PDA

View Full Version : DC Council Approves Medical Marijuana

Working Poor
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I found this interesting article while surfing looking forward to your comments:)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/04/dc-council-approves-medical-marijuana/

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 09:15 PM
nice to see this ;) i suspect these are just stepping stones to finally legalizing marijuana!!! watching folks trying to regulate a plant that has been proven safer then many common foods and aspirin is more amusing then the reefer madness movie!!

RPF SAFETY BREAK;)

Daamien
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
The only problem is that any ordinance passed by the DC local government is overruled by federal statute. Therefore, while DC Metropolitan Police won't be cracking down on medical marijuana use, I highly doubt the DEA, FBI, ATF, SS, Capitol Police, or Parks Police will comply.

Working Poor
05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
The bill will provide for between five and eight marijuana dispensaries throughout the city where the drug can be purchased. The cost will be subsidized for patients that cannot afford to pay, the Post reported.

DC Mayor Adrian Fenty (D) is expected to sign the bill. Congress will then have 30 days to review the legislation before it becomes law.

We could be calling our congressmen to support this could we not?

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
The only problem is that any ordinance passed by the DC local government is overruled by federal statute. Therefore, while DC Metropolitan Police won't be cracking down on medical marijuana use, I highly doubt the DEA, FBI, ATF, SS, Capitol Police, or Parks Police will comply.

that is why you lower the fine or just amend your state constitution(dc different story of course)!! in colorado a speeding ticket is more then having an ounce and a pipe!! in colorado if someone is busted for pot? my next question is what else did you do?? i just do not see the feds/state trying to bust folks for a 100 dollar fine in colorado!!

Imaginos
05-04-2010, 09:48 PM
A good news!
We still have long way to go, though.
We need to stop this war against drug horseshit.
Government always loves to start war.
Why don't they start the war against prostitution?
How about the war against too much sugar in diet?
Or the war against people who eat fast foods?
Or the war againts people spend too much money on their clothing?
Government needs to get the fuck out of individual's business, seriously.