PDA

View Full Version : Gas Stations

anewvoice
10-11-2007, 07:05 AM
I've been leaving business cards at gas stations for months now, but in those months there's a new thing at more and more gas stations, TV.

Ok, the content is boring and mostly advertising, BUT I watch it because I have nothing better to do. What about putting an ad on gas stations?

http://www.gasstationtv.com/

Thoughts?

jonahtrainer
10-11-2007, 08:25 AM
I've been leaving business cards at gas stations for months now, but in those months there's a new thing at more and more gas stations, TV.

Ok, the content is boring and mostly advertising, BUT I watch it because I have nothing better to do. What about putting an ad on gas stations?

http://www.gasstationtv.com/

Thoughts?

This would be a genius way for the campaign to spend their ad dollars. Get a Ron Paul clip about 1-1.5 minutes that hits on the major issues; like the Cafferty or Abrams reports. People actually watch these ads; Tivo, ice cream, popcorn, etc.

Santana28
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
this is a GREAT idea. honestly.... its awesome. People are forced to watch while they pump their gas...hehe. What are the prices???

We have those here and i think they're annoying as hell...but if Ron were on them i probably wouldn't mind so much :)

nayjevin
10-11-2007, 09:12 AM
To advertise, please contact Dave Daniels at ABC New Media via phone at 212.456.6700 or via email at Dave.A.Daniels@abc.com.

they have a partnership with ABC

ARealConservative
10-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Iowa has the internet and DVD players, but we don't have those things yet.

I've seen them on the Leno show before though.

jonahtrainer
10-11-2007, 09:52 AM
this is a GREAT idea. honestly.... its awesome. People are forced to watch while they pump their gas...hehe. What are the prices???

We have those here and i think they're annoying as hell...but if Ron were on them i probably wouldn't mind so much :)

If people hear Ron Paul for 6 minutes they are hooked and many become passionate supporters.

This would be a great way to reach the 84% who are pissed at Congress. They don't watch politics on TV and don't talk with their neighbors about it. But they have to get gas.

anewvoice
10-11-2007, 10:07 AM
they have a partnership with ABC

I did e-mail this contact information, though once I saw the ABC part I was disheartened. Though MSM does anything for money, so we'll see.