PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Gary Johnson on the PPP Poll

doctor jones
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/

To be included in the poll for next 2012 candidate (it's better him than someone like Rick Perry or Dick Cheney)

Bern
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Done.

MRoCkEd
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Why? He'll get 1% because nobody knows who he is.

I voted for Beck out of curiosity.

doctor jones
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Is not better to have the field along the lines of Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Jim Demint rather than John McCain, Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin?

MRoCkEd
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Is not better to have the field along the lines of Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Jim Demint rather than John McCain, Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin?
Sure but how does including someone in a poll change that?

robertwerden
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Look, I really do understand there are other candidates out there who would be a second choice if ron does not run, but this is the ron paul forum, not the other guy forum. As far as presidential candidates are concerned.

Like ive said before, go start your own forum for other presidential candidates.

teamrican1
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Look, I really do understand there are other candidates out there who would be a second choice if ron does not run, but this is the ron paul forum, not the other guy forum. As far as presidential candidates are concerned.

Like ive said before, go start your own forum for other presidential candidates.

This is the General Politics sub-forum of the Liberty Forest. So his post is completely appropriate. If all we ever talked about was Ron Paul we would be a cult. Nobody knows if Ron Paul is even running for Prez in 2012, and even if he does we don't know he'd be the best choice. The more competent pro-liberty candidates we have out there raising their profiles, the better.

cmasslibertarian
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM

that's silly. this is the general politics forum. also, shit like this doesn't help with the whole cult of personality thing that people pigeonhole us into. it's about the movement, not the man.

Jordan
05-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Why have someone like Gary Johnson who could take 1% away from Paul?

Paul 8% is better than Paul 7, Gary Johnson 1.

Not like Gary Johnson is going to take that much away from Ron, but still.

robertwerden
05-05-2010, 09:37 PM
BECAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the Ron Paul Forums.
Yes other candidates who are not running for president are talked about here.

CULT???????????????????
How about looking indecisive because we are not focused?

All kidding aside, if we allow talking about Johnson, then whats to stop someone from stumping for Palin or Romney in here. It will become a free for all and the forum will get hijacked first by our own members switching sides, then by the neocons who find this place through a search engine because Palin is being discussed. There has got to be a line drawn, and as far as presidential candidates Ron Paul is the line for me.

low preference guy
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
and as far as presidential candidates Ron Paul is the line for me.

Congratulations.

teamrican1
05-06-2010, 10:48 AM
BECAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, if we allow talking about Johnson, then whats to stop someone from stumping for Palin or Romney in here. It will become a free for all and the forum will get hijacked first by our own members switching sides, then by the neocons who find this place through a search engine because Palin is being discussed. There has got to be a line drawn, and as far as presidential candidates Ron Paul is the line for me.

What stops them is the fact this is a pro-liberty forum and stumping for Palin or Romney would likely be met with intense ridicule and derision. Gary Johnson on the other hand, is a pro-libery, anti-Drug War, anti-tax, anti-Fed, anti-war politician who endorsed Ron Paul for President in 2008, spoke at Ron's alternative convention, and has been a loud advocate for many of the ideas people on this forums support ever since he left office.

dannno
05-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Gotta start somewhere..

itshappening
05-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Johnson should be in but no one is going to know who he is so I expect very low numbers, shrug...

RonPaulCult
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Wait - we're not a cult?

doctor jones
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM

It gets the American public thinking that there's a mentality change among what it means to be conservative by having those names presented to them as possible candidates rather than a bunch of neocons