PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin turns her back on the Tea Party movement in California

Brian4Liberty
05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
The clear Tea Party favorite for US Senate in California is Chuck DeVore. Sarah Palin came out today in support of DeVore's rival in the GOP Primary, establishment (and John McCain) favorite Carly Fiorina.

This should come as no surprise, as both Palin and Fiorina are members of John McCain's inner-circle. But it may come as a surprise to Tea Party supporters and grassroots conservative activists, who have enthusiastically supported and identified with Chuck DeVore. Those who have embraced Sarah Palin as a spokesperson for the Tea Party movement will be re-evaluating that media enhanced label now that she has betrayed the candidate favored by a variety of grassroots organizations, including the Tea Party, Jim DeMint's Senate Conservatives Fund and 912 Project activists.

From Sarah Palin:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=386510153434

I’d like to tell you about a Commonsense Conservative running for office in California this year. She grew up in a modest home with a school teacher dad, worked her way through several colleges, and then entered an arena where few women had tread. Through a combination of hard work, perseverance, and common sense, she proved the naysayers wrong to reach the top of her field, where she led with distinction – facing hard truths, making tough decisions, and showing real leadership through a rocky transition period. Where others had failed, her company had weathered the storm and settled on a stronger new foundation.

Her name is Carly Fiorina, and I’m proud to endorse her for U.S. Senate.

Odin
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Palin's a moron. Here's why she likes Fiorina:
YouTube - McCain will 'balance budget by 2013' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWnqudCWI)

TruckinMike
05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
No surprise here... she endorsed the GOP's lover boy - slick Rick Perry over Tea Party Candidate Debra Medina (for Governor of Texas). Palin is a GOP HACK. -- Lets not forget she was paid $100,000 to speak at the GOP controlled (and bogus) national tea party. Go figure...

TMike

purplechoe
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/E/3/Palin-Mocks-Teleprompter.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
TRENDING: Palin irks her supporters with California endorsement
Posted: May 6th, 2010 03:42 PM ET

Washington (CNN) – Sarah Palin broke ranks with the conservative movement on Thursday and endorsed former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina in California's Republican Senate primary, prompting a flurry of criticism from many of her loyal supporters.

After Palin announced the endorsement on her Facebook page, a number of her followers questioned why she would side with Fiorina instead of the more conservative candidate in the race, Assemblyman Chuck DeVore.

DeVore has the backing of several leading voices in the conservative movement, including Sen. Jim DeMint, RedState.com editor Erick Erickson and the Tea Party Express.

Though a handful of readers agreed with Palin's decision, most were upset.

"This is very, very disappointing," Rick Sheridan, one of her supporters, posted on Palin's page. "Sarah, you've got to be more careful. This woman does not represent conservative values. And the choice is so clear. Serious damage to your base here."

"Wow, Sarah...I'm saddened and shocked by your decision to endorse Carly Fiorina," commented another backer, Jennifer Goode. "Had you done your research, you would have found that Chuck DeVore is the ONLY true conservative in the California Senate race."

Also in the GOP race is former Rep. Tom Campbell, who has maintained a steady lead over his opponents in recent polls. The Republican nominee will take on Sen. Barbara Boxer in the general election.

The former Alaska governor explained her decision to wade into the primary by taking a shot at Campbell - but she made no mention of DeVore.

"I'm a huge proponent of contested primaries, so I'm glad to see the contest in California's GOP, but I support Carly as she fights through a tough primary against a liberal member of the GOP who seems to bear almost no difference to Boxer, one of the most leftwing members of the Senate," Palin wrote.

DeVore spokesman Joshua Trevino said the swift reaction from conservatives online speaks for itself.

"I think the best I can do is point you toward the responses from the conservative base on Palin's Facebook page, and on Twitter: there's a lot of them respectfully but firmly telling the former Governor that she's been misled here. And they're right," he said in an email.

Palin also irked some conservatives earlier this year when she endorsed Sen. John McCain, who elevated Palin to the national stage, in his Senate primary battle against former Rep. J.D. Hayworth.

Her loyalty to McCain may have been a factor in the California race, as well. Fiorina was one of McCain's economic advisers during the presidential campaign, and last year she told reporters: "I share Sarah Palin's values."

UPDATE: Fiorina's team disputed the notion that Palin's endorsement is inconsistent with the the Tea Party movement. Spokeswoman Julie Soderlund pointed to a recent Field Poll that found Tea Party supporters prefer Fiorina over Campbell and DeVore.

"Whether or not Chuck DeVore wants to admit it, Carly is a conservative and political outsider," Soderlund said.

Campbell's campaign, meanwhile, said the endorsement is nothing more than an "IOU from the 2008 election cycle."

"California voters are not buying that a failed CEO can be an effective U.S. Senator," a Campbell spokesman said. "Voters are looking for a Republican with a balance of experience, a real record fighting wasteful federal spending and the ability to defeat Barbara Boxer - and poll after poll says that Republican is Tom Campbell."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/06/palin-irks-her-supporters-with-california-endorsement/?fbid=0lBeRS7PCQI

silentshout
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Well, that's good for the California tea party..the less Palin types there, the better for their success in the state. (disclaimer: I have no experience with the tea parties, so take this with a grain of salt :P )

Imaginos
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
What a surprise!
I thought she's on our side!
:eek:
:rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
i know Carly Finorina and she's a total Egotistical Narcissistic Sociopathic BITCH.

They're all selloust at this California political level.

if McCain was so determined to Transparency... why hasn't he done something 25 years ago? Carly is Pure Crap.

Palin? Just a balance between carrying the clueless and making as much as a Money Whore can.

Time to write another song:" Money Whores... drop their knees to the floors":

TC95
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I think it's cute how she's trying to make a new word.

"commonsense"

Odin
05-06-2010, 06:51 PM
man i just looked at palin's facebook page and even her supporters are pissed about it lol, they wish she would have endorsed Devore.

Fozz
05-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Sarah Palin does not exactly have principles. Not only did she endorse McCain, and now Finorina, she also endorsed Lindsey Graham for his 2014 re-election bid.

As for her endorsement of Rand Paul, that was probably a result of a very well written and convincing letter that was sent to her house. Otherwise, she probably wouldn't have cared.

TC95
05-06-2010, 06:52 PM
What a surprise!
I thought she's on our side!
:eek:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, she's such a good person and she endorsed Rand! :rolleyes:

Brett
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I love how Palin-haters try to attack her for "taking over the tea party" why attacking her for "abandoning" it.

purplechoe
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Sarah Palin does not exactly have principles. Not only did she endorse McCain, and now Finorina, she also endorsed Lindsey Graham for his 2014 re-election bid.

You also forgot...

http://static.open.salon.com/files/perry_clown1245044305.jpg

http://www.rumproast.com/images/uploads/Palin_Perry_copy.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sarah+Palin+Attends+Campaign+Event+Texas+Governor+ cgHJgu-aN0Wl.jpg

TruckinMike
05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
You also forgot...

http://static.open.salon.com/files/perry_clown1245044305.jpg

http://www.rumproast.com/images/uploads/Palin_Perry_copy.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sarah+Palin+Attends+Campaign+Event+Texas+Governor+ cgHJgu-aN0Wl.jpg

thank you purplechoe,

TMike

Imaginos
05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Half of tea party people support Ron Paul and his small government message.
Ron Paul has been practicing what he's been preaching for over 3 decades and there's no one who has that track record.
Palin's endorsement of Rand Paul is calculated political opportunistic move to get into Ron Paul supporters.
If you read the list of her endorsement, you will see that there's no principle.
How can you describe someone (Palin) who endorsed John McCain and Lindsey Graham as a supporter of small government?

TC95
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Half of tea party people support Ron Paul and his small government message.
Ron Paul has been practicing what he's been preaching for over 3 decades and there's no one who has that track record.
Palin's endorsement of Rand Paul is calculated political opportunistic move to get into Ron Paul supporters.
If you read the list of her endorsement, you will see that there's no principle.
How can you describe someone (Palin) who endorsed John McCain and Lindsey Graham as a supporter of small government?

I totally agree with you. I was being sarcastic.

TC95
05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Go read DeVore's "like" page on Facebook. Some good stuff there. Somebody wrote:

"just made a contribution to Chuck in honor of Palin's endorsement of Fiorina. Let's have an impromtu moneybomb for Chuck."

http://www.facebook.com/DeVoreForCalifornia#!/DeVoreForCalifornia?v=wall

Imaginos
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I totally agree with you. I was being sarcastic.
I owe you an apology, then.
I'm sorry for my rant.
I have been in a mood for ranting all the afternoon since I found out that Bernie Sanders stabbed Ron Paul in the back.
:(

RM918
05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I love how Palin-haters try to attack her for "taking over the tea party" why attacking her for "abandoning" it.

Maybe they aren't the same people?

TC95
05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry for my rant. :p
I have been in a mood for ranting all the afternoon since I found out that Bernie Sanders stabbed Ron Paul in the back.

I forgive you. :)

Pete_00
05-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Get out of the anti-Palin Paranoia Bandwagon...you sound like Bill Maher worshiping leftists...

Who says DeVore was the Tea Party favorite? Because the PAC endorsed him?

Here is one poll that shows Fiorina with a small lead among people that identify with the Tea Party movement: http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscribers/Rls2331.pdf

DeVore had no chance...ZERO...and Campbell doesnt seem to like Israel very much and never associated himself with the Tea Party. This is why Palin endorced Fiorina. Besides, Fiorina is a wealthy powerful woman and Palin needs all the wealthy powerful allies she can get.

And stop living in la-la-land, Palin-Rand relation represents the ONLY way foward like it or not. If you think that pure paleo-conservatism/libertarianism will triumph on its own you need a spaceship ticket back to Planet Earth.

Free Moral Agent
05-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Get out of the anti-Palin Paranoia Bandwagon...you sound like Bill Maher worshiping leftists...

Here is one poll that shows Fiorina with a small lead among people that identify with the Tea Party movement: http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscribers/Rls2331.pdf

DeVore had no chance...ZERO...and Campbell doesnt seem to like Israel very much and never associated himself with the Tea Party. This is why Palin endorced Fiorina. Besides, Fiorina is a wealthy powerful woman and Palin needs all the wealthy powerful allies she can get.

HAH! I can tell you first hand that Chuck DeVore is the Tea Party's choice here in California, there is no doubt about that. I've been to two Tea Parties here and he was the only candidate considerate enough to show up. I have personally met him and asked him a question, and out of the three he is the most conservative. That might not be a big deal, but to have such an accessible Senatorial candidate in CA is something worth noting.

I don't agree with him on some issues, but he's the best we've got. Fionrina is no different than Boxer. So Pete_00, think again. Palin is just an opportunist, no better than a gambler at a roulette table.

Inflation
05-07-2010, 01:46 AM

And stop living in la-la-land, Palin-Rand relation represents the ONLY way foward like it or not. If you think that pure paleo-conservatism/libertarianism will triumph on its own you need a spaceship ticket back to Planet Earth.

This is all true, except that DeVore is the Tea Party/netroots favorite. Fiorina is (correctly) perceived as a McCain associated RINO.

I'll forgive Sarah if she endorses John Dennis.

Taco John
05-07-2010, 02:04 AM
She's not authentic tea party. She's an establishment hack who saw an opportunity to make money.

Taco John
05-07-2010, 02:10 AM

Fine by me. I know what I am, and I know what Palin is. Palin isn't authentic. She's in it for the money and power. I just can't understand how it is that there are people who can't clearly see this by now.

Liberty Star
05-07-2010, 02:32 AM
I fail to see what TP could complain about if she did. Not a Palin fan but have they seen her back?

adolescents
05-07-2010, 05:00 AM
palin's a stupid cunt.

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2010, 10:28 AM

So it seems you are a Fiorina fan...She can not beat Boxer. The Democrats will tear her to shreds.

Chuck DeVore is the favorite because that is what is happening at the actual Tea Parties in California. How many have you attended?

Campbell doesn't like Israel? Nice Fiorina propaganda regurgitation. Campbell has many Jewish friends and leaders who have vouched for him.

RonPaulCult
05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
This is all true, except that DeVore is the Tea Party/netroots favorite. Fiorina is (correctly) perceived as a McCain associated RINO.

I'll forgive Sarah if she endorses John Dennis.

Please don't suggest that to her! John Dennis does NOT need an endorsement from Palin. It will ruin him here in San Francisco.

Odin
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM

1.) There is no reason that Devore has less of a chance than Fiorina. In fact he probably has a better chance, since he is intelligent and likeable, unlike Fiorina.
2.) There is no doubt he is the Tea Party favorite (I live in CA and I know this to be the case.
3.) The people who "identify" with the tea party is a really weak description which probably applies to most republicans. That's different than the people who actually attend tea parties.

Besides, Fiorina is a weaker general election candidate anyway. She'll be labeled "out of touch," accused for her horrendous job at HP, and she'll have basically zero grassroots help. Devore on the other hand will have the support of the grassroots, and has a strong, principled record.

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Besides, Fiorina is a weaker general election candidate anyway. She'll be labeled "out of touch," accused for her horrendous job at HP, and she'll have basically zero grassroots help.

Here's a preview of what they will do to Fiorina. There are a lot of people in California who would never vote for her based on what happened at HP.

YouTube - Demon Sheep: Mutton on the Lamb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZxk_9GTHrs)

Free Moral Agent
05-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I think this is the only in-person interview/debate between Chuck DeVore and Fiorina whom is always ducking these encounters...

YouTube - Chuck DeVore on Hannity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFux0ufPkg)

Brett
05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe they aren't the same people?

So which side is right?

Danke
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
man i just looked at palin's facebook page and even her supporters are pissed about it lol, they wish she would have endorsed Devore.

Does the AP read RPFs?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100507/ap_on_el_se/us_palin_facebook_pushback

libertarian4321
05-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Why would anyone vote for Fiorina?

She was a complete failure as CEO of Hewlett Packard. I'll bet the folks at Dell wish she had stayed on a couple of more years and run the company completely into the ground.

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Why would anyone vote for Fiorina?

She was a complete failure as CEO of Hewlett Packard. I'll bet the folks at Dell wish she had stayed on a couple of more years and run the company completely into the ground.

The establishment talks, the sheeple follow... :rolleyes:

She isn't even the front runner, and many major news stories feature her as if she is the only GOP candidate.

Imaginos
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
The establishment talks, the sheeple follow... :rolleyes:
Yeap, pretty much.
For most people, American Idol or football game is much more important than having a discussion on sound monetary policy or sensible foreign policy.
Watching the sheeple following propagandists (who are working for the establishment) is just surreal.
Reality is more terrifying and strange than fiction, I guess.

Pete_00
05-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Im just pointing out that Palin wants to win and she is playing the game the best she can:

DeVore, Tea Party favorite or not, had NO chance period. The polls are there for all to see.

Campbell, in her eyes, is anti-Israel and he probably is.

And you guys talk about Fiorina and HP but forget that there is 2 sides to that story, there is a side that says she was doing the right thing. Plus she must have some qualities to get to that position. What is the DeVore or Campbell record?

Palin recounted, incredulously, two especially unwelcome visitors who showed up at her front door with a camera rolling: comedian Kathy Griffin and Levi Johnston, the very estranged father of Tripp, the 28-month-old son of Palin’s teenage daughter. Bristol.

“Then we find out that (Griffin’s) agent is the brother of Obama’s chief of staff, you know, connecting the dots,” Palin added by way of explanation. Fortunately, Palin says, no one was home. (Griffin left a note).

I was highly impressed by this, and i beleive i made a post on this forum regarding Ari Emanuel and his clients before, just like i posted many times about the mafia that is the intertainment industry and all this comedians...Griffin´s agent is Ari Emanuel brother of Rahm Emanuel, Ari is also Michael Moore agent go figure. She (Palin) is not stupid, she knows what is going, and this very cleaver observation/dot-connecting is an example.

The people Ron Paul represents and the people Palin represents will never go anywhere unless they find common ground DEAL WITH IT and stop being drones of the media and intertainment industry. "PALIN IS DUMB!""PALIN IS DUMB!""PALIN IS DUMB!""PALIN IS DUMB!""PALIN IS DUMB!" Its so dumb... :rolleyes:

Pete_00
05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Fine by me. I know what I am, and I know what Palin is. Palin isn't authentic. She's in it for the money and power. I just can't understand how it is that there are people who can't clearly see this by now.

She doesnt give a rats arse about money or power...to her those are just tools. She is a hardcore "Third Wave" Christian-Zionist her theology is the only thing that matters to her. She shares almost all of Ron Paul´s opinions except when it comes to Israel.

I already posted a very unPC video of her pastor talking about how christian man and woman of integrity most control banks and finances, this is why she is feared and hated.

silentshout
05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, maybe I am a "leftist" since I can't stomach Palin. I can't stand what Palin stands for...end of story. I don't care a bit about her as a person..no hate etc I just don't like what she stands for. Sorry if that pisses people off.

silentshout
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM
She doesnt give a rats arse about money or power...to her those are just tools. She is a hardcore "Third Wave" Christian-Zionist her theology is the only thing that matters to her. She shares almost all of Ron Paul´s opinions except when it comes to Israel.

Yes, and this is what I find unappealing about her.

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
And you guys talk about Fiorina and HP but forget that there is 2 sides to that story, there is a side that says she was doing the right thing. Plus she must have some qualities to get to that position.

Her "quality" is the ability to be a convincing speaker, which translates pretty well into politics (like Obama or Bill Clinton). That's why the establishment is so head over heals for her. Just what we need, another typical politician, who will enrich herself while catering to powerful special interests, and convincingly sell the sheeple a load of BS. As for her business career, she never accomplished anything other than promoting herself. She was an incompetent CEO who was fired. How many executives of Top 20 companies get fired? She nearly destroyed HP.

Here's a new website on her HP history:

http://www.thebookoncarly.com/

Ireland4Liberty
05-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, maybe I am a "leftist" since I can't stomach Palin. I can't stand what Palin stands for...end of story. I don't care a bit about her as a person..no hate etc I just don't like what she stands for. Sorry if that pisses people off.

Same except I hate her.:cool::p