PDA

View Full Version : Let's kick those donations back up!

zebov
10-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Our goal should be to always beat "yesterday." We do that, and we'll have a chance of hitting 12 million. Come on guys! Dig deep!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

scubasteve01
10-11-2007, 06:28 AM
tomorrows payday

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I hope Ron's recent debate performance will have attracted many people.

tnvoter
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
DIGGING DEEP HERE haha

steph3n
10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
wow I just went to donate again, and I tell you this campaign listens!

It has a checkbox to allow the name to be displayed or not now! very nice. (of course I will, but I saw some requests to withhold)

sleeper
10-11-2007, 07:46 AM
The cat is out of the bag. We can not fail our DR. on this 12 mil mark.
http://www.observer.com/2007/ron-paul-has-lots-money

How much can be takin into his campaign from fund raisers by his supporters?
As in like dinner party at 100 bucks a plate and items sold and donated to him, as what is considered legitimate fund raising I have to say? For the ones who are maxed out on the 2300 allready? I do not know much about the fund raising donations. Some input would be nice here on the subject..

Didn't obama people sale merchandise and donated to campaign?

kylejack
10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
At the Texas City rally, the campaign had donated items that they auctioned off. An idea I've been tossing around is to create a market where this can be done perpetually. Supporters would offer their items up to be auctioned off, and the person offering the item ships it directly to the buyer once they post the confirmation number proving the donation. Do fundraising laws make this idea a nightmare?

steph3n
10-11-2007, 08:05 AM
i had thought about having a garage sale with a laptop setup to take payments, all payments go to Ron Paul Donate website, after the donation is successful they walk off with the item for sale. I don't make a penny and it is a new donor :D

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
i had thought about having a garage sale with a laptop setup to take payments, all payments go to Ron Paul Donate website, after the donation is successful they walk off with the item for sale. I don't make a penny and it is a new donor :D

Yeah, that's a pretty smart idea. Indeed, a nationwide Meetup garage sale would be a great idea. Meetup members from each city get all their stuff they don't need and take contributions for it.

qwerty
10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Just an idea...

:cool:

alexlcameron
10-11-2007, 08:25 AM

Thats an awesome idea!! I will have to look into that. Spread the word and raise some cash for Dr. Paul.

ashlux
10-11-2007, 08:28 AM

I really like the idea of that one. Maybe get some donation forms and take payments that way as well. (See the mail-in form: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RP2008-Reply-form.pdf).

Someone should check the legality of this idea though.

ashlux
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Some people might not like contributing online or via mail. So, if they object, perhaps take the money and donate it yourself.

alexlcameron
10-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Some people might not like contributing online or via mail. So, if they object, perhaps take the money and donate it yourself.

Unless you are already maxed out. Guess you would have to take the money and buy slim jims etc..

steph3n
10-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Hard to do if you max out :(

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Unless you are already maxed out. Guess you would have to take the money and buy slim jims etc..

And actually, I think this would be considered an 'in-kind' contribution from the person donating the item, so capped people probably should shy away from this, unless they just want to give a good uncapped friend in their Meetup group the item out of the goodness of the heart. Then that good friend can offer the item up for auction.

We're so naughty.

steph3n
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I will send this idea of the garage sell to Bradley, if he doesn't know maybe he can run it by someone.

And actually, I think this would be considered an 'in-kind' contribution from the person donating the item, so capped people probably should shy away from this, unless they just want to give a good uncapped friend in their Meetup group the item out of the goodness of the heart. Then that good friend can offer the item up for auction.

We're so naughty.