PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns Protest AZ Immigration Law

Theocrat
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/37/00/77af_1.JPG

Read more about that here (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/04/los.sons/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1).

dannno
05-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, I'll have to start rooting for them, cause they are about to lose a lot of fans!!

MelissaWV
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/37/00/77af_1.JPG

Read more about that here (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/04/los.sons/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1).

Utter, absolute fail.

What a poorly-designed Spanglish phrase has to do with the Immigration Law will, I'm sure, be made clear...

dannno
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
"The frustration with the federal government's failure to deal with the issue of illegal immigration resulted in passage of a flawed state law. However intended, the result of passing this law is that our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question, and Arizona's already struggling economy will suffer even further setbacks at a time when the state can ill afford them." - Phoenix owner Robert Sarver

Precisely!!

The owner of the Suns "gets it" more than a bunch of people on this board.....a bunch of people on this board who disagree with Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Judge Napolitano and think we need to expand police powers on ordinary American citizens to deal with illegal immigration when there are much better solutions..

pahs1994
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Lol i was listening to Wilkow yesterday, he said people should buy buy nosebleed tickets to a Suns game and then go sit in the front row. And when the usher askes you to see your papers (ticket).. call him a racist

Theocrat
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Utter, absolute fail.

What a poorly-designed Spanglish phrase has to do with the Immigration Law will, I'm sure, be made clear...

Is it supposed to read "El Suns"?

paulitics
05-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Precisely!!

The owner of the Suns "gets it" more than a bunch of people on this board.....a bunch of people on this board who disagree with Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Judge Napolitano and think we need to expand police powers on ordinary American citizens to deal with illegal immigration when there are much better solutions..

I'm not sure what to think and I'll admit that. I need to see how this plays out. For instance, I already thought they amended the language of the law to ban racial profiling, but perhaps I read wrong.

I'm certainly not for expanding the police state, or real ID. These globalists play both sides, and the Mexicans are pawns, as well as the American people who are fed up with open borders and other globalist policies designed to destroy sovereignty.

I think there is a middle ground here, but it doesn't seem like it is being discussed by anyone. Too much emotion, and not enough reasoned debate.

MelissaWV
05-06-2010, 11:36 AM

That just makes me weep.

It would be "los," yes, since for some reason in this scenario "suns" is plural. Why there are multiple suns in our solar system, let alone on the basketball court, is a debate for another day.

"Suns" is not Spanish. Making it "Los Suns" does not make it any more Spanish than it was before. If you really wanted to make it "Los Soles," I suppose that would make some sense, but to many it would make it seem that the mascot should be changed to a shoe or a fish.

furface
05-06-2010, 11:41 AM

"Las Suns" They're a bunch of girly men. Or perhaps "Las Soles." To be perfectly incorrect.

constituent
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
"el sol" probably would have worked out just fine.

dannno
05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Lol i was listening to Wilkow yesterday, he said people should buy buy nosebleed tickets to a Suns game and then go sit in the front row. And when the usher askes you to see your papers (ticket).. call him a racist

Wow, I don't think Hitler's Minister of Propaganda could have come up with something that funny!! :D

dannno
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I think there is a middle ground here, but it doesn't seem like it is being discussed by anyone. Too much emotion, and not enough reasoned debate.

It's being discussed here.. we all know the solution, end entitlements..

Also the language in the bill that was changed did not change what is in my signature.. as far as I'm concerned they only did that to put out propaganda that they had fixed this bad law because there were too many people coming out against it.. unfortunately when people here the news say that a law has been amended to be fixed, they simply believe it..

Pete_00
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe Mr. Robert Sarver will use jerseys to protest the treatment of Palestinians and the racist laws of the "jewish state"...and Mr. Stern will give him the thumbs up im sure... :rolleyes: