PDA

View Full Version : American Hero Jim Traficant enters race for congress as an independent

Robert Stark
05-04-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-9462-LA-Nonpartisan-Examiner~y2010m5d4-America-Hero-Traficant-enters-race-for-congress-as-independent

youngbuck
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
I hope he wins.

BuddyRey
05-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I hope the liberty movement gets behind him! He's a great guy with a lot of integrity and a proven record in Congress.

YumYum
05-05-2010, 01:24 AM
I hope he wins.

Me too!

libertarian4321
05-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

Why is Trafficant an "American hero?"

sofia
05-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

He took on the Zionists head on and called them out by name....something even Ron Paul doesn't do (at least not directly)

catdd
05-05-2010, 06:10 AM
He's got my vote.

TonySutton
05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
People may say a lot of things about Traficant good and bad but one thing is for sure. He represented the will of his constituents while in office. This is something many politicians can not truthfully say.

This is the reason I respect the man.

itshappening
05-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Send him money, he's going to need it

I think he can win this in a mid term, the Dem turnout will be low and the time is right for Traficant's populist message

TheState
05-05-2010, 07:10 AM
The last time he ran, he was in jail and still got 30% of the vote! I think he can win.

Imaginos
05-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

If you ask me, Trafficant deserves Nobel peace prize for standing up against Israeli lobby.
He deserve the prize for the sake of dead American soldiers (for Israel) and Palestinians who were butchered by Israelis.
It takes courage and character to stand up to Israeli lobby when 60% of political fund in Washington D.C. is coming from Israeli interest lobby source (according to Washington Post).

ctiger2
05-05-2010, 08:55 AM
He took on the Zionists head on and called them out by name....something even Ron Paul doesn't do (at least not directly)

I agree. Traficant must win. Ron is VERY careful when discussing Israel. I think he would agree with Jim on the Zionists in a private converstion though.

Imaginos
05-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree. Traficant must win. Ron is VERY careful when discussing Israel. I think he would agree with Jim on the Zionists in a private converstion though.
Ron Paul knows.
I saw an interview which Ron Paul said that he would not send our troops even if Iran starts war vs. Israel!
He made himself clear that he does not condone any activities of 'sacrificing American interest for Israel'.
And that is why MSM is trying to ignore and marginalize him.
For an example, Time's online poll clearly showed that Ron Paul was in top 20.
Yet, when the printed edition came out, Ron Paul was omitted by Time's editor.
Our national sovereignty is in grave danger because of Israel and Zionists in various places, such as MSM, banking industry, and etc. etc.

RokiLothbard
05-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm all for staying neutral when it comes to the middle east.

Was the dude really taking bribes though? Or was that trumped up BS?

RCA
05-05-2010, 09:28 AM

source?

lynnf
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm all for staying neutral when it comes to the middle east.

Was the dude really taking bribes though? Or was that trumped up BS?

trumped up BS -- they were trying to get him killed in prison.

feds tamper with witnesses to get people convicted, either coercing testimony or
threatening potential witnesses to scare them away. that's a fact and not just in Trafican'ts case.

prosecutors only care about their conviction rate, not whether someone is guilty or not.

lynn

BlackTerrel
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM

1. Trumping up charges on a Congressman is hard. You need to be really connected to do that.

2. Getting someone killed in prison is easy. Will cost you a case of cigarettes.

Like a lot of what Trafficant says - I don't buy it.

AuH2O
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
People may say a lot of things about Traficant good and bad but one thing is for sure. He represented the will of his constituents while in office. This is something many politicians can not truthfully say.

This is the reason I respect the man.

That is a good thing? Most people just want free shit from the government, and generally want to say a thing or two about their neighbors' private behavior.

Old Ducker
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
If you ask me, Trafficant deserves Nobel peace prize for standing up against Israeli lobby.
He deserve the prize for the sake of dead American soldiers (for Israel) and Palestinians who were butchered by Israelis.
It takes courage and character to stand up to Israeli lobby when 60% of political fund in Washington D.C. is coming from Israeli interest lobby source (according to Washington Post).

Well said.

Old Ducker
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
1. Trumping up charges on a Congressman is hard. You need to be really connected to do that.

2. Getting someone killed in prison is easy. Will cost you a case of cigarettes.

Like a lot of what Trafficant says - I don't buy it.

You just do not understand the power of the zionist lobbies:

Libertarians Gone Wild: May Event In Vancouver
April 12, 2010 // 4 Comments »

May 8. Vancouver, BC, Canada. Libertarian seminar.
his is an all day extravaganza, starting at 8:30 am, with opening remarks from seminar host, Jayant Bhandari, and featuring:

9 to 11am: Character & a Free Society” by Lawrence W. Reed, President, Foundation for Economic Education, USA. As a journalist, Lawrence visited 69 countries; spent time with Contra rebels in Nicaragua; lived with Mozambique rebel forces; travelled with freedom activists in Poland
11 to 11:15am: Coffee
11:15 to 1:15pm: “Defending the Undefendable” by Walter Block, Harold E. Wirth Eminent Scholar Chair in Economics and Professor of Economics at Loyola University New Orleans and Senior Fellow with the Ludwig von Mises Institute,
1:15 to 2:15pm: Lunch

“How Capitalism Tames The Vices,” Lila Rajiva, author of “The Language of Empire,” (MR Press, 2005) and “Mobs, Messiahs and Markets,” (with W R Bonner, Wiley, 2007).

(Lila: My invitation was withdrawn by the seminar hosts from fear that Canadian authorities/other seminar participants might object to opinions I’ve expressed on Israel-Palestine on my blog (I don’t believe they would have). My apologies to any readers who signed up anticipating my speaking there, but now you’ll get more time with Walter Block, Paul Geddes, and Larry Reed. Have fun!)

4 to 4:15pm: Coffee
4:15 to 4:45pm: Closing remarks by Paul Geddes, Vice-President, West Coast Libertarian Foundation, Canada

Event Rooms 1300-1500, Segal Graduate School of Business 500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6C 1W6

For further information, Contact: Jayant Bhandari: contact@jayantbhandari.com

http://mindbodypolitic.com/category/activism/

Brett
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
If I understand his views on issues correctly, I'm fairly certain I nearly never disagree with him.

But he's definitely the best "Fuck the establishment" candidate. I hope he wins.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM

feds tamper with witnesses to get people convicted, either coercing testimony or
threatening potential witnesses to scare them away. that's a fact and not just in Trafican'ts case.

prosecutors only care about their conviction rate, not whether someone is guilty or not.

lynn

Convicted = Asset
Acquitted = Liability

specsaregood
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM

I take it you are speaking from experience? Was trafficant in a maximum security prison? or a country club prison? Might be a bit tougher to find somebody to off somebody in a minimum security place.

specsaregood
05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
The last time he ran, he was in jail and still got 30% of the vote! I think he can win.

The article says 15%

Interesting that he is running against his old aid from when he was in office.

runningdiz
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Ron Paul knows.
I saw an interview which Ron Paul said that he would not send our troops even if Iran starts war vs. Israel!
He made himself clear that he does not condone any activities of 'sacrificing American interest for Israel'.
And that is why MSM is trying to ignore and marginalize him.
For an example, Time's online poll clearly showed that Ron Paul was in top 20.
Yet, when the printed edition came out, Ron Paul was omitted by Time's editor.
Our national sovereignty is in grave danger because of Israel and Zionists in various places, such as MSM, banking industry, and etc. etc.

The MSM is not trying to ignore and marginalize him JUST because of his views on Israel that is a delusional thought. Ron would not send troops if Australia started a war with Japan or if China started a war with India and so on. His views are the same when it comes to ALL countries that we should mind our own business.