling legislators can be informed.
1. What was changed
2. What exactly we want supported
3. A brief writeup that can be fwded and sent.

I'd work on it, but I'm a bit swamped this morning.

low preference guy
05-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Right, what I'm saying is we need a detailed call to arms. So people calling legislators can be informed.
1. What was changed

sailingaway at the Daily Paul wrote this:

Senator Boxer,

You previously took a stand, cosponsoring S604 to meaningfully expand audits of the federal reserve. Now I understand the original sponsor, Senator Sanders, may be accepting a complete white wash passed off as an audit.

I understand that his "compromise" is what the banking interests have been pushing for all along - they'll allow the TARP and TALF to be audited, but no transparency of monetary policy decisions,discount window operations or agreement with foreign central banks. We need you to take aciton and stop this!

The amendment limits the audit only to emergency lending, the GAO would be barred from looking at the Fed's foreign central bank swaps and its purchasing of mortgage debt from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which is considered part of open market operations and not emergency lending.

This is outrageous! Please insist on the audit language passed in the House, drawn from HR 1207, the House version of the S 604 you cosponsored.

Thank you!

I think he forgot to add that the modified version is a one-time only audit.

JoshLowry
05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
1. What was changed

I'll send an email out if someone wants to work on this.

Chester Copperpot
05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
We need a list of all the senate co-sponsors along with their DC phone numbers...