PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul "care" package for older voters?

Sematary
10-11-2007, 06:56 AM
I was thinking of going door to door in my neighborhood, armed with various materials but I also got to thinking that there are alot of people who STILL don't use the internet - especially older people. So what would be a good "care" package for them?

uncloned21
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1330?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=bundlestab

Sematary
10-11-2007, 07:17 AM
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1330?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=bundlestab

The page wouldn't load.
But, what does DELL have to do with printing out stuff and giving it to older people who don't own computers or go on the internet? They may not even have a dvd player.

steph3n
10-11-2007, 07:19 AM
it is a page for a dell laptop?

anyway, I think a more personable approach by giving them some literature with some fruit basket, or something similar may work better :)

The page wouldn't load.
But, what does DELL have to do with printing out stuff and giving it to older people who don't own computers or go on the internet? They may not even have a dvd player.

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 07:19 AM
The page wouldn't load.

I think he is saying, "Buy them the internet." :D

Sematary
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
I think he is saying, "Buy them the internet." :D

While that would be nice - I don't have that kind of money. What I DO have is a willingness (and the ability) to go door to door and hand this stuff out. I figured I need dvd's, slimjims (have them), statement of faith. What I'm wondering is - what else should I add? Also - I could DEFINITELY use donations to help me pay for printing materials, etc... (just in case anyone wants to help out). The more I have, the more I can distribute and distribute I will. :D

steph3n
10-11-2007, 07:24 AM
work up a "balance sheet" of what you want to distribute, then make a chipin i will send $5 to ya so long as I know what it is being spent on.

While that would be nice - I don't have that kind of money. What I DO have is a willingness (and the ability) to go door to door and hand this stuff out. I figured I need dvd's, slimjims (have them), statement of faith. What I'm wondering is - what else should I add? Also - I could DEFINITELY use donations to help me pay for printing materials, etc... (just in case anyone wants to help out). The more I have, the more I can distribute and distribute I will. :D

uncloned21
10-11-2007, 07:25 AM
I thought a care package was what you send to your college student in a basket including snacks and useful dorm accessories.

steph3n
10-11-2007, 07:28 AM
yep that is why I said do some sort of basket :)

I thought a care package was what you send to your college student in a basket including snacks and useful dorm accessories.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 07:43 AM

I don't think giving people unsolicited food donations is wise. Especially with older people. I just need some thoughts on what printed materials to add.

Here are the supplies I will need to purchase

1. DVD's
2. Manilla envelopes
3. DVD labels
4. ink jet ink
5. paper (lots of paper)

Now let's see - DVD's - let's say 500 for now @ $25 per 50 (guessing) = $250
Manilla envelopes - also 500 - what? Maybe $50 (again, guessing
DVD labels - it's like 20 for $10 or something like that so = $250
ink jet cartridges (probably (at least) two each of color and black) = $160
paper - 2 or three packages - $10

Of course, I'm just guessing but it leaves wiggle room for more supplies
Grand total = $720

Guess I'll shoot for that.
Here is the chipin page:
http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/ron-paul-care-packages

Thanks to all who can help.

Bob

ACJohn
10-11-2007, 07:49 AM
If you plan on an older person reach out, ask them if they need transportation to the poll come election day. Get their name to the local Meet-Up group, which I hope all Meet-Ups have a Get out the vote Plan?

John

steph3n
10-11-2007, 07:50 AM
very good!

If you plan on an older person reach out, ask them if they need transportation to the poll come election day. Get their name to the local Meet-Up group, which I hope all Meet-Ups have a Get out the vote Plan?

John

Sematary
10-11-2007, 07:54 AM

John

haha - local meetup. I AM the local meetup. I live in the sticks and there is a meetup group for my county but I'm the only member. I work hard and I work alone (mostly).
Anyway, I'll make the offer to take people to the polls though.

Nefertiti
10-11-2007, 07:59 AM
I think there is a sale on now at Office Depot on DVDs. My husband bought a bunch yesterday-I think he paid $25 for 100.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I think there is a sale on now at Office Depot on DVDs. My husband bought a bunch yesterday-I think he paid $25 for 100.

Either way, I am flat broke and need donations to pay for all of this stuff.

Please chipin, if you can. I'll do the leg work. :D

Nefertiti
10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Another idea that was suggested at our meetup last night was to go to senior citizen's centers or nursing homes. I don't know if they would allow you to come in and speak to the residents about Ron Paul, perhaps show a video. That way you could reach more people at one time.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Another idea that was suggested at our meetup last night was to go to senior citizen's centers or nursing homes. I don't know if they would allow you to come in and speak to the residents about Ron Paul, perhaps show a video. That way you could reach more people at one time.

I live in the sticks. There are none of those here. People die in their homes or go to the city to die.

steph3n
10-11-2007, 08:10 AM
I live in the sticks. There are none of those here. People die in their homes or go to the city to die.

I can't donate today i have bankrupted my paypal yesterday in giving :)

however send your chipin over to chowda and it can be added to the chipin page on the ronpaulgraphs.com and we can all track it, and when I get my paypal funds in I can send your way more easily than searching here

Sematary
10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I can't donate today i have bankrupted my paypal yesterday in giving :)

however send your chipin over to chowda and it can be added to the chipin page on the ronpaulgraphs.com and we can all track it, and when I get my paypal funds in I can send your way more easily than searching here

How do I do that?

steph3n
10-11-2007, 08:15 AM
How do I do that?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=4734

Send a private message with your chipin link, or the forum link so the reason for it can be seen.

Santana28
10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Great idea. I know i am in definite need of a VHS with all of Ron's debates on them... maybe a few MSM interviews but i'd leave all the "controversial" stuff off there and include it in a second seperate DVD or VHS if possible.

Also, keep in mind that older folks come from a generation that valued READING - i know my grandma is a bookworm and she would be highly moved to read some of Ron's congressional speeches. A few of those should definitely be thrown in there. Reading requires sitting down and processing information and thinking about things - i think a few pages of his writings on particular issues would be a better help than anything else.

If anyone does get something like this together... SEND ME ONE!!! I'll pay you :) I need to convert my grandma in time for the Ohio primary!

Nefertiti
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
In a large font would be good for those whose vision isn't so good anymore.

Sematary
10-11-2007, 09:12 AM
In a large font would be good for those whose vision isn't so good anymore.

Good ideas but without the funds to buy the supplies, it isn't going to happen. Please try and help me get people to chip in for this.