PDA

View Full Version : Clint Didier, Liberty Candidate for US Senate from Washington?

Odin
05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I searched the forum and found no mention of this guy, but it seems like he's leading the primary race in Washington State, and is a non-interventionist, constitutional candidate. Clint Didier, apparently, is also a great football player. Here's the "foreign policy" section from the issues page on his website though:

Thomas Jefferson once said: “Friend of liberty everywhere, but the guardian of ours alone.” George Washington warned us of what he called: “entangling alliances.”

Our founders understood history and saw what happened to “empire building” nations, such as Great Britain. They knew no nation long endured who became an empire builder.

I subscribe to Jefferson’s view, and favor a non-interventionist philosophy. We need to stop trying to police the world and telling other nations how to manage their affairs. It is depleting our wealth and draining our national spirit. America is a republic; therefore let’s stop trying to spread “democracy”.

As to trade policy, I believe in true “free trade” not the managed trade we see today in federal treaties such as NAFTA and GATT. Such programs leave our farmers, of which I am one, uncompetitive and facing a heavy burden of regulations not required of farmers in many other nations. In the meantime, we are importing about 50% of our food supply that does not have to meet the same safety standards required of the foodstuffs produced in these United States.

I do understand the importance of sitting down with other nations to work out our differences. However, I will never vote to sell out our sovereignty, which is happening now. The United Nations has failed. I want the United States out of the United Nations, and the United Nations out of the United States. I will never support putting our troops under foreign command. The President of the United States is the only appointed Commander-in-Chief authorized under our Constitution.

Finally, the Constitution is explicit; only Congress has the power to declare war --- not the President. This did not happen in the case of Iraq and Afghanistan.

More importantly it is my belief the proper approach that should have taken place, was to issue “Letters of Marque & Reprisal” as found in the Constitution along with the war powers declaration. Pirates were the terrorists in the days of our founders and held no allegiance to any nation – the same as the terrorists of today. Our wise founders left us with the solution where mercenaries could be hired and given the authority to hunt down and bring terrorists to justice.

However, we are now at war. Let’s finish it, get out, and bring our fine young men and women home, and rethink our policy for the future. Again, let’s get back to basics. I believe we have several examples from the past to guide us from repeating the same mistakes.

http://www.clintdidier.org/issues.html

Unless I've grossly overlooked something, this guy seems awesome to me, I'm really surprised I hadn't heard of his candidacy here or anywhere until now.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
nice find!

Odin
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
^^yeah, and he seems to be winning especially among the grassroots, and first in fund raising. Go figure.

Imperial
05-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Nobody but Dino Rossi can beat Patty Murray I think. Not that I don't wish this guy could.

nate895
05-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Nobody but Dino Rossi can beat Patty Murray I think. Not that I don't wish this guy could.

Last poll I checked, she was below the 50% mark with all her opponents I have seen polls for. However, she is running behind Rossi. I hope Rossi runs because I've heard good things about his political positions overall.

Odin
05-04-2010, 10:45 PM
^^Why do you say that? The latest Rasmussen poll actually had this guy only 2 points behind Patty Murray and it's still early with a lot of work to do.

TCE
05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/washington/election_2010_washington_senate

That is 10 points behind, and with the House Effect of Rasmussen this cycle, it is probably a 15 point lead. I hope this guy wins, but he will need millions to knock off Murray.

Imperial
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
^^Why do you say that? The latest Rasmussen poll actually had this guy only 2 points behind Patty Murray and it's still early with a lot of work to do.

1) Patty Murray hasn't really started spending any money yet.

2) Murray will have massive advantages in name recognition.

3) Rasmussen has a substantial bias to Republicans.

Of course, things can change and upsets can happen. But Murray has experience campaigning and access to big money, meaning one needs certain advantages walking into the arena.

Odin
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/washington/election_2010_washington_senate

That is 10 points behind, and with the House Effect of Rasmussen this cycle, it is probably a 15 point lead. I hope this guy wins, but he will need millions to knock off Murray.

Sorry I was mistaken, the most recent poll was a SurveyUSA poll, which had him 2 points behind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Washington,_2010

He's raised 300K already, which of course is a drop in the bucket compared to what Murray has, but it's the most out of all the candidates and I think people are still waiting to see if Rossi is going to enter the race.

Odin
05-04-2010, 10:59 PM
1) Patty Murray hasn't really started spending any money yet.

2) Murray will have massive advantages in name recognition.

3) Rasmussen has a substantial bias to Republicans.

Of course, things can change and upsets can happen. But Murray has experience campaigning and access to big money, meaning one needs certain advantages walking into the arena.

As I said above, it was a SurveyUSA poll, Chris Didier won two superbowl rings for the Washington Redskins which may help in name ID, and I think there is a potential to raise a lot of money for this race.

Why so negative though lol? Since when did people here care about stuff like name recognition or money? Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Peter Schiff had neither when they started out, and look what Debra Medina did with hardly any money in Texas, the second largest state.

nate895
05-04-2010, 11:02 PM
As I said above, it was a SurveyUSA poll, Chris Didier won two superbowl rings for the Washington Redskins which may help in name ID, and I think there is a potential to raise a lot of money for this race.

Why so negative though lol? Since when did people here care about stuff like name recognition or money? Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Peter Schiff had neither when they started out, and look what Debra Medina did with hardly any money in Texas, the second largest state.

That's a different Washington. This is Seahawks country.

Odin
05-04-2010, 11:08 PM

oops you're right. Still irrelevant though I think. Whoever wins the primary will need enough money to get their message out and name ID will follow.

Brian4Liberty
05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
You might want to check this out:

http://www.liberty-candidates.org/Washington/

nate895
05-04-2010, 11:15 PM
You might want to check this out:

http://www.liberty-candidates.org/Washington/

Hedrick will be totally wiped out in the 3rd (my district). He's up against a conservative legislator who is quite a rising star. She will probably win the rae in November as well.

I have met Williams, his rhetoric seems good, but I have to say that most of his points seem like platitudes.

ChickenHawk
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
If this turns into a huge GOP year with 100+ pick ups Patty Murray may be toast no matter what but I think that is the only way she is going to loose. I really don't think that the discontent that is prevelant all around the country has really taken hold in the Seattle area. It may have in other parts of the state but those parts always vote against Murray anyway.

For a Republican to win state wide office they need to keep it fairly close in King county and I don't see that happening this year. Also, Didier is from east of the mountains and that makes it really difficult for him. It is virtually unheard of for an easterner to win state wide office. The fact that Dino was a popular state senator from King county was one of the main reasons he was able to almost win. Had he been from the east he never would have had a chance.

nate895
05-04-2010, 11:26 PM
If this turns into a huge GOP year with 100+ pick ups Patty Murray may be toast no matter what but I think that is the only way she is going to loose. I really don't think that the discontent that is prevelant all around the country has really taken hold in the Seattle area. It may have in other parts of the state but those parts always vote against Murray anyway.

For a Republican to win state wide office they need to keep it fairly close in King county and I don't see that happening this year. Also, Didier is from east of the mountains and that makes it really difficult for him. It is virtually unheard of for an easterner to win state wide office. The fact that Dino was a popular state senator from King county was one of the main reasons he was able to almost win. Had he been from the east he never would have had a chance.

It will be close. What needs to happen, traditionally, is for the GOP to hold the Democrats to a 60-40 victory in the Seattle region, win with their traditional landslide in Eastern Washington and then win SW Washington comfortably. I know the last one will occur, the second one will too, and the first has a shot at happening.

ChickenHawk
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
It will be close. What needs to happen, traditionally, is for the GOP to hold the Democrats to a 60-40 victory in the Seattle region, win with their traditional landslide in Eastern Washington and then win SW Washington comfortably. I know the last one will occur, the second one will too, and the first has a shot at happening.

Maybe liberals in King county will stay home in large numbers this year. I can see that happening. Of course since it's all vote by mail now I guess it doesn't matter if they stay home.:rolleyes:

nate895
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe liberals in King county will stay home in large numbers this year. I can see that happening. Of course since it's all vote by mail now I guess it doesn't matter if they stay home.:rolleyes:

There aren't that many liberals, even in this state. They're still below the 30% mark.

ChickenHawk
05-05-2010, 12:21 AM
There aren't that many liberals, even in this state. They're still below the 30% mark.

Yes, this state is actually quite conservative it's just tends to vote for Democrats. I think most Democrats in this state are to the right of a New England Republican.

Icymudpuppy
05-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Rossi is a Neocon, fascist warmonger.

He is the epitome of corporate allegiance with government.

Murray is a Feminazi communist.

I'm on board with the Didier campaign.

JK/SEA
05-05-2010, 10:11 AM

This.

I live near Everett. Koster has my support as well. He's going after Rick Larsen.

PatriotOne
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I see signs all over Eastern Washington for Didier. It's a wrap in the east for him since he came from a small town on this side of WA (Connell) and is rather famous over here. Plus he's the real deal (not an insider just a good ole boy from a small farming community) and I swear he took his "issue talking points" from Ron Paul.

ChaosControl
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Cool, looks like I have my primary pick. Cheers. :D

nate895
05-05-2010, 11:08 AM

I'd like proof of Rossi's position on the matter. My Ron Paul group were supporters of Rossi in his 2008 gubernatorial run, and no one really objected, not even the more radical elements within our local group.

cmasslibertarian
05-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Didier was endorsed by Palin-
http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/21/palins-didier-endorsement-a-potential-problem-for-rossi/

Phantom
05-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Youtube Clint Didier, watch his videos. He sounds like a candidate worth voting for. He echos Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Clint+Didier&aq=f (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Clint+Didier&aq=f)

Icymudpuppy
05-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Hedrick will be totally wiped out in the 3rd (my district). He's up against a conservative legislator who is quite a rising star. She will probably win the rae in November as well.

I have met Williams, his rhetoric seems good, but I have to say that most of his points seem like platitudes.

I wouldn't count Mr. Hedrick out.

He made an excellent showing at the Lewis County Debates night before last. Easily beat both Castillo and Herrera with his responses to questions.

If he could get some strong endorsements from people like Didier and Palin, and a good old RPF money bomb, he would blow the others out of the water.

-Jack

Odin
05-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Didier was endorsed by Palin-
http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/21/palins-didier-endorsement-a-potential-problem-for-rossi/

haha are you serious? That's great news, but where the hell did she get the idea lol? Another name she picked out of the hat? Like, how could she pick Didier in WA and not Devore in CA.

eproxy100
05-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Clint Didier quotes Thomas Jefferson a lot on his website. That's definitely a plus.

Paleo
06-02-2010, 06:25 AM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vUMm1UZ0YY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vUMm1UZ0YY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Todd
06-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Clint Didier quotes Thomas Jefferson a lot on his website. That's definitely a plus.

Yep...and He was a great Tight End for the Washington Redskins. What more could you ask? :D

YouTube - DidierBioV2.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUMm1UZ0YY&feature=player_embedded#)!

Paleo
06-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Damnit, I tried to embed a vid, but it didnt work, what am I doing wrong?

Also, check out clints website for many position videos, and a team of people in the Seattle Metro are working on a money bomb for Jun 28 or July 4. Details to come.

Patty Murray is one of the wildest liberals in the Senate, lets not replace her with a NeoCon, Lets replace her with a Paulite!

Todd
06-02-2010, 01:09 PM
bump

nate895
06-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Bump. I just got back from his party at the WSRC, which was so packed I couldn't turn around, and I heard him speak earlier at the Patriot Coalition event. I really like the guy, and I really think he has a shot at beating Rossi if he can get his name out there. Hopefully he can kick it into high gear and win the race.

South Park Fan
06-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Remember that this is an open primary, so we have vast potential to get independents to vote for him based on his Paulite views. Democrats could also be swayed into voting for him on the phony basis that he is weaker in the general election.

ChaosControl
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I've seen a couple signs for him, he is who I will vote for.

cswake
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
A good sign:

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/spincontrol/2010/jun/16/didier-meets-rand-paul-dems-take-note/

This afternoon, Didier tweeted, and the DSCC repeated:

“Just met with Ron Paul. What an inspirational leader! Makes me want to fight harder for Liberty! Pics to come.”

nate895
06-16-2010, 03:33 PM
A good sign:

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/spincontrol/2010/jun/16/didier-meets-rand-paul-dems-take-note/

I'm confused, did he meet with Ron or Rand? I'm already voting for the guy, and I'm going to go door-to-door and wanted to try to organize a moneybomb for him and Hedrick, but I'm going to be even more committed if he is meeting with Ron Paul and liking it.

low preference guy
06-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Just finished meeting with Ron Paul. What an inspirational leader! Makes me want to fight harder for Liberty! Pics to come. #wasen#wcot

http://twitter.com/ClintDidier/status/16331635413

surf
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM

no, it's Sounders and Husky territory...

GOP wants Rossi, and GOP will make sure Rossi wins. Rossi has extended a bit of an olive branch to us RP folks. not sure he can be trusted, but at least he's making an attempt.

surf
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Patty Murray is one of the wildest liberals in the Senate, lets not replace her with a NeoCon, Lets replace her with a Paulite!

for some reason i have been invited to join her conference calls and everytime i get on i try to ask a question - probably about war expenditures and global warlust first, the audit the fed would be next, and why the hell the she does not reply to emails. the calls always end before i get a chance to ask.

at least Cantwell replies to email, and i think Cantwell voted against TARP as well.

nate895
06-16-2010, 05:37 PM

GOP wants Rossi, and GOP will make sure Rossi wins. Rossi has extended a bit of an olive branch to us RP folks. not sure he can be trusted, but at least he's making an attempt.

Are you seriously considering supporting Rossi? As for the GOP supporting Rossi, maybe so at the elite level, but definitely not at the grassroots level. If it was up to the delegates last weekend, you'd guess Rossi was an also-ran.

surf
06-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Are you seriously considering supporting Rossi? As for the GOP supporting Rossi, maybe so at the elite level, but definitely not at the grassroots level. If it was up to the delegates last weekend, you'd guess Rossi was an also-ran.

no. and i wasn't there last weekend. i'm surprised to hear that Didier made a strong pitch. i'm not going to campaign for Rossi and i would for Didier. i'm just saying that Rossi has been the great hope for the GOP for years now (and he loses every time). but it's going to be difficult to beat his ass in a primary because of name recognition along with local press being infatuated with him.

the last article i saw on Didier focused on his acceptance of farm subsidies and painted him as a hypocrit.

guess my point was simply that Rossi could be worse.

nate895
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
no. and i wasn't there last weekend. i'm surprised to hear that Didier made a strong pitch. i'm not going to campaign for Rossi and i would for Didier. i'm just saying that Rossi has been the great hope for the GOP for years now (and he loses every time). but it's going to be difficult to beat his ass in a primary because of name recognition along with local press being infatuated with him.

the last article i saw on Didier focused on his acceptance of farm subsidies and painted him as a hypocrit.

guess my point was simply that Rossi could be worse.

You're right, he could be. I could easily hold my nose and vote for him if it was Rossi vs. Murray, and I wouldn't write-in someone. However, I'll be going door-to-door for Didier and Hedrick.

HOLLYWOOD
06-16-2010, 06:04 PM

How the national GOP/RNC worked in Nevada... backed a NEOCON Sue Lowden with ca$h and endorsements, including getting their paid propaganda print to slander the opponents.

Then within 24hrs, Michael Steele starts a national campaign to back the opponent and TEA PARTY winner Sharron Angle. As for Rossi, never trust a "Plastic Olive Branch" from the RINO GOP with their NEOCON SHILL.

[/URL][URL]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012102443_gop13m.html (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012102443_gop13m.html)

Tea party shows its strength at state GOP convention
Dino Rossi may be the Republican front-runner to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, but you'd have had a hard time telling that at the state Republican convention Saturday.
By Andrew Garber (http://search.nwsource.com/search?searchtype=cq&sort=date&from=ST&byline=Andrew%20Garber)

Seattle Times Olympia bureau
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/06/12/2012102297.jpg (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/zoom/html/2012102445.html)
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/ui/zoom_photo.gif (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/zoom/html/2012102445.html)STEVEN LANE / AP
Dino Rossi answers questions Friday at the Washington State Republican Party Convention in Vancouver, Wash.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/06/12/2011642202.jpg
Clint Didier

VANCOUVER, Wash. — Dino Rossi may be the Republican front-runner to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, but you'd have had a hard time telling that at the state Republican convention Saturday.
Rossi did get a standing ovation when he entered and applause during his speech, but the reception seemed tame compared to 2004 and 2008 when he ran for governor.
Tea-party favorite Clint Didier had the crowd roaring at times. "When I get to D.C., there's going to be hell to pay and I'm taking the heat with me," said Didier, also vying for the GOP nomination to run against Murray.
Didier, a Pasco farmer and former Washington Redskins football player, has Sarah Palin's endorsement and an avid tea-party following. He flew from Vancouver to Richland on Friday to meet with Palin, a former vice-presidential candidate, who reiterated her support.
"He knew he had something to offer this great state and our country," Palin said of Didier. "He didn't wait to see what the lineup would look like. He didn't play the political games that so many others do."
Tea-party activists apparently made a strong showing at the Republican convention, which is a kind of giant pep rally for the party and does not decide who will run in November. That happens in the August primary.
Organizers said more than 1,600 attended, nearly double the turnout at the last nonpresidential convention four years ago.
There was no way to know how many consider themselves tea-party activists versus plain old conservatives. But regardless of the label, it looked like more people were waving Didier signs than Rossi ones.
Didier has called Rossi an establishment candidate and questioned his core values. "I don't believe he's the conservative people think he is," Didier said in a May news release.
Didier didn't talk about Rossi on Saturday. Instead, he aimed his attack at the Democrat-controlled Congress. "By God, it's time we the people had the courage and the fortitude to take our country back," he said.
Rossi hit on several conservative principles, calling for an end to Congressional earmarks, a balanced-budget amendment and replacement of the new national health-care law "with a free-market solution."
"We can't leave this to the so-called elites," Rossi said. "It's our country. We have to fight for it."
http://local.ads.nwsource.com/ads/adv.gif

Rossi supporters at the convention said he has the best chance to beat Murray.
"I've followed Rossi for 10 years. I'd pick Rossi [over] a guy I don't know that well," said John Kinnick, a delegate from Marysville, referring to Didier.
Rossi "has a chance to win," Kinnick said. "I think these other people don't."
Lester Selzler of Maple Valley said he identified more with Rossi. "I'm not ultra conservative; I'm not lightly conservative. I'm middle of the road. For me, that's where he's at," Selzler said.

Didier's supporters questioned Rossi's values and his timing for getting into the race. Rossi announced on May 26 after months of speculation. Didier said he was running back in January.
"I'm firmly not in the Rossi camp," said Lori Collins, a delegate from Snohomish County.
Didier has spent time talking to voters, she said, while Rossi came late to the race. "The first time I saw Rossi was here," Collins said.
Marc Knauss, of Edmonds, said Rossi has not given straight answers on his views. "I think Rossi will say whatever will get him elected," he said.
State Republican Chairman Luke Esser said he welcomes the tea-party movement. "The Republican party is always re-energized from the right," he said.

As for the GOP contest to run against Murray, Esser said: "I'm not concerned at all about having a vigorous primary, as long as the main focus remains on defeating Patty Murray in November."
Material from The Associated Press is included in this report.
Andrew Garber: agarber@seattetimes.com

PatriotOne
06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm confused, did he meet with Ron or Rand? I'm already voting for the guy, and I'm going to go door-to-door and wanted to try to organize a moneybomb for him and Hedrick, but I'm going to be even more committed if he is meeting with Ron Paul and liking it.

Since the meeting was in D.C. and he tweeted he met with Ron Paul, I would say he met with Ron. That's the most exciting thing I have heard all week! Clint and Ron conspiring for Liberty together :). Clint does have a shot at this. I see his signs EVERYWHERE on the east side of the state. He's got Eastern Washington wrapped up. The west side is another story but he's got name recognition over there also because of his pro football career. He's worthy of a moneybomb.

surf
06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Didier, a Pasco farmer and former Washington Redskins football player, has Sarah Palin's endorsement

i didn't know this, and i actually get the Times.... i can tell you that in my legislative district (w/more than a few RPers and strong support from the old-school republicans - i.e. those that riduculed us RP fans) it could turn into a fractious battle. but, we've been there and done that already.

not that i'm a Palin fan, but we've seen what this can do.

libertybrewcity
06-26-2010, 06:04 PM
wow, this guy does have a chance too. he has the most money of any republican in the race. he seems to be favored by ron paul and is endorsed by sarah palin.
http://www.clintdidier.org/media.html

scandinaviany3
06-26-2010, 06:55 PM
The liberty/patriots coalition in Washington at the 113 to 12 for a candidate named Clint Didier on June 12th of this month.

Rasmussen polls have within 40 to 48 of his democratic opponent and he has already raised significant money and support (~350k last quarter reporting with an upword vector on visibility, support expecting matching funds for this quarter)

As the eastern elections wind down for their primaries we now can see we have a golden chance for us to get a liberty candidate into office if we want it. And not only that but take out the number 3/4 person in the senate. The secretary of the senate and put one of our own in her place. This is a golden, golden chance for the movement.

Clint is asking for the national liberty/patriot coalition to help him overcome his two opponents Patty Murray(incumbent democrat) and Dino Rossi(2 times lost governor race, past state senator, and western wa/party supported) republican in the upcoming top two primary on Aug 17th.

The Washington State Primary is pretty unique in the US. People list out their preference not their party. The top two people in percentage of vote go on to a general election. This is usually the best funded person that gets the message out.

The ballots will be going out and getting to homes in the end of July and the primary results will be closed for counting on aug 17th ish time frame.

If Clint can get the support of the national liberty movement he has a chance to drive his key issues of ending the fed, non intervention, right along side Rand Paul in 2010.

This is a wish and dream come true for the movement.

Clint is asking you all to go far and wide to spread the news about his campaign and help him win the primary placement and general election to have the liberty message gain another victory in 2010 in the senate.

www.agameplanforwashington.com

http://www.agameplanforwashington.com

scandinaviany3
06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Today is clint didiers moneybomb.

Please go and donate andrew jackson style 20 dollars to his cause.

This guy is the real deal and needs the liberty campaigns support

www.gameplan4wa.com

ravedown
06-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Connell Wa? wow- i remember driving through Connell on my way to college- you sneeze and you miss the whole town. Good luck Didier...I'll encourage my family and friends in Wa to vote for him.

surf
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
i went to the 48th district GOP meeting where Akers spoke. he spoke of 10% budget cuts. a gal asked him about budgeting and he incorrectly attributed this to the executive branch. i told him that congress sets the budget and asked him, "why only 10%?" he responded with a "you can't build Rome in a day" type comment. when asked about the "war on terror" he expressed strong support for this.... he seemed to stake all his plans on something called "lean" manufacturing and spent much time repeating this term and suggested that he'd take half a dozen Senators to the Harley Davidson plant to make his point.

the most interesting thing in this meeting to me was a conversation i had with a gal who expressed a strong belief that the GOP needed to get away from issues like gay marriage, abortion, etc.

sorry for the long story, but the ending is that i came home and researched Didier and came away very impressed. i will begin pushing him to my friends and neighbors as the election nears and will let the local GOP know that this is a man that the C4L will heartily endorse. this may scare them, but it could motiviate them as well.

bump for anyone that can afford to contribute to his money bomb.

Imperial
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Since the meeting was in D.C. and he tweeted he met with Ron Paul, I would say he met with Ron. That's the most exciting thing I have heard all week! Clint and Ron conspiring for Liberty together :). Clint does have a shot at this. I see his signs EVERYWHERE on the east side of the state. He's got Eastern Washington wrapped up. The west side is another story but he's got name recognition over there also because of his pro football career. He's worthy of a moneybomb.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/06/30/1246815/didier-rossi-visit-dc-seek-gop.html

Didier has met with tea party favorite Rep. Ron Paul

there is your affirmation.

Despite my earlier posts about Didier not having a chance, I think there is that outsiders chance he can. And if any year is good for an outsider, it is 2010. Contribute if you can!