PDA

View Full Version : Times Square Bomb Suspect Was Upset Over Drone Attacks, Source Says

Bruno
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Blowback. Good thing Obama decided to makes jokes about sending Predator Drones to drop bombs on the Jonas Brothers. Obviously killing people with bombs dropped from remote controlled planes is a hilarious topic. :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/05/times-square-bomb-suspect-met-pakistani-taliban-leader/

The Pakistani-American man suspected in Saturday's attempted car bombing in New York's Times Square has told authorities he was upset over U.S. drone attacks in Pakistan, especially a drone attack while he was in the country, a U.S. official told Fox News.

The new information about a possible motive in the failed attack comes as Pakistani officials tell Fox News that the suspect, Faisal Shahzad, was introduced to Qari Hussain, the No.3 in the top tier leadership of the Pakistani Taliban on his last trip to Pakistan. U.S. officials couldn't immediately confirm that.

Pakistani officials said they obtained their information after arresting a man in Karachi who is believed to be a friend of the 30-year-old Pakistani-American who allegedly tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square Saturday night. The friend also confessed to having played a crucial role introducing Shahzad to Hussain, a master homicide bomber trainer in North Waziristan where he learned the art of bomb making.

In addition, Shahzad's father-in-law has been arrested and is believed to be a naturalized American Citizen.

Shahzad, however, is believed to have worked alone in the United States on the plot almost immediately after returning from a five-month visit to his native land, authorities said.

Two new surveillance videos emerged of the accused bomber, Faisal Shahzad. Police told The Associated Press that one video shows him in a white baseball cap walking away from the smoking, bomb-laden Nissan Pathfinder parked in the bustling heart of New York City.

cont

brandon
05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Nonsense he hated us because we are free and our women have jobs

MRoCkEd
05-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Nonsense he hated us because we are free and our women have jobs
It's hilarious that Rudy still says that with a straight place.
"These are islamofascists who are infuriated by women in the workplace..."

Stary Hickory
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
He hates our freedom and the fact we eat cheeseburgers...and BACON!

pcosmar
05-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Pakistani officials said they obtained their information after arresting a man in Karachi who is believed to be a friend of the 30-year-old Pakistani-American who allegedly tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square Saturday night. The friend also confessed to having played a crucial role introducing Shahzad to Hussain, a master homicide bomber trainer in North Waziristan where he learned the art of bomb making.
Ha Ha ha hee hee heeee

Now that there is funny,
I don't care who ya are.
;)

p.s. I learned mine in JROTC in High School, with advanced courses in the US Army.

paulitics
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Another rich guy from privelaged family turned wanna be terrorist.

KCIndy
05-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Ha Ha ha hee hee heeee

Now that there is funny,
I don't care who ya are.
;)

p.s. I learned mine in JROTC in High School, with advanced courses in the US Army.

All that "training" must not have stuck... from what I've seen and heard, that so-called "bomb" was a complete clusterf*ck of a contraption.

If I were more conspiracy minded, I would think it was a plot by the Consumer Product Safety Commission to get all my fireworks banned. :(

SWATH
05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
All that "training" must not have stuck... from what I've seen and heard, that so-called "bomb" was a complete clusterf*ck of a contraption.

If I were more conspiracy minded, I would think it was a plot by the Consumer Product Safety Commission to get all my fireworks banned. :(

No kidding. I don't know what it was made out of but on the MSM they kept saying a large explosive device, so you think of like a large high explosive like RDX or something cheap and easy like acetone peroxide or something right but then they say it is a couple of propane tanks with some fireworks attached to it with electrical wires. Uh I don't know where this guy learned to build bombs but if I were him I would demand my money back. A propane tank? I mean even if you could get it to blow the most it would do is catch the car on fire, blow out the windows, and scare the shit out of everyone. Maybe a few eardrum injuries or minor shrapnel wounds, perhaps a heart attack or two, but the car would contain most of the tank shards. I don't believe based on this description of it that it would have killed anyone at least not many people at all. Infrastructure damage would have been minimal. If it were a dirty bomb spreading radioactivity I could see, but in my opinion this bomb was not designed to kill people or at least not capable of doing so in any serious manner.

pcosmar
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Yup.I actually object to it being called a "bomb".
Fire hazard maybe. but not a bomb. ;)

It's what I have come to expect from "reporters".

KCIndy
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Yup.I actually object to it being called a "bomb".
Fire hazard maybe. but not a bomb. ;)

It's what I have come to expect from "reporters".

I agree... for sure!

What really keeps bouncing around in my head is this: WAS the guy actually trained in explosives and bomb making?? Really??? If - IF that is true, then either the guy was a complete simpleton or else the "training" wasn't worth a rat's behind.

There are kids in high school who could rig up a more effective device.

Something about this whole story smells.... or else there is a lot more we're not being told. I'm not a conspiracy minded person, but this scenario really just doesn't add up.

:(

pcosmar
05-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I agree... for sure!

Something about this whole story smells.... or else there is a lot more we're not being told. I'm not a conspiracy minded person, but this scenario really just doesn't add up.

Trust your nose.

This has a stink.

catdd
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
They always begin an invasion by demonizing the country first - it helps get public opinion on their side - and they need public opinion on their side because it will cost a lot of money.
A Pakistan invasion is more likely than Iran, I believe.

BuddyRey
05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Truthbump!

Vessol
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Dear god, imagine all the pre-teen terrorists if we drone attacked the whatever brothers.

phill4paul
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
All week long every article I have read about it kept repeating "What was his motivation?". As if the Pakistan/American label weren't applied in the byline above it. Like a neanderthal couldn't have put two and two together. It seemed like bad Stephen King foreshadowing to me.

As with just about everything the American public will bite the tootsie-pop before knowing how many licks it would have taken to get to the center.

Bruno
05-07-2010, 07:01 AM
All week long every article I have read about it kept repeating "What was his motivation?". As if the Pakistan/American label weren't applied in the byline above it. Like a neanderthal couldn't have put two and two together. It seemed like bad Stephen King foreshadowing to me.

As with just about everything the American public will bite the tootsie-pop before knowing how many licks it would have taken to get to the center.

And they also kept repeating that he was offering up all sorts of important information. Don't you think he'd also tell them straight up, within the first five minutes, what his motivation was, if he was willing to provide so much other info to his interrogators?

Police: "Why'd ya do it?"
Shahzad: "That's for me to know and you to find out. But I'll tell you anything else you want to know." :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM

You can still use the snake.

michaelwise
05-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I've been saying this from day one.