PDA

View Full Version : The strategy for open book fundraising...

Taco John
10-11-2007, 06:31 AM
It just dawned on me while working on a project with the graphs at www.RonPaulGraphs.com open on my second screen why this is going to work, and why we're going to meet the goal...

The strategy, as I see it, is to use it as a free media generation tool. For every million that Ron Paul raises, he's going to get maybe $5-$10 million in free media exposure. Every million that Ron Paul Raises is a big story that can't be ignored. And the more this story gets reported, the more new people will continuously be exposed to Dr. Paul's message.

Ultimately, WE are Dr. Paul's press machine. The more dollars that we send to Dr. Paul, the more free press he's going to get. The more press he gets, the more new donors enter the cycle, thus completing the feeback loop.

We might be off projections right now, but what we need to do is get the meter up to another million, and then start bragging about how quickly we raised as much as Huckabee raised in all of last quarter. If we keep turning heads like this, the air of true legitimacy will not be denied.

foofighter20x
10-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Wait til payday on Monday. ;)

born2drv
10-11-2007, 06:34 AM
I agree with you. Not only that, when people see others donating, they're more compelled to donate as well.... when you're told someone can't win and he's only 1%, it's hard to donate, but when you see them doing well and getting lots of contributions live it's hard to not get excited.

csen
10-11-2007, 06:37 AM
I agree with this -- I don't think we're going to hit the $4mln goal for October, but I do think we're going to exceed $2mln, and that gives us an additional credibility leg to stand on when we talk about RP to new people.